Author Topic: So it's been 10 years since this classic CD came out  (Read 681 times)

fptz

Re: So it's been 10 years since this classic CD came out
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 06:08:12 AM »
Religion and intelligence? That's paradoxical.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 06:19:38 AM »
Religion and intelligence? That's paradoxical.

You say that cause the only religion you know is Christianity.  And because you are America and Eurocentric, you think that since you didn't think the popular American and European religion was intelligent, then all other religions must also be un-intelligent.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

fptz

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 06:47:20 AM »
You seem to know a lot about me.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »
Okay... I don't know anything about this album...... so I'm checkin out some of the songs listed on here.  It sounds like they were into some kind Islamic teachings at the time, like the 5 Percenters or Nation of Islam, because they said "Deaf Dumb and Blind" which is from the Qu'ran, and they saying "God" like they 5 percenters or something... and then one track they are even talking about how the got to "catch Jummah" which is an orthodox Islam practice. 

I was kind of impressed cause I thought they were ignorant, and gonna  sound like trash.  But I guess, you had to be a little intelligent to survive in New York hip-hop scene back in the good old days of the mid-90's.  This album sounds great.

Obviously, they were God Body/Blood. I'm suprised u didn't pick up on that.

herpes

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
Okay... I don't know anything about this album...... so I'm checkin out some of the songs listed on here.  It sounds like they were into some kind Islamic teachings at the time, like the 5 Percenters or Nation of Islam, because they said "Deaf Dumb and Blind" which is from the Qu'ran, and they saying "God" like they 5 percenters or something... and then one track they are even talking about how the got to "catch Jummah" which is an orthodox Islam practice. 

I was kind of impressed cause I thought they were ignorant, and gonna  sound like trash.  But I guess, you had to be a little intelligent to survive in New York hip-hop scene back in the good old days of the mid-90's.  This album sounds great.

thats b/c tragedy kadafi wrote most of nore's rhymes.  And Tragedy appeared on a lot of songs b/c capone got knocked during the recording of the album.  All three were god bodies.  But the only one that was really on it was Tragedy.  Capone and Nore were only on it b/c they did a year in rikers and b/c it was the thing to be in the streets at the time.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 06:17:22 AM »

thats b/c tragedy kadafi wrote most of nore's rhymes.  And Tragedy appeared on a lot of songs b/c capone got knocked during the recording of the album.  All three were god bodies.  But the only one that was really on it was Tragedy.  Capone and Nore were only on it b/c they did a year in rikers and b/c it was the thing to be in the streets at the time.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation.  That would make sense.  Because, I followed Nore's solo carear just a little bit back when he was hott, and I didn't remember him having any Islamic/conscious influence in his rhymes.  So, you think Tragedy stopped writing for them after this album?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 08:10:03 AM »
"L.A., L.A." one of the greatest East Coast tracks ever  8)

herpes

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 12:40:09 PM »

Interesting, thanks for the explanation.  That would make sense.  Because, I followed Nore's solo carear just a little bit back when he was hott, and I didn't remember him having any Islamic/conscious influence in his rhymes.  So, you think Tragedy stopped writing for them after this album?

Tragedy never wrote for capone.  And tragedy stopper writing rhymes for nore a long time ago.  As a matter of fact I think Trag and Nore have had beef for the longest time now.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »

Tragedy never wrote for capone.  And tragedy stopper writing rhymes for nore a long time ago.  As a matter of fact I think Trag and Nore have had beef for the longest time now.

Do you know the Genesis of the beef?