Author Topic: trailer of Trae´s upcoming album dvd  (Read 198 times)

ABN

trailer of Trae´s upcoming album dvd
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:57:39 PM »
In Stores September 25 , that Nirvana joint with Trae goes hard. hopefully he´ll release it on a mixtape or something
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MScTmO8dvg0

Lil D

Re: trailer of Trae´s upcoming album dvd
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 02:56:49 PM »
yeah man saw it a couple of weeks ago, i got that nirvana joint with trae, if ya want it ill upload

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 03:03:22 PM »
Looking forward to this Trae is dope as fuck
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 03:07:27 PM »
yeah man saw it a couple of weeks ago, i got that nirvana joint with trae, if ya want it ill upload
can u up this?

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:17:10 PM »
Trae is one of the sickest rappers I ever heard.

ABN

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 03:26:18 PM »
upload that shit, and here´s a short review of Life Goes On from Vibe

VIBE previews Houston rapper Trae's next album, out late July.

If you've been anywhere near a radio lately, chances are you're already familiar with "Screwed Up," the blistering new single from Houston icon Trae and NOLA stunna Lil' Wayne. Trae recently welcomed VIBE into his home studio, a room wallpapered with approximately five Scarface posters, a couple Godfather posters and one Goodfellas poster. Among his G'd up decor, the rapper gave VIBE a whiff of the emotionally raw album he calls "another classic" - Life Goes On, slated for a late July release.

Trae conceded that Life Goes On is heavy on features, but stressed that he's not worried about being eclipsed by his guests. "I know I won't get outshined on my own song," says the GMaab chief. Noticeably absent on the album is Trae's well-known cousin and favorite collaborator Z-Ro, who is currently imprisoned in Beaumont, Texas for possession of a controlled substance. Trae says that since "Ro is still locked up" it was impossible for them to team up on new material - though Z-Ro is up for release July 9, 2007.

FEATURED TRACKS
"Give My Last Breath": This is a heartfelt tribute to Trae's friend and idolized H-town rapper Big Hawk, who was murdered on May 1, 2006. Trae reflects on receiving the bad news, rhyming, "Sometimes, I wish I would've never got the call." Like most tracks on Life Goes On, it contains chopped-in vocal samples and a thunderous bassline.

"A Million Bucks": Even though Trae's myspace page still says "Free Jay'Ton," you can find him here ripping a verse alongside his big brother. It's a braggart track with a hard-hitting beat.
"Gangsta Gangsta": Over a cinematic backdrop, Trae takes his enemies to work. The vocal bit "I'm a gangsta/They don't make these on the block" (sampled from last year's "Real Talk") forms the crux of the chorus.

"Against All Odds" (f. 2Pac): Posthumous 2Pac collaborations are nothing new, but this one sounds like both rappers were in the same room for the event. However, Trae says he never had the opportunity to meet 'Pac while he was still walking the earth. Something about Shakur rapping about "busting on Giuliani" makes this sound so timely.

"Probably Gettin' High": "Probably Gettin' High" sounds like a cliched ode to buddha bless... well, that's until you hear Trae's take on getting blazed. He maintains that he's a non-smoker. So, what's the point of the song? Well, if life became too stressful, he would probably turn to banned substance as a last resort.

"Smile": Slightly different from the version that leaked online several months ago, "Smile" now features a third verse from Jadakiss. It's one of the most outstanding songs on the album.

"Ghetto Queen": With its mellow piano riffs and mid-tempo production, "Ghetto Queen" is clearly a potential single. It features R&B singer Lloyd and rapper Rich Boy.

"Truth": Trae's adrenaline flow is prominently featured here. After spewing over 100 bars, he feigns breathlessness and fades out the track abruptly.

One of the songs that may or may not make the final cut is a fun, fast, and feisty track tentatively titled "Rock-N-Roll." College rap nerds are going to love the fact that Trae is rapping over Nirvana's "It Smells Like Teen Spirit," but with cross-genre sample clearance protocols now more stringent than ever, there's little hope it will see the light of day.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38:18 PM »
Can't wait for Trae, I loved Restless. Not many albums have grabbed my attention like that in years.

Paul

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 07:14:24 AM »
he flows well over the beat

tht dvd looks crazy :o
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lil D

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »
Trae ft.Nirvana - Rockstar
http://www.speedyshare.com/330827710.html

Trae ft.Styles P & Jadakiss - Smile
http://www.speedyshare.com/818883130.html

ABN

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »
that Smile joints goes hard too, i´d upload the OG version if i had my other HD installed but i don´t.

Lil D

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »
Trae ft.Lil Wayne - Screwed Up (1st Single)
http://www.speedyshare.com/877389213.html

Btw, that smile joint indeed is sick but isnt his beat, its a Messy Marv & San Quinn beat also called smile, ill up it if yall want

ABN

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
^dunno what´s up with it coz Trae got this joint cleared officially for his album.

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 10:01:02 AM »
Never paid attention to Trae music .. Pissin on the Throne, you seem to have a very good knowledge of his music; what albums/tracks should I listen to ?

ABN

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 10:15:39 AM »
Never paid attention to Trae music .. Pissin on the Throne, you seem to have a very good knowledge of his music; what albums/tracks should I listen to ?
download Same Thing Different Day coz that´s Trae´s most complete album. but don´t download it if you´re big on happy music/club music coz that´s not what you´re gonna get. but download the first disc of STDD coz there´s 3 discs(2 slowed down & 1 regular). and if you like that album then go ahead and download Losing Composure and Restless. and you can also download Guerilla Maab´s albums Resurrected,Year of The Underdawgz(double album),Rise and 3D2 In The Mist Of Guerillas. and S.L.A.B.(Trae´s little brother Jayton,his cousins Boss & Lil B)got an official album out called The Anthem which features Z-Ro,Bun B,Hawk etc. and Trae´s released a bunch of mixtapes which are all banging but Later Days is the standout one. and Trae & Ro released an excellent Assholes By Nature mixtape album which you should download if you like what you´re hearin. but Same Thing Different Days is one of the best southern hip hop albums to have dropped in the 2000´s if you like real heartfelt street shit. and the standout tracks on STDD are Screwed Up Click,In The Ghetto,Same Thing Different Day,I´ve Been Hustling,Till The Day I Drop,Time After Time,Let Me Live,But What About Today & Don´t Need Y´all.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:17:50 AM by Pissin' On The Throne »

ABN

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
and here´s 2 videos to give you a little taste of STDD
Don´t Need Y´all
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E8lyab7SU10
Let Me Live feat Z-Ro & Shyna
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aBuO5_I6hmE