Author Topic: Doesn't Quik's "Under Tha Influence" Album Get A Lot Of Hate??  (Read 670 times)

Chief

Re: Doesn't Quik's "Under Tha Influence" Album Get A Lot Of Hate??
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 07:10:15 AM »
it's a dope record but inconsistent.

Mygla

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 07:23:19 AM »
It is by far Quik's worst album... it's not a horrible, shitty album, but compared to all his other releases, it's ass  :P

Put It On Me is one of the most disapointing songs ever, and the original 50 Ways shits all over the released version... The original is actually one of my favourite Quik songs..

Paul

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 07:31:41 AM »
not close to my favourite quik album but still a solid cut, 1 on one and sex crymee are my favourite tracks as they are very different sounding, kinda like tht

the album is nowhere near the level of rhythm al ism or safe and sound but

like someone said put it on me is one of the most dissapointing tracks of all time, dre and quik should hav made a masterpiece
funkyfreshintheflesh

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »
Easily Quiks worst album and effort to date....It's boring, has no replay value, poorly mastered, production is subpar, guest apperances are easily forgettable and an overall dissapointment....There are like maybe 3 traccs off the album that are decent...I forget I even own this frisbee

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »
this cd is fuckin dope! Fav Song is "Oh well"

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 11:32:44 AM »
I damn near forget about this album, to be honest. I listened to it a lot when it dropped, but I guess it doesn't stand out to where I ever think about playin it now. It definitely wasn't trash...but I'd say it's one of his worst two records. I would probably give it a 7.5/10, which is better than many artist's best albums...but for Quik being the best rapper + producer that the West has probably ever seen, it just wasn't hittin like that.

I think the main problem is that there weren't many standout tracks that really catch you. Trouble was dope, but even that song was never a 100% certified classic to me. Most of his albums have 1-2 singles that are automatic classics, then 2-3 album cuts that shit on everything out in rap....such as "Thinkin bout you" from Rhythmalism. This album had many solid songs, and only 1-2 I would skip....but it just wasn't as memorable as the rest.

And I just realized it's been out for over five years now...I think it dropped June 4, 2002.

rik

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
And I just realized it's been out for over five years now...I think it dropped June 4, 2002.

Yeah...I remember coppin' it at the "Discount Price Land" when it was still open.

Matter of fact, I'm gonna listen to it right now.

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 11:44:18 AM »
I damn near forget about this album, to be honest. I listened to it a lot when it dropped, but I guess it doesn't stand out to where I ever think about playin it now. It definitely wasn't trash...but I'd say it's one of his worst two records. I would probably give it a 7.5/10, which is better than many artist's best albums...but for Quik being the best rapper + producer that the West has probably ever seen, it just wasn't hittin like that.

I think the main problem is that there weren't many standout tracks that really catch you. Trouble was dope, but even that song was never a 100% certified classic to me. Most of his albums have 1-2 singles that are automatic classics, then 2-3 album cuts that shit on everything out in rap....such as "Thinkin bout you" from Rhythmalism. This album had many solid songs, and only 1-2 I would skip....but it just wasn't as memorable as the rest.

Yeah I would agree with that.When you compare it to the rest of Quik's catalouge there are not alot of classics or dope cuts. Put It On Me was cool but like someone said earlier, I expected alot out of the collabo and it ended up just being more of a Dre song with Quik on it. But basically it was a solid album, nothing really sticks out about it on a classic or bad tip when I listen to it. I take alot into consideration Mausberg death maybe being the reason why it seems Quik did not drop that classic album. Kind of like when people say Tha Doggfather is weak when Snoop was going through all that with the murder case. People deal with death and life issues differently and I'm sure Quik was not in the same mindstate musically for UTI as he was for his other albums.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 12:06:23 PM by D~Nice »

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:26 PM »
damn y'all is trippin, this is a dope album
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
It's a dope album, just not my favorite.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »
It's a dope album, just not my favorite.

understandable

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 01:14:31 PM »
My least favorite Quik album, and I'm not really big fan of his to begin with.  :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »
My least favorite Quik album, and I'm not really big fan of his to begin with.  :-\

wow..I love quik, and my least fav. album BY FAR is balance & options

Paul

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »

wow..I love quik, and my least fav. album BY FAR is balance & options

WOW, balance and options!

why is tht, cant think of any skippable tracks other thn maybe 2
funkyfreshintheflesh

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »
Dope ass album, but definitely not my favorite from Quik.  I'ts still consistent all the way through, but it doesn't stand in the same league as Rhythm-al-ism, Safe and Sound, or Balance and Options IMO.  It's interesting to see your perspective on Quik's shit Lunatic, because you're just listening to all of them for the first time now.  Most of us have been listening to them when they dropped, and they've grown on us over the years, and anticipation before the record dropped may have affected the way we think about them.  For you, it's a fresh perspective.  But yeah, "Get Loaded" is my favorite track on that CD, I bump that regularly still.