Author Topic: The Martin Luther King that the mainstream don't show you  (Read 827 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: The Martin Luther King that the mainstream don't show you
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 03:58:13 AM »
Only thing I've got to say is that whoever put Tupac's beat on there is a fucking idiot.  You've got an idealistic reverend who preached nothing but peace and love his entire life juxtaposed over the music of a faker who one moment would talk about rising above poverty and the next minute would do anything from rape somebody to shoot at someone to sell drugs or talk about murdering his best friend.  To even insinuate that Tupac and Dr. King had anything other than their race in common is laughable.   

I respected Pac more than King actually... It was white people who put King on the pedestal like that, blacks loved him, but I think we get more riled up by people such as Malcolm X and the Panthers. King didn't have a plan, he just wanted equality with white people and take it from there, but there will never be full equality so revolutionary warfare and a shift of power is the only solution.
Blacks are still only 15% of the country

That's all it takes compadre, study history..

thats all it takes to what? Revolutions are carried out by the majority. Seperatist may be a minority, but the black community is too seperated in their own rights to have a movement like that. Even in the 60's when they had great leaders, no one could decide who to follow, Malcolm in the north, or MLK in the south. MLK had the Southern Baptist, Malcolm was converting people into Muslim, that right there seperated the masses of black people. A movement like that could not work in a country as large as the US.

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 04:05:42 AM »
What 'Pac was is a reflection of reality. He was a product more that he was anything else, and he was well aware of it. He would have been very dangerous had me matured. Remember, at 25, when 'Pac died, MALCOLM WAS A PIMP. He was a criminal, and 'Pac was headed down the same path.

Even though that's a could be/would be story, you've got a good point there. I was really surprised watching that first video you posted; it really did change some of my view on 2pac. Strange thing is, this side of Pac was never really given proper attention. Either he didn't look for that himself, or it just wasn't given to him.

Problem is, Tupac could in no way contradict himself more. The difference between Malcolm as a youngster and Tupac as a younger, is that Malcolm wasn't publicly preaching violence. Tupac is one of the most (in)famous gangsta rappers, talking to the world about killing niggers. So how can he do that, and at the same time preach for black unity?
At least Malcolm had a change of heart - that's where his story began: in prison, when he converted to Islam and started educating himself. Malcolm changed over time. But Tupac chose for people to idolize him for whole different reasons... Reasons that actually oppose his own words here. Wouldn't that make it impossible for him to be the next coming of Malcolm, because of the hypocritical and contradictory way Tupac exposed himself to the masses?

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »
I respect MLK, but he didn't promote the killing of crackers, which is not good.  Real GODs are out for revenge and the slaughter of the devil, which is what Allah wanted.  No peace, we gotta thrash these demons until their pale skin is dripping with red blood.  Cock the chopper and kill you some crackers, boy...

Only thing I've got to say is that whoever put Tupac's beat on there is a fucking idiot.  You've got an idealistic reverend who preached nothing but peace and love his entire life juxtaposed over the music of a faker who one moment would talk about rising above poverty and the next minute would do anything from rape somebody to shoot at someone to sell drugs or talk about murdering his best friend.  To even insinuate that Tupac and Dr. King had anything other than their race in common is laughable.   

Fuck whitey...buck the devil in 2K7.
You aint no GODBODY talkin like that, if you stepped to any REAL CIPHER talkin that BS you would get bombed! Plus ALLAH NEVER taught revenge! If you some type of fanatical Muslim: GOD IS NOT A MUSLIM!
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »
What 'Pac was is a reflection of reality. He was a product more that he was anything else, and he was well aware of it. He would have been very dangerous had me matured. Remember, at 25, when 'Pac died, MALCOLM WAS A PIMP. He was a criminal, and 'Pac was headed down the same path.

Even though that's a could be/would be story, you've got a good point there. I was really surprised watching that first video you posted; it really did change some of my view on 2pac. Strange thing is, this side of Pac was never really given proper attention. Either he didn't look for that himself, or it just wasn't given to him.

Problem is, Tupac could in no way contradict himself more. The difference between Malcolm as a youngster and Tupac as a younger, is that Malcolm wasn't publicly preaching violence. Tupac is one of the most (in)famous gangsta rappers, talking to the world about killing niggers. So how can he do that, and at the same time preach for black unity?
At least Malcolm had a change of heart - that's where his story began: in prison, when he converted to Islam and started educating himself. Malcolm changed over time. But Tupac chose for people to idolize him for whole different reasons... Reasons that actually oppose his own words here. Wouldn't that make it impossible for him to be the next coming of Malcolm, because of the hypocritical and contradictory way Tupac exposed himself to the masses?

I agree, once 'Pac joined Tha Row, I was a hardcore 2Pac fan, and I found myself greatly dissappointed that 'Pac left his core message for that of Gangsta Rap. His interviews at the time was still positive, talking about youth softball and basketball leagues, starting a new Black political party, and unity between black and brown, but his CDs went from community uplifting, women praising and revolution, including violence against cops and President Bush 41, to violence against his enemies, who were Black, and calling women hoes and bitches, and revenge. Though is was only the last 9 months of his life. His first 5 years of his career, he was the positive 'Pac who was the most dangerous rapper since Ice Cube went solo, even more dangerous than Ice Cube in that he truly had Black America in the palms of his hands. 'Pac destroyed himself in the end, and in that, he was the ultimate reflection of young Black America in the early 90's. The older generation that marched in the 60's was too old to raise his generation, and the generation that shortly followed was too cracked out from the CIA selling crack to the innercities that 'Pac's generation was left to raise themselves. 'Pac, like most artist, was not the cause of the problem, they were the reflection of the problem. A crackhead mom, mixed with a Black Panther upbringing, being spoiled well attending one of the best preforming arts schools in the nation, to being homeless at 17 because he had to leave his home situation, to being afraid of calling women names and being frustrated because he couldn't get a date because he was too nice, to being falsely convicted of rape. 'Pac was a living contradiction, and in that, he reflected young Black America in every which way, and now we are only left to ask, what if?

Blu Lacez

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »

I agree, once 'Pac joined Tha Row, I was a hardcore 2Pac fan, and I found myself greatly dissappointed that 'Pac left his core message for that of Gangsta Rap. His interviews at the time was still positive, talking about youth softball and basketball leagues, starting a new Black political party, and unity between black and brown, but his CDs went from community uplifting, women praising and revolution, including violence against cops and President Bush 41, to violence against his enemies, who were Black, and calling women hoes and bitches, and revenge. Though is was only the last 9 months of his life. His first 5 years of his career, he was the positive 'Pac who was the most dangerous rapper since Ice Cube went solo, even more dangerous than Ice Cube in that he truly had Black America in the palms of his hands. 'Pac destroyed himself in the end, and in that, he was the ultimate reflection of young Black America in the early 90's. The older generation that marched in the 60's was too old to raise his generation, and the generation that shortly followed was too cracked out from the CIA selling crack to the innercities that 'Pac's generation was left to raise themselves. 'Pac, like most artist, was not the cause of the problem, they were the reflection of the problem. A crackhead mom, mixed with a Black Panther upbringing, being spoiled well attending one of the best preforming arts schools in the nation, to being homeless at 17 because he had to leave his home situation, to being afraid of calling women names and being frustrated because he couldn't get a date because he was too nice, to being falsely convicted of rape. 'Pac was a living contradiction, and in that, he reflected young Black America in every which way, and now we are only left to ask, what if?

^^
Damn, You Summed It Up Nicely, Mayne!!!
propss!
+1

Blu!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »
It's just a fuckin' beat. It's not like 2Pac was rapping in the background.