Author Topic: My opinions and Review for TI VS T.I.P.  (Read 662 times)

d-nice

Re: My opinions and Review for TI VS T.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 10:24:43 PM »
bout to go cop this 8)

Luni, did you pick up the album at Target because there it comes with a DVD. It is about 4 bucks more for it (13.99) I am going to try and get over there tonight to pick it up.

god dammit, no i didn't lol...I bought it at the mall over here for 13.99..also mine didn't come with the 2 bonus tracks so i just d.l them...i know Khao prod. the hottest, but can u tell me who produced hustlin?

Also just out of curiosity, did you see alot of ppl there in L.A. copping it?

I am in Vegas but I have not had a chance to cop it yet. It's too damn hot.  ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 10:36:15 PM »
bout to go cop this 8)

Luni, did you pick up the album at Target because there it comes with a DVD. It is about 4 bucks more for it (13.99) I am going to try and get over there tonight to pick it up.

god dammit, no i didn't lol...I bought it at the mall over here for 13.99..also mine didn't come with the 2 bonus tracks so i just d.l them...i know Khao prod. the hottest, but can u tell me who produced hustlin?

Also just out of curiosity, did you see alot of ppl there in L.A. copping it?

I am in Vegas but I have not had a chance to cop it yet. It's too damn hot.  ;D

lol thats right, i forgot u in vegas homie...also let me say that someone just told me (im now asking him on the validity of his statement) that by 5:00, in atlanta ONLY, at target stores ONLY, the album had already sold 50,000 copies

that's fuckin ridiculous :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »
I would not be surprised for Atlanta for it to sell like that. I try to pick up Special Editions of albums so I hope Target still has some out here. The one with Game was off the hook.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 11:25:21 PM »
I would not be surprised for Atlanta for it to sell like that. I try to pick up Special Editions of albums so I hope Target still has some out here. The one with Game was off the hook.

that's crazy still 50,000...We never carry the special editions over here :-\

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »

Yeah but the South supports they artists so the ATL is going to come out and support T.I. That and we are in July and not 1 album in hip hop has even gone gold this year. That is crazy. So hopefully he can do some good numbers.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 11:38:54 PM »

Yeah but the South supports they artists so the ATL is going to come out and support T.I. That and we are in July and not 1 album in hip hop has even gone gold this year. That is crazy. So hopefully he can do some good numbers.

oo yea, first artist to go gold (he should be at gold in 2-3 weeks MAX, if not the first)...it'll also be the first platinum cd released this year

pick that shit up homie and tell me what u think ;D

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »

oo yea, first artist to go gold (he should be at gold in 2-3 weeks MAX, if not the first)...it'll also be the first platinum cd released this year

pick that shit up homie and tell me what u think ;D

Yeah I was going to pick it up but it was like 110 degrees out here so once I got off of work, my ass was staying in the house  ;D

Naw I will hit up Target in the morning when it is cooler.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 12:09:17 AM »
so what does everyone think of my piffy review?

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »
so what does everyone think of my piffy review?

Props man, nice review.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 12:26:17 AM »
^^thx homie!!

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 09:43:41 AM »
^^thx homie!!

it is defanitely a good review

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 11:47:29 AM »
Im gonna drop my review soon, meanwhile here are some very short reviews of the LP, hes not getting any good reviews at all:

Village Voice
T.I. vs. T.I.P. makes for a confusing listen, which is a shame—fans would probably never have questioned who T.I. is until he started questioning himself.

Vibe
The Atlanta MC attempts the melodramatic, but to mostly underwhelming results.

Stylus Magazine
Skills most often attributed to premiere MC’s like deft wordplay, vivid storytelling, emotional resonance, salient talking points? These are few and far between on T.I. vs. T.I.P., even if the man remains an impressive technician who sounds at home on any beat you can give him

Billboard
The project just doesn't offer as many gems as "King," which pushed T.I. to new commercial heights

PopMatters
T.I. overshadows any work he has previously done by keeping his Southern hip-hop roots intact while putting just enough attention on the hooks that one could easily find half of these songs that paint T.I. vs. T.I.P’s canvas on your favorite Hot 100 radio station

Entertainment Weekly
It ain't Shakespeare, but the dual protagonists make for an intriguing bout.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
Im gonna drop my review soon, meanwhile here are some very short reviews of the LP, hes not getting any good reviews at all:

Village Voice
T.I. vs. T.I.P. makes for a confusing listen, which is a shame—fans would probably never have questioned who T.I. is until he started questioning himself.

Vibe
The Atlanta MC attempts the melodramatic, but to mostly underwhelming results.

Stylus Magazine
Skills most often attributed to premiere MC’s like deft wordplay, vivid storytelling, emotional resonance, salient talking points? These are few and far between on T.I. vs. T.I.P., even if the man remains an impressive technician who sounds at home on any beat you can give him

Billboard
The project just doesn't offer as many gems as "King," which pushed T.I. to new commercial heights

PopMatters
T.I. overshadows any work he has previously done by keeping his Southern hip-hop roots intact while putting just enough attention on the hooks that one could easily find half of these songs that paint T.I. vs. T.I.P’s canvas on your favorite Hot 100 radio station

Entertainment Weekly
It ain't Shakespeare, but the dual protagonists make for an intriguing bout.

lol that Ent. Weekly review ain't to bad (it gave it a "B" which is pretty good), also he got a good review on rapreviews.com (8/10), 3/5 on all music guide & hiphopdx, 3.5/5 on nappyafro.com, 8/10 in prefix magazine, 7/10 in popmatters, 4/5 in RealTalkNY (thats a surprise, a n.y. magazine) and also a 7/10 on Def Sounds

so some have been pretty good..I think this is an album that'll get better to the critics as time goes on..I originally thought the concept wasn't done very well, but after copping it, and reading the lyrics (which are placed in the book) and seeing the artwork and so on, it makes more sense, and seems to me that he did put a decent amount of effort into it...also for those who copped it, u can see that they did an amazing job packaging it together, 1 of the best albums i've ever bought when it comes to quality of the case & book.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
I still need to pick it up..Ima try to get it tomoro from Circuit city cuz it comes with a free shirt..

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
I still need to pick it up..Ima try to get it tomoro from Circuit city cuz it comes with a free shirt..

lol dope...i'm telling u, you gonna be amazed bout all the work that went into packaging this record...muthafuckas even used some special type of paper for the book 2 make it feel nice :laugh:

same with the case which is also made of some different material that most cd's ain't made with it, and it's a slideout cover as well