Author Topic: So I went to Werchter Festival (Metallica, John Legend, The Kooks, Incubus, ...)  (Read 134 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I'm sure the European people on this board - or even non-U.S. cats - will have heard of Belgium's Werchter Festival. A lot of artists find it the best festival and in my opinion it really lives up to that title.

Anyways, just some quick reviews of the artists that I went to see yesterday:

The Kooks: okay, nothing more. They seemed tired as hell. Luke didn't really interact with the crowd, and WHEN he said something, you couldn't even understand what the fuck he was saying. Dude needs to articulate, for real, lol. Other than that: nice act.

Mastodon: kicked ass. Metal all the way!

John Legend: one hell of a great performance. First time I saw him in concert actually even though he had already been here in Belgium twice. Very great vibe...and man, what a voice this guy has when he performs. Even better than on disc in my opinion.

Incubus: good show, although - same as with The Kooks - there was very little crowd interaction. The singer was either high on drugs or drunk.

Metallica: they headlined Werchter Festival. Everywhere you looked people had Metallica t-shirts on. Prettty fucking nuts. They tore the place down. They opened with Creeping Death and played songs mostly from Kill'em All and Master of Puppets. They played for 2 hours and 20 minutes. They were supposed to stop then but since it was Metallica's 5th time at Werchter Festival, they decided to do two more songs: Last Caress and Whiplash - you should've seen/heard the crowd. Crazy.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

kemizt

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
that's hard to put in the same sentence...metallica and john legend.

but yeah man, anywhere metallica goes you're going to see a see of metallica shirts, and rest assure it's always going to be a kick ass show. i saw them in 2003 in LA and i got to say it was the worst and best night of my life. worst because i was lodged between two 7'7 500 lb die hard metallica fans and couldn't breath half of the time and was there in the same position for 12 hours (fesitval) with no water under the LA sun in mid july and was lodged between these two mamoths and the front railing (cracked rip, dehydration). and best because i got to see my favorite band live in the front row (finally) for like 3 hours. well worth the hospital visit after ward .

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

You're the one who did it ;D

kemizt

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"

but yeah man, anywhere metallica goes you're going to see a see of metallica shirts, and rest assure it's always going to be a kick ass show. i saw them in 2003 in LA and i got to say it was the worst and best night of my life. worst because i was lodged between two 7'7 500 lb die hard metallica fans and couldn't breath half of the time and was there in the same position for 12 hours (fesitval) with no water under the LA sun in mid july and was lodged between these two mamoths and the front railing (cracked rip, dehydration). and best because i got to see my favorite band live in the front row (finally) for like 3 hours. well worth the hospital visit after ward .

Yeah...Metallica is known for having great shows, can't go wrong with that. I hear you on those two mamoths though, lol. I've seen some at Werchter as well. I'm 6'7" myself, but I damn sure wouldn't want it with some of those die-hard rockers. Although most of 'em are very easy-going. For example, they were handing out free cups of water during the Incubus - Metallica pause (1hour and half of waiting) and when those metal heads got a cup they gently passed it along to people who needed the water more than they did. It's always good to see that people from different backgrounds get along with each other 8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i went to bonaroo this year, and all i gotta say is white stripes are the best show ive ever seen.