Author Topic: 50 cuts off G-Unit Financially  (Read 889 times)

rik

Re: 50 cuts off G-Unit Financially
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »
hahahahahaha

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »
Banks set the bar for punchline emcees, he deserves to be in the limelight as well as anyone else in this rap game. It'll be a shame if he don't have that machine backing him anymore, same as Buck. I would hate to see them fall apart, these dudes rep my coast just about as good as anyone.

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 11:00:51 AM »
Banks set the bar for punchline emcees, he deserves to be in the limelight as well as anyone else in this rap game. It'll be a shame if he don't have that machine backing him anymore, same as Buck. I would hate to see them fall apart, these dudes rep my coast just about as good as anyone.

but banks last album was wack
and buck's was sick on first listen, but i don't find there's much replay value 2 it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »

but banks last album was wack
and buck's was sick on first listen, but i don't find there's much replay value 2 it

I loved the production on Buck the World, there's quite a few tracks I still bump. And yeah Banks last album was pretty garbo, still he had a few bangers on there and his lyrics were up to par. The production and lack of drive/direction are what made this album bad.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 12:49:14 PM »
Guess Im the only one that thinks Rotten Apple >>> Buck The World. Vintage eastcoast cd.

ABN

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »
^i like the production on Rotten Aple but Banks is boring. and Buck unlike Banks actually got something to say every now and then. Banks just raps about jibberish. and SOC is still the best album released on G-Unit Records. and that article Timbo posted just makes this whole shit look even funnier. 50´s basically telling the world that Yayo is his personal whore.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 02:59:56 PM »
Banks to me is boring as fuck...all his shit sounds the same to me. Buck is the only one in G-Unit with genuine talent besides 50 (50 just dont give a fuck anymore and doesnt try). You cant build a "franchise" or "dynasty" on half assed talent,I dont care who is backing you.

ABN

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
Banks to me is boring as fuck...all his shit sounds the same to me. Buck is the only one in G-Unit with genuine talent besides 50 (50 just dont give a fuck anymore and doesnt try). You cant build a "franchise" or "dynasty" on half assed talent,I dont care who is backing you.
ever heard of Master P? dude sold over 75 million records with half assed talent(other then BBTP,Mac and a few others). and that´s coz P had mastered the game, he knew exactly how to break wack artists without spending any money what so ever.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »
ever heard of Master P? dude sold over 75 million records with half assed talent(other then BBTP,Mac and a few others). and that´s coz P had mastered the game, he knew exactly how to break wack artists without spending any money what so ever.
true,but did any of them really sell like that independently? sure there was snoop for his short stay but he already had a massive fan base. Mystikal,Silkk etc. sold modestly just like Banks,Yayo but after P's buzz stopped they fell off the fuckin map. besides the game aint really like that anymore,people aint really tryna buy cd's of hanger-ons like they did back in the day. g-unit as a crew has all the advantages imaginable to sell themselves but they just cant back it up with talent imo.

ABN

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
^the first TRU album with C,Silkk and P almost went gold indie and numbers like that is what made him get a straight up distribution deal with Priority. and having a straight up distribution=gettin indie money on a major coz you make more then 70% of the sales with a P&D deal. Suge,Jay-Z,Puffy,50,Dre,Eazy-E etc haven´t had a deal like that which is why P and Bos are caked up like crazy even though they haven´t had a real hit record in 6 years. P&D are the deals the big artists got with Koch(B.G. had one,Jimmy got one etc).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 03:16:15 PM by Pissin' On The Throne »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
but they just cant back it up with talent imo.

I don't really think that's the problem. Banks writes some of the best punch lines in the game. Buck has a great presence, good flow. 50 knows the business like no other. The problem isn't talent but a combination of inspiration and over flooding the market. They screwed up right after Yayo's release. Too many new signee's, too many new faces in their videos, too much concentration on Mobb Deep and Olivia. They tried to do too much too quickly. Banks and Buck have a lot of talent, if you listen to their 2003/2004 stuff. And talent doesn't mean sales. Look at The Game, he doesn't have a lot of talent, he sold a lot. A lot of the southern artists sell millions, they aren't very talented.

