Author Topic: Akon, Snoop Help Tell Banner's New 'Story'  (Read 84 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Akon, Snoop Help Tell Banner's New 'Story'
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:34:39 AM »
Rapper David Banner will return this fall with his next album, "Greatest Story Ever Told." Due Oct. 9 via Universal Motown/SRC, the set is led by the single "Speaker" featuring Akon, Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg.

The new album also features contributions from Chris Brown, Jim Jones, UGK, Cool & Dre and Nitti, among others.

"I have a tendency to want to change music," Banner previously told Billboard.com about his new music. "But I realized that people just want hits. The ladies want a 'Play,' I made a 'Cadillac on 22's,' and I made a few 'Like a Pimp' records. I did a rock song that's probably going to get me hung. Let's just say the record was written three years ago -- it's just truthful."

"2006 was the worst year of my life," he added. "2007 has been the best year of my life. I've learned to say no and not take on everyone's problems. My father had brain and lung cancer, and I had high blood pressure because I was working 18-hour days. You have to value the person you are."

Banner is about to hit the road as part of the Rock the Bells tour, which begins tomorrow (July 26) in Mansfield, Mass.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Lunatic

Re: Akon, Snoop Help Tell Banner's New 'Story'
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
banner is dope, i'll peep the new album 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com