Author Topic: DJ Premier's Year Round Label Officially Launches With Album From NYG'z  (Read 138 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
DJ Premier's record label Year Round will finally launch, with a new album from New York rap group NYG'z titled Welcome to G-Dom, which will hit stores on September 12.

The album is the first in a series of projects that the legendary DJ Premier is planning to release on his Year Round imprint.

The 17-track release is one of two project's DJ Premier is producing for NYG'z, which features features Panchi and Shabeeno.

"NYG'z is bringin' the definition of a duo back to the front line of Hip-Hop," DJ Premier said in a statement. "Not only is it street, but they represent the true meaning of what it is to make a real album. Be on the lookout for NYG’z street album, Welcome To G-Dom, and my first all DJ Premier produced LP with the NYG’z, Pros & Cons. You heard the first Jeru The Damaga LP and the Group Home LP; need I say more?"

Welcome to the G-Dom features guest appearances from M.O.P.'s Lil' Fame, Royal Flush, Guru and others, while production on the album is handled by DJ Premier, Thorotracks and Emile.

"It's like feeding someone a new drug," Premier said of the approach the label will take to music. "As you keep on feedin' 'em, they're gonna want more and more. I'm definitely a pusher. I push music that you should be hearing. I have no choice but to be that way."

Welcome to G-Dom hits stores Sept. 12th.

A full tracklisting is below:

1.) Itz On f/Rave (produced by DJ Premier)

2.) 3 Man Weave f/Reef, Hustle & Mic Ock (produced by Emile)

3.) Laundry Kings f/St. Laz (produced by Books)

4.) Sufferin’ f/Rave & Lil Fame of M.O.P (produced by Emile)

5.) Get 2 Tha Point (produced by DJ Premier)

6.) G’z and Hustla’z f/Rave (produced by DJ Premier)

7.) Welcome To G-Dom f/Rave (produced by DJ Premier)

8.) What Kinda Life f/Raw (produced by Emile)

9.) Giantz Ta Thiz (produced by DJ Premier)

10.) What Yo Life Like f/Jahdan (produced by Biggest Gord)

11.) Bow Down f/Blaq Poet & Rave (produced by Books)

12.) Broken Dreams f/Amani & Versatile (produced by Thorotracks)

13.) Raps For U f/J Bucka & Harlem Fatz (produced by Harlem Fatz)

14.) Bulls Eye f/Royal Flush, Rave & J.U. Ice (produced by Thorotracks)

15.) Black Buddafly f/Rave (produced by Books)

16.) Strength f/Rave (produced by DJ Premier)

17.) Same Team No Games f/Guru & Hannibal Stax (produced by DJ Premier)

allhiphop.com

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Definately looking forward to this, especially for the CD fully produced by Premier.

NotoriousTDA

Its not fully produced by premier  ??? but yeah gunna pick this up for the premier production fo sheezey