It's all about the single, and the market. G-Unit released too much, over exposed themselves, and ruined all the hype with too much bs news. The singles lack originality and inspiration so they don't get a lot of play.

If G-Unit wants to be on top again, they have to kick out Spider, Mobb Deep, Hot Rod and everyone else. Keep MOP because they have a good chance of making a real good g-unit album. A group Banks, Buck and 50 album is the ONLY thing that'll save these guys.

And if 50 really did make 400 million on his vitamin water deal, why would he cut off his child hood friends? Seems like a bitch thing to do.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 04:22:43 PM »
but they just cant back it up with talent imo.

I don't really think that's the problem. Banks writes some of the best punch lines in the game. Buck has a great presence, good flow. 50 knows the business like no other. The problem isn't talent but a combination of inspiration and over flooding the market. They screwed up right after Yayo's release. Too many new signee's, too many new faces in their videos, too much concentration on Mobb Deep and Olivia. They tried to do too much too quickly. Banks and Buck have a lot of talent, if you listen to their 2003/2004 stuff. And talent doesn't mean sales. Look at The Game, he doesn't have a lot of talent, he sold a lot. A lot of the southern artists sell millions, they aren't very talented.

It's all about the single, and the market. G-Unit released too much, over exposed themselves, and ruined all the hype with too much bs news. The singles lack originality and inspiration so they don't get a lot of play.

If G-Unit wants to be on top again, they have to kick out Spider, Mobb Deep, Hot Rod and everyone else. Keep MOP because they have a good chance of making a real good g-unit album. A group Banks, Buck and 50 album is the ONLY thing that'll save these guys.

And if 50 really did make 400 million on his vitamin water deal, why would he cut off his child hood friends? Seems like a bitch thing to do.

Banks writes ill punch lines indeed, but that dude thought he could make a WACK album and sell anyways (don't know why the fuck he thought that, after gunit had been floppin alot, also i firmly believe banks knew this album was shit, he's 2 talented 2 think otherwise)

They screwed up WITH yayo's release, and everything since then (yayo is a great guest rapper, but his album was a terrible joke)

I agree too many signings

stop hating on game cause of his beef with gunit, calling him a wack rapper is midly retarded

and no, southern artists don't sell as much as most ppl think...3 of them went platinum last year only, and 2 of them are amazing rappers (T.I. & Luda)

Yes, the singles did lack inspiration and especially originality (cough banks' hands up cough)

Kick all those dudes u mentioned, including MOP...they won't drop an album on gunit, and if so it'll flop worse than any gunit album ever, because those guys are 2 street 2 make a pop record, and if they do they'll flop just like mobb deep did

Im down for a gunit group album

50 didn't make 400 mill that's bullshit

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »
Thats another problem with GUnit, everybodys only talking about if they have a hit or how much they sell.

Banks album flopped hard and thats what everybody talked about, not even about the music but to me it was a great album and I couldnt care less about the sales.

They did brought it on themselves, with all the sales talk. Altough with the run they had from 03 to 05 who could blame them ?

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 04:37:58 PM »
Thats another problem with GUnit, everybodys only talking about if they have a hit or how much they sell.

Banks album flopped hard and thats what everybody talked about, not even about the music but to me it was a great album and I couldnt care less about the sales.

They did brought it on themselves, with all the sales talk. Altough with the run they had from 03 to 05 who could blame them ?

I can care less about the sales of banks album, i downloaded it long before the sales where out, and was shocked by how wack it was..that album doesn't touch "the hunger for more" in any way at all..i can put that album in, and bump it front 2 back, no word of a lie...but on rotten apple i can only bump help, addicted to it (mostly cause the beat & rakim sample), ny ny, iceman (cause the beat & hook) and gilmores - the only track where i find banks is really spitting like he was on the gunit group cd & hunger for more)...the cake is iight as well

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 04:41:50 PM »
Its the other way around for me, H4M was wack, except 2,3 tracks. That cd was too universal, tried to please every audience. With this, the whole cd, minus Hands Up, had that dark, grimey vibe. Didnt like 1 or 2 tracks.