Author Topic: What are your 3 favorite Quik produced or co-produced songs?  (Read 171 times)

~Lucien~

I wanna see what everybody likes over here... and I don't mean his ''hit records''. I mean orther musical master pieces

1. If U Stay Ready feat. Suga Free & Playa Hamm
2. Let's Get Down feat. Toni Tony Toné
3. It's Like Everyday feat. R. Kelly & Mausberg

Paul

Re: What are your 3 favorite Quik produced or co-produced songs?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »
if you stay ready is crazy, i would agree on tht one

thers so many though, first ones tht come to mind are so many wayz and doe doe and a skunk 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
Mausberg ft. DJ Quik - The Truth Is (The guitar and piano at the end is  :o) sounds like a jazz masterpiece
Suga Free - Tip Toe Reprise (That fuckin guitar solo is  :o)
Kurupt ft. DJ Quik - Can't Go Wrong   I love the sax on the hook and the beat is just beautiful

It's hard to narrow it to 3, he has so many musical masterpieces.

DJ Quik is the GOAT producer
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »
I agree Quik is the greatest producer of all time

Yea Dre is also fantastic, but Quik has soooo many albums, and he produced EVERYTHING (nearly) on them, and it's difficult to find a wack quik beat..he is also the most consistent producer
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Paul

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »
I agree Quik is the greatest producer of all time

Yea Dre is also fantastic, but Quik has soooo many albums, and he produced EVERYTHING (nearly) on them, and it's difficult to find a wack quik beat..he is also the most consistent producer

its not difficult, ther is none

Quik - GOAT
funkyfreshintheflesh

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »
Kurupt ft. DJ Quik - Can't Go Wrong   I love the sax on the hook and the beat is just beautiful

yeah i love this track too.. i also think "whateva u do" is a crazy track, that end 2'1/2 min jazz instrumental solo is brilliant

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
Quik is a dope producer no doubt and i feel he shoudl stick to producing form now on.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »
up n da club is probably my favorite

~Lucien~

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 02:05:42 PM »
Kurupt ft. DJ Quik - Can't Go Wrong   I love the sax on the hook and the beat is just beautiful

yeah i love this track too.. i also think "whateva u do" is a crazy track, that end 2'1/2 min jazz instrumental solo is brilliant

you know what great music is

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »
Inside Out - Suga Free, AMG
Don't Know Suckas Live here - Suga Free
Put it on Me - Dre and Quik

Paul

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
Inside Out - Suga Free, AMG
Don't Know Suckas Live here - Suga Free

8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Klue

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 03:23:51 PM »
Inside Out
Whateva you do
We still party
Let Me Rip Tonite
if you stay ready
Let's Get Down
Pitch ona party
Quik's groove 7 ft jodeci on trauma (the sound is so clear and brillant !)

etc.

This dude is the damn goat !!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 04:18:39 PM »
I only got 2 of his favourites "Tonite" and "Summer Breeze", and i aint know who produced em lol!!!

Dopeisjay

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »
Quik being the most consistant and G.O.A.T. Of producing.. Yup.. That's the truth..
As for my favorite Quik.. I mean damn there are just to many..  To name just 3..
Here are some at the top of my mind..

1. DJ Quik - We Still Party
"I mean the wow what else can I say about this track.. I mean just sends chills down my spine everytime I hear this track, I mean Rob Bacon on the guitar just can't be fucked with.. And the sytnthesizers on are just amazing.. When it comes to synths quik just can't be fucked with.."

2. DJ Quik - Pitchin ona party
 " Dope track to party to.. Or ride too.. I mean.. The mellody on this track is just amazing.. Sounds almost like a harp.. , also the way he mixed in the bells.. is just like whoa!"

3. DJ Quik - Summer Breeze
"Love this track.. The drum pattern , the bass.. Wow..  The track is dope as fuck.. And Quik comes dope on the lyrics aswell"

4. Suga Free - Doe doe