Author Topic: Exclusive: Westurn Union - "Cali Grown" (Prod. by Soopafly) [Audio]  (Read 1410 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Exclusive: Westurn Union - "Cali Grown" (Prod. by Soopafly) [Audio]
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 12:53:09 AM »
tiight shit!!! is it possible to have a non-tagged version? that song is tha shit!!! Westurn Union is a really tight group! sumthin fresh from the west!!

Haha you don't like the tag? Hit me on msn.

Okka

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 02:07:09 AM »
Props

IzUwitIt

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 04:02:26 AM »
good looks again Mr. Nemo :D

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 05:01:41 AM »
daaaaaaaam I've had this shit on repeat all day the chorus is so dam doooope.

Props nima and the tags made this shit doper haha

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Paul

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 07:21:34 AM »
hot track, again soopafly doesnt dissapoint, bad lucc and damani come correct too

if soopa's doin the main bulk of production its gonna be a bangin album 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 07:45:55 AM »
hot track, again soopafly doesnt dissapoint, bad lucc and damani come correct too

if soopa's doin the main bulk of production its gonna be a bangin album 8)

And their sound is all their own. It is so unique. All 3 mcs have different styles but the chemistry is crazy with them.

Matty

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
great! 8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 08:13:12 AM »
Yeah the song is smashing!!!

Avalanche

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:47 AM »
tiight shit!!! is it possible to have a non-tagged version? that song is tha shit!!! Westurn Union is a really tight group! sumthin fresh from the west!!

Haha you don't like the tag? Hit me on msn.

i dont have msn =/

Quadruple OG

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »

It should be a crime that Soopafly doesn't have an album out on a major, because he sounds as fresh as he did in '96 on Tha Doggfather.

We all know who is responsible for holding his career back for the past 11 years and its' a shame Soopafly's brainwashed into sticking with him.

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 04:08:36 PM »

It should be a crime that Soopafly doesn't have an album out on a major, because he sounds as fresh as he did in '96 on Tha Doggfather.

We all know who is responsible for holding his career back for the past 11 years and its' a shame Soopafly's brainwashed into sticking with him.
Let me ask you a question. If u dont mind............... How could a man who doesnt own a major label nor is n a position @ any label, indie or major, other than his own, hold another man bacc on his career? Especially since that man is not signed to whom u speak of. Hmmmm! Lets think about that 4 a minute! No disrespect but if all u have is speculation and no facts, which I do of course, dont speak on what u dont know. It only makes us, um you, look ignorant. Soopafly, outside of producing has a lot going on. Hes Snoop Doggs "Musical Director". That means Fly puts 2gether all of his shows. An album isnt put out without Soopafly having input on what goes on there. What music is performed at EVERY SINGLE SHOW, getting the band 2gether, help with teaching the set for each show. And at the same time being they hype man for the most famous rapper in the world. They're doing shows for the majority of the year for the last 13 years. In and out of the country. Hes made/making more money a show than youve seen on your last 10 paycheccs. Have u considered the fact that he might not have wanted to drop albums like u wouldve liked? And so I ask, How many albums could u put out with all that u got going on in your life? Since u have all the answers!!!!!!!!! And trust, I mean no disrespect. Its just your being disrespectful to my patna so I must have a say.......... But thanks for your input, "Reality Checc"(how ironic).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:10:08 PM by Lucc »

Blu Lacez

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 04:24:48 PM »

Let me ask you a question. If u dont mind............... How could a man who doesnt own a major label nor is n a position @ any label, indie or major, other than his own, hold another man bacc on his career? Especially since that man is not signed to whom u speak of. Hmmmm! Lets think about that 4 a minute! No disrespect but if all u have is speculation and no facts, which I do of course, dont speak on what u dont know. It only makes us, um you, look ignorant. Soopafly, outside of producing has a lot going on. Hes Snoop Doggs "Musical Director". That means Fly puts 2gether all of his shows. An album isnt put out without Soopafly having input on what goes on there. What music is performed at EVERY SINGLE SHOW, getting the band 2gether, help with teaching the set for each show. And at the same time being they hype man for the most famous rapper in the world. They're doing shows for the majority of the year for the last 13 years. In and out of the country. Hes made/making more money a show than youve seen on your last 10 paycheccs. Have u considered the fact that he might not have wanted to drop albums like u wouldve liked? And so I ask, How many albums could u put out with all that u got going on in your life? Since u have all the answers!!!!!!!!! And trust, I mean no disrespect. Its just your being disrespectful to my patna so I must have a say.......... But thanks for your input, "Reality Checc"(how ironic).

^^
Damn, Lucc..Ya beat me to it!!1
Was Gon explain some stuff to Dude righ there, but you seem to have put it nicely!!!

I'll be honest sometimes we fans don't really know what is happenin behind the scenes!!
But for you to come over and shed sum light on this controversial topis is very forthcoming man!!

Snoop & Soopafly sounds Good, be in studio wise, or out on stage!!

maudizzle

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »

Ouch.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwn3d :D

Quadruple OG

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 05:56:58 PM »

I'd have to see it to believe it in regards to Soopafly having any input on a Snoop Dogg album.  Maybe with Tha Doggfather or Top Dogg, but you can't honestly expect casual fans and Snoop groupies to possibly believe that Soopafly has THAT much input in everything that Snoop has released since Tha Last Meal (the most influence he might have had on an album may have been with TBC but Snoop was trying to win back some fans with that album).

It's a shame that he'd rather follow the footsteps of Memphis Bleek and Tony Yayo and live off another man than be his own man.  It's not like Soopafly is trash on the mic or behind the boards.  He could have had a great career following Retaliation Revenge & Get Back and the success of "Bacc 2 LA" and "Like it or not" if he had done his own thing and produce for other artists.  But if what you're saying is correct, he chose to play second fiddle to Snoop.  If that what floats his boat, more power to him but IMO Soopafly's career is more full of "what ifs" and "should haves" than what he's actually done, which as I've said dozens of times on this forum, is unfortunate considering his talent.

Forgot to answer Bad Lucc's question

How could a man who doesnt own a major label nor is n a position @ any label, indie or major, other than his own, hold another man bacc on his career?

Snoop got Doggy's Angels a record deal and actually released an album from them.  If he can put out a group that no one cared about and put all that effort and promotion into an album that flopped commercially, and with the influence Snoop supposedly has in the industry, don't you think it's a little odd that he couldn't do the same thing for someone that's been by his side since '94?  And don't you think it's a little odd that he would promote Kurupt, whom a year a half ago was saying "Fuck Snoop Dogg, Fuck Daz, and Fuck Soopafly", and not hype up someone that stuck by his side through that bullshit?

Like I said, if Soopafly doesn't want the spotlight and doesn't want the recognition and prefers to stay in the shadows, then I take back what I said, but the guy, and you have to agree with me on this, is WAY TOO TALENTED to be an afterthought in West Coast Rap like he is now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 06:07:53 PM by Reality Check »

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »

I'd have to see it to believe it in regards to Soopafly having any input on a Snoop Dogg album.  Maybe with Tha Doggfather or Top Dogg, but you can't honestly expect casual fans and Snoop groupies to possibly believe that Soopafly has THAT much input in everything that Snoop has released since Tha Last Meal (the most influence he might have had on an album may have been with TBC but Snoop was trying to win back some fans with that album).

It's a shame that he'd rather follow the footsteps of Memphis Bleek and Tony Yayo and live off another man than be his own man.  It's not like Soopafly is trash on the mic or behind the boards.  He could have had a great career following Retaliation Revenge & Get Back and the success of "Bacc 2 LA" and "Like it or not" if he had done his own thing and produce for other artists.  But if what you're saying is correct, he chose to play second fiddle to Snoop.  If that what floats his boat, more power to him but IMO Soopafly's career is more full of "what ifs" and "should haves" than what he's actually done, which as I've said dozens of times on this forum, is unfortunate considering his talent.

Forgot to answer Bad Lucc's question

How could a man who doesnt own a major label nor is n a position @ any label, indie or major, other than his own, hold another man bacc on his career?

Snoop got Doggy's Angels a record deal and actually released an album from them.  If he can put out a group that no one cared about and put all that effort and promotion into an album that flopped commercially, and with the influence Snoop supposedly has in the industry, don't you think it's a little odd that he couldn't do the same thing for someone that's been by his side since '94?  And don't you think it's a little odd that he would promote Kurupt, whom a year a half ago was saying "Fuck Snoop Dogg, Fuck Daz, and Fuck Soopafly", and not hype up someone that stuck by his side through that bullshit?

Like I said, if Soopafly doesn't want the spotlight and doesn't want the recognition and prefers to stay in the shadows, then I take back what I said, but the guy, and you have to agree with me on this, is WAY TOO TALENTED to be an afterthought in West Coast Rap like he is now.
Your speaking of opinion and Im telling u facts that Ive heard from the mans mouth. I fuccs with him on a daily basis and your telling me what u think he wants to do. How crazy does that seem 2 u? It does not benefit me nor Fly to go thru this with you. Im only doing this becuz its always a fan that knows the plans and career of a artist that they dont even know. Im telling u that NO LABEL, and I mean NO LABEL IN THE WORLD will give Snoop whatever he wants just becuz he's Snoop. Jews run rap, not the other way around. Snoop doesnt have a history of selling major outside of him. Dogg Pound first album and Streets is a Mutha, is the exception. Dogg pound has a fan base already. Hence, the reason why the keep coming out. Same 4 Kurupt. And thats Daz behind that(DPG) with some help from Snoop. Why would I give u millions of dollars to put n2 a project that im not sure is even gonna go gold? Snoop sales are set. His fans are 4ever. This is the worst period in rap ever as far as sells. What makes u think that Snoop is the blame for these cats? And u say I dont think Fly has that much 2 do with Doggs projects. Only TBC. Why am I talking if u dont believe what im telling u is a fact? Fly is a grown man. Your making him out to be some punk ass nigga or something. That man is rich! He's been around the world more than 6,7 times. He has a beautiful wife and kids. He makes some of the best music ever in rap history. Hes one of the few people on earth who actually does what he wants to do as far as a career. What makes u think hes so worried about being famous? What do u think Westurn Union is for? We're all solo artist. If and when this takes off, dont u think that'll be the perfect set up for Fly in music, worldwide. Stop thinking West. The only demand out West right now is DRE, GAME, CUBE, E-40, and Snoop Dogg. Thats why u create a demand. Thats what we're doing. You cats are so stucc in the past. The time is now. Westurn Union is what it is. Fly's coming. Trust me. Ive heard it! If your so worried about Fly's career as a rapper, push and promote the group. Im gonna have Fly hit ya'll up since u just dont believe me. The crazy part is, is even after he tells u what it is, your still gonna think what u think. When will we ever get it?!?!?!

And most of the world hasnt even heard the albums u brought up earlier. Dont get me wrong Daz album was a smash here and was stupid hard but what about the world? And I mean, the streets poppin. I dont know a bitch that has the album. Do u? Whats a success 2 u? Get out of the West and lets get the world poppin. And since u say the Dogg Pound flopped, who has a bigger fan base than Fly, what do u think Fly would have done? This being hate the West Era! R U Fuccin serious?!?!?! Fly has to be set-up. This is the perfect set-up. U get the raps and him doin damn near all the beats. Yall still stucc on the past! Its like niggas getting mad cuz Detox aint came out yet. So the fucc what. Its coming. If u a real fan, fuccin wait. When it comes out your gonna get it like everyone else.................
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 02:07:06 PM by Lucc »