Author Topic: 50 Cent And Tony Yayo diss the fuck outta Ghostface records  (Read 1011 times)

Elevz

Re: 50 Cent And Tony Yayo diss the fuck outta Ghostface records
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 02:30:43 AM »
For the person that wanend to know how much Supreme Clientele sold, the answer is 700,000+

his last album wasnt supreme, was fishscale, it went gold or close to it and was one best released in 2006. shit supreme clientele is one of my favorite albums, i can't believe it was not ghost who wrote it, yayo is just talkin shit as usual.

Have we all forgotten how Ghostface released two full-length studio albums last year? Fishscale in March, and More Fish in December? Promotion was just about none and the sales were likewise, but still, it's really Ghost's sixth official studio album. Selling about 36,000 copies in its first week, you may definately consider that weak.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »
For the person that wanend to know how much Supreme Clientele sold, the answer is 700,000+

his last album wasnt supreme, was fishscale, it went gold or close to it and was one best released in 2006. shit supreme clientele is one of my favorite albums, i can't believe it was not ghost who wrote it, yayo is just talkin shit as usual.

Have we all forgotten how Ghostface released two full-length studio albums last year? Fishscale in March, and More Fish in December? Promotion was just about none and the sales were likewise, but still, it's really Ghost's sixth official studio album. Selling about 36,000 copies in its first week, you may definately consider that weak.

Hmmm.....weak indeed. But maybe the promotion thing is truely what's holding him back?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »
On a side note, I really gotta nominate 1980DRE for best sig at the moment.

Somethin about a sexy-ass girl in a LA hat gets me everytime lol.

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 01:30:37 AM »

Hmmm.....weak indeed. But maybe the promotion thing is truely what's holding him back?

Well, that's evident, because the quality wasn't less than any other album. It's really odd how he did have a buzz before he dropped Fishscale, but most people weren't even aware that he was dropping More Fish so soon after. Ghost still has a respectable fanbase, so I find it hard to imagine this is to blame on anything but weak promotion. Still, what it does prove is that Ghost's name alone isn't enough to sell that easily.

You can point back at the statement 50 and Yayo made about him not being relevant because he doesn't sell like that... Thing is, perhaps the whole audience Ghost aims for shrunk that much. What's left of it is a dedicated audience, but it's nothing compared to the masses 50 moves. At the same time, without having his audience properly exposed to him in the media, 50 wouldn't go multi platinum either. That's pretty much case closed: rappers need the exposure to sell. Ghost didn't get the exposure he needed; naturally his decent album didn't sell at all.

Lazar

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 06:29:05 AM »
50 and gayo are dumbass punks

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »
supurb saying he wrote supreme clientele

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2668886f36947a/

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »
On a side note, I really gotta nominate 1980DRE for best sig at the moment.

Somethin about a sexy-ass girl in a LA hat gets me everytime lol.
lol...... she's my girlfriend, but she don't know it yet.....

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »
50 has a new record coming....he's gotta diss someone.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »

But maybe he's trying to make a different kind of record?
What, the kind people don't buy?

LMAO.....

I don't really like 50 Cent or Yayo's music that much, but they really do have a point.

Ghostface ain't been relavent to anyone in the industry in quite sometime.

uhhh... haven't you heard of Fishscale?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 05:15:30 PM »

But maybe he's trying to make a different kind of record?
What, the kind people don't buy?

LMAO.....

I don't really like 50 Cent or Yayo's music that much, but they really do have a point.

Ghostface ain't been relavent to anyone in the industry in quite sometime.

uhhh... haven't you heard of Fishscale?
C'mon bro....u gotta read the rest of the replies in this thread before u ask that  ;)

Frenzy

• AKA Soundwave
  • Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
I've never been a Ghostface fan.....

No one that I know is ever buzzing about a Ghostface record (and we don't have the radios tuned in either, so it's not cuz he doesn't appeal to "most mainstream")..........

Does anyone have any update as to what Ghostface's last album sold?

It's been out for quite sometime now, so if he went Gold I'll take back the comment about him "not be relavent".

As poor as most artist's sales are doing these days, gold really = platnium now, so unless he did gold I really don't see him as having an impact on anyone but the "hip-hop heads" who never stopped claiming "hip-hop is dead" ever since they picked up Nas' latest release.

Then again.............I'm on the westcoast & that could be a specific reason why I never hear any kind of buzz about him around here.

Someone PLEASE prove me wrong about the nature of Ghostface in the hip-hop game today, because I don't like going against the majority too often, but this is just what I'm feeling right now.

So what your saying is going Gold or better yet Platinum = being relevent in music

When 50 drops classics like Fishscale and More Fish make sure to let me know but I think he may be too busy releasing 28 whack ass singles before his album hits the shelf.     

Somehow I bet you got G Unit pillow cases....
(Just click)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »
I've never been a Ghostface fan.....

No one that I know is ever buzzing about a Ghostface record (and we don't have the radios tuned in either, so it's not cuz he doesn't appeal to "most mainstream")..........

Does anyone have any update as to what Ghostface's last album sold?

It's been out for quite sometime now, so if he went Gold I'll take back the comment about him "not be relavent".

As poor as most artist's sales are doing these days, gold really = platnium now, so unless he did gold I really don't see him as having an impact on anyone but the "hip-hop heads" who never stopped claiming "hip-hop is dead" ever since they picked up Nas' latest release.

Then again.............I'm on the westcoast & that could be a specific reason why I never hear any kind of buzz about him around here.

Someone PLEASE prove me wrong about the nature of Ghostface in the hip-hop game today, because I don't like going against the majority too often, but this is just what I'm feeling right now.

So what your saying is going Gold or better yet Platinum = being relevent in music

When 50 drops classics like Fishscale and More Fish make sure to let me know but I think he may be too busy releasing 28 whack ass singles before his album hits the shelf.     

Somehow I bet you got G Unit pillow cases....
As with the previous poster, go through the rest of the thread, not just my initial post......educate yourself about the reasons regarding my statement, and don't hurt yourself.

The other Ghostface fans understand where I'm coming from & have shown the level of their maturity by hearing what I had to say, and discussing it with me instead of coming at me like an illiterate dick that's just waiting to get embarassed. I'm sure if you had bothered to take the minute & a half to read through this thread in it's entirety, you would understand as well.

Now........please continue this discussion  ;)