Author Topic: My opinions and Review for TI VS T.I.P.  (Read 661 times)

WC Iz Active

My opinions and Review for TI VS T.I.P.
« on: July 01, 2007, 11:47:12 PM »
1. Act1 T.I.P.  3.5/5
Nice way to start off the album.  If TI would have rapped a little longer the rating would have been higher but after all it was the intro to the album.  Real nice production in this track and TI’s flow was definitely on point.

2. Big Shit Poppin 5/5
Real Dope track!  Mannie Fresh impresses as usual.  TI’s lyrics are very good, he had some real nice lines in this track.  His flow was just a tad repetitive in this track but overall no complaints from me, real nice track.

3. Raw  3.5/5
Not a bad track at all but it wasn’t very exciting to me.  The production was pretty boring, TI held his own on the track but overall I didn’t think this was a standout track or anything. 

4. You Know What It Is 4.5/5
Awesome track. I absolutely love the beat and TI’s delivery is great in this track.  I just love the whole vibe of this track.

5. Da Dopeman 4.5/5
Mannie delivers again with real slick production.  This whole track bumps! Again what stands out about TI in this track is his delivery, Im really feeling this track.

6. Watch What You Say To Me ft Jay-Z   2/5
So far my least favorite track on the album.  TI and Jay could of done so much better.  Jay’s verse was average and I didn’t really like TI in this track, he had a lot of energy which Jay didn’t but I still didn’t feel this track at all.  It sounded like a very uninspired track.

7. Hurt ft Alfa Mega & Busta Rhymes 4/5
Great energy in this track.  I might have rated it just a little lower but because of Busta is gets a solid 4/5 from me.  As usual Busta Rhymes ripped his verse apart, he sounded great!  Overall it’s a solid track with great energy.

8. Act II  3.5/5
I love beat, its obviously the same beat as Act 1 and Act 3 but I just think Just Blaze did a real good job with it.  The same thing as the opening track, if it was longer it would of gotten a little higher of a rating but I will take this over a skit any day.

9. Help Is Coming 4.5/5
Man this beat is awesome, again great production from Just Blaze.  TI was nice in this track, he flowed his ass off, this track really hits hard. Real nice effort with this one!

10.  My Swag  ft Wyclef Jean 4/5
I thought the production in this track was great, I absolutely loved the beat!  The only reason why I didn’t rate this higher is because I had trouble understanding what TI was saying a lot of the time.  I thought he mumbled to much during this track but overall it was still nice,    Wyclef did a great job with the beat.

11. We Do This    3/5
Not really feeling this track that much.  Its not bad or anything but Im just not in love with it.  It seemed kind of forced to me, I didn’t feel much chemistry with this track.  it’s a ok track just nothing special to me.

12. Show It To Me ft Nelly  3.5/5
This just isn’t my type of song, I thought the vibe in the track was cool but its just not something I would usually bump personally.  Nelly came off pretty good in the track though which was good to hear.  Not a bad track by any means but it just didn’t fit my style to much.

13. Don’t You Wanna Be High 3/5
Average track In my opinion.  Tracks like this are needed in a album now a days but this track is just to dumbed down for me to like it.  This isn’t the type of song I would listen to more than once.  Not really feeling the tracks produced by “The Runners” at all.

14. Touchdown ft Eminem  2/5
I didn’t think the beat was as bad as people made it out to be, it was simple and generic but it wasn’t that bad.  Eminem absolutely ruined this track though, he was absolutely horrible in my opinion.  His voice was so whiny and annoying it was hard to listen to.  So far my least two favorite tracks are the tracks with Jay and Eminem which is a huge disappointment, but I don’t expect anything more from EM as its obvious he has fallen off as hard as anyone in rap history.  Anyway real poor track and not cause TI but solely because of Eminem.

15. Act 3    Not Rated
This track was basically a skit so it gets no rating.

16. Tell Em’ I said that    4/5
Cool track, Im not familiar with Danja at all but he did a nice job handling the production with this track.  Not a standout track but definitely a solid track.

17.  Respect The Hustle  3.5/5
Solid track, again though a lot of the time I had a tough time understanding what TI was saying, I wish he would of rapper a little clearer in this track, again though Danja did a nice job with the production.

18. My Type 4/5
Nice way to end the album, pretty deep song,  I enjoyed the subject matter by TI in this track and the beat was nice as well. Again this was a good way to finish off the album.

Overall -  3.5/5

Not a bad album at all but nothing special in my opinion.  The worst tracks were the ones with EM and Jay which was disappointing.  The tracks produced by Mannie Fresh were bangers!  This album didn’t have many fillers but it only had 1 real standout track in my opinion so that was a problem for me.  TI is nice but he is a lot better than he showed on this album.  I didn’t think his lyrics were all that great, I feel like lyrically he is capable of a lot more.  Not a poor album at all but I think it could have been a lot better.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:49:16 PM by Spice 2k7 »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

WC Iz Active

Re: My opinions and Review for TI VS T.I.P.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 11:58:10 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=5.0

nahh, fuck that no one ever checks that section unfortenely so thats why I posted this here

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:09:52 AM »

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »
Very decent review Spice, i'm sure you don't mind if i add in my 2 cents :P

1. Act I - Similar to what Spice said, I wish T.I. rapped a bit longer, or used this beat for an actual track - 3/5

2. Big Shit Poppin - The beat is off the hook and T.I. comes correct for the most part!! - 4.75/5

3. Raw - Although the beat is simple, it works IMO, and I love T.I.'s swagger in this track (pure gangsta) - 4.25/5

4. You Know What It Is - I LOVE the beat, and T.I. is very decent on it - 4.75/5

5. Da Dopeman - AWESOME TRACK!! the beat is on point BIG TIME, and like Spice said T.I.'s delivery is un-fuckwithable on it!! - 5/5

6. Watch What You Say - So-So...Avg. beat, hook is annoying, T.I.'s 1st verse is WACK..but Jay's verse & T.I.'s 2nd verse save it from being an all-around disaster for me - 3/5

7. Hurt - BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!! Everything is just perfect..Danja came with a HEATER, T.I. does a nice job on the hook, his verse is fire, Busta is fire (ofcourse) and surprisingly I thought Alfa Mega held his own with these 2!! - 5/5

8. Act II - same case as act I - 3/5

9. Help Is Coming - Just Blaze laced T.I. with a banger for sure!! When T.I.'s flow is on point (this song being a PERFECT example) not many in the industry can keep up with him...also LOVE the subject matter and the cockyness of the song - 5/5

10. My Swag - Agian, Wyclef came with a very nice caribbean sounding beat!! I can see a video for this one on the beach and shit, and finally T.I. makes a song about what eveyrone says is the reason he's on top of the rap game!! - 3.75/5

11. We Do This - Typical club track..I'll be shocked if it's not released as a single...I'll admit it's cheesy, but it also gets me hyped up when listening to it - 3.25/5

12. Show It To Me - Beat is nice, accept i'm not sure why he got a really good gangsta rap producer to provide him with a club beat..anyways moving on, the song is all-around alright...Nelly was really nice on it, and even T.I. had some clever lines - 3.5/5

13. Don't You Wanna Be High - The most boring song on the album...The Production on it is just sooooo plain - 2.75/5

14. Touch Down - The beat isn't to bad, and T.I. comes alright (after a few listens I noticed his verse isn't that bad) but Eminem is just GOD AWFUL on it...He had 1 line I actually liked, and his voice was just "SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY" - 2.25/5

15. Act III - Not even a song really

16. Tell Em I Said That - The beat is great (different for sure) and the hook is the best T.I. provides on the entire album...This 1 takes me back to some old school underground T.I. - 4.25/5

17. Respect This Hustle - Has a cool concept with how T.I. & T.I.P. go head-2-head...Hook is a bit annoying, and beat is fire..T.I. comes decent with the verses - 3.5/5

18. My Type - Finally we get a meaningful song on the album...As Spice said, perfect way 2 end the album...Album would of been better if there were 1-2 more songs like this one - 4/5

Overall - 4.25/5

Most people that are complaining about the album say that no tracks really stand out 2 them, but me, I could bump Hurt, Da Dopeman, & Help Is Coming ALL DAY

A good album, with a wonderful concept that could of been executed a bit better...Big Shit Poppin & You Know What It Is sound out of place (for the most part) on the Tip side, and I don't see any sighting of Ti on Tell Em I Said That

Also a mistake in song cutting perhaps was made...I don't see why Don't You Wanna Be High was kept over a song with Ciara that
A) probably was better anyways
B) if it wasn't better, was more of a potential single anyways

Also, 2 songs with Nelly/Eminem that pretty much sound the same, when there was a track recorded with R.Kelly (for the Ti side) and actually had a mature topic

In the end yes the mistakes are few and far between, but are evident
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 04:35:26 PM »
this is how T.I's albums go for me
URBAN LEGEND > KING > TRAP MUZIK > T.I VS T.I.P

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 09:05:40 PM »
this is how T.I's albums go for me
URBAN LEGEND > KING > TRAP MUZIK > T.I VS T.I.P

WOW at trap muzik behind ANYTHING in his catalog :o

and your missing his "i'm serious" album ???

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:34:18 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=5.0

nahh, fuck that no one ever checks that section unfortunately so thats why I posted this here
Sad but true. This forum has been slipping (and no it doesn't have anything to do with dipcc).

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 11:15:45 PM »
do some of you guys think that TI is a bit overrated? 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
do some of you guys think that TI is a bit overrated? 

yes.  I think he is good and I like him but he is overated imo.  Wayne is wayyyy better than TI

AndrE16686

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:18:18 AM »

2. Big Shit Poppin 5/5
Real Dope track!  Mannie Fresh impresses as usual.  TI’s lyrics are very good, he had some real nice lines in this track.  His flow was just a tad repetitive in this track but overall no complaints from me, real nice track.

Dear God...this track..........utter piffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff  :banana_trippin:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:10:06 AM by The Overfiend »

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »
bout to go cop this 8)

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
bout to go cop this 8)

Luni, did you pick up the album at Target because there it comes with a DVD. It is about 4 bucks more for it (13.99) I am going to try and get over there tonight to pick it up.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »
T.I. vs T.I.P. official bonus tracks:

http://iisi2by628zkuuc1xv1.usercash.com

Artist: T.I.
Album: T.I. Vs. T.I.P.
Bitrate: 199kbps avg
Label: Grand Hustle/Atlantic
Genre: Rap
Size: 10.43 megs
Playtime: 0h 06min 56sec total
Rip date: 2007-07-03
Store date: 2007-07-03

Track List:
--------
01. The Hottest (Feat. Mac Boney)    3:35
02. Hustlin' (Feat. Governor)        3:21

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
bout to go cop this 8)

Luni, did you pick up the album at Target because there it comes with a DVD. It is about 4 bucks more for it (13.99) I am going to try and get over there tonight to pick it up.

god dammit, no i didn't lol...I bought it at the mall over here for 13.99..also mine didn't come with the 2 bonus tracks so i just d.l them...i know Khao prod. the hottest, but can u tell me who produced hustlin?

Also just out of curiosity, did you see alot of ppl there in L.A. copping it?