Author Topic: So it's been 10 years since this classic CD came out  (Read 682 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So it's been 10 years since this classic CD came out
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:21:02 AM »

I feel like alot of y'all are gonna disagree with me on this one. CNN seems pretty underrated. Anyways this is easily "top 10 albums of all time" material for me. The whole vibe of the CD is crazy. If you haven't got this then do yourself a favor & get it. The CD is full of classic songs from start to finish. It's that hardcore east coast hip hop everyone loves.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:22:57 AM by Bangin' West Coast »

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So it's been 10 years since this classic CD came out
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:24:20 AM »
Many dope songs on this CD, including Blood Money, Iraq, etc.

I love the Closer Remix that Sam Sneed laced.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »
Aw man that brings back memories... CNN's War Report is classic mid 90's east coast hip hop.

We was bumping that for years after it came out.

Too bad Nore iis never gonna go back to his CNN style that shit was WAY better than the crap he spews out today.

Where's Capone by the way?

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:56:20 AM »
^ Capone in fact put out two solo albums in the last two years!

The War Report is a historic album indeed, but I wouldn't go as far as considering it anywhere near flawless.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:59:24 AM »
another album i bought, but aint yet listen to it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 08:53:16 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 12:07:52 PM »

The War Report is a historic album indeed, but I wouldn't go as far as considering it anywhere near flawless.

Thanks for the info, bro. I'm gonna run to best buy and pick them 2 albums up.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »
another album i bought but yet to listen to.

Shame on you!  ;)

But yeah this album is a straight classic, they certainly don't make music like this anymore...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:48:12 PM »
One of the best albums ever "T.O.N.Y.", "Bloody Money" and "L.A., L.A." are certified classics. "Capone Bone", "Halfway Thugs", "Iraq", "Live on Live Long", "Black Gangster" & "Never Die Alone" all bang too. Nore was a completely different artist for this album, I mean neither him or Capone ever put out anything even close to this album since. The Reunion wasn't bad, just not even comparable to TWR.

tha letter d

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 08:42:03 PM »

Thanks for the info, bro. I'm gonna run to best buy and pick them 2 albums up.

Oooohhh... Be careful there homie. I'm a huge Capone and Noreaga fan and those two Capone CD's... well... To each his own and I ain't tellin' you not to buy them but definitely try to listen to some tracks first. To me they were almost painful to listen to, in fact I've never been able to get all the way through them. Bad production...seemed like Capone wasn't really in his zone. But to me them two CNN CD's are both classics. Good luck on that one!

herpes

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »
a east coast classic, and I still bump this album a lot.  I wish tragedy still wrote nores rhymes.

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 10:06:25 PM »
Classic.  That was a raw New York album, wish him a Nore drop a third LP.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:57:50 AM »
Classic.  That was a raw New York album, wish him a Nore drop a third LP.

I could imagaine a 3rd CNN record with Nore still on that reggaeton bullcrap... could you imagine Nore, trying to get Capone on a reggaeton track?

And even if he does get away from reggaeton for the 3rd album, he's nowhere near the old Nore that we knew on the War Report.

And T.O.N.Y. was my jam back in the day, that beat is still hard as fuck.

tha letter d

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 08:20:06 AM »
NORE is about to drop a new solo album and he promised on his myspace page and in recent interviews that there would be NO reggaeton on it whatsoever, let's just hope so. We'll have to see. I know that the freestyles and songs he has been dropping lately have been pretty tight and probably as close a return to the old NORE that we're gonna get. That one he did over the old D-Nice track called "They Call Me N.O." was really tight. Hed also said that as soon as this solo album was done, they were gonna drop a new CNN album. I guess we'll just havto wait and see about that too. He has been doin' a cool journal over at Hiphopgame with all these updates.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 04:58:20 AM »
Anyone remembers his second solo album? Even though it got bad reviews and N.O.R.E. himself said he hated it I used to bump that alot back in '99.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 06:00:33 AM »
Okay... I don't know anything about this album...... so I'm checkin out some of the songs listed on here.  It sounds like they were into some kind Islamic teachings at the time, like the 5 Percenters or Nation of Islam, because they said "Deaf Dumb and Blind" which is from the Qu'ran, and they saying "God" like they 5 percenters or something... and then one track they are even talking about how the got to "catch Jummah" which is an orthodox Islam practice. 

I was kind of impressed cause I thought they were ignorant, and gonna  sound like trash.  But I guess, you had to be a little intelligent to survive in New York hip-hop scene back in the good old days of the mid-90's.  This album sounds great.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:09:18 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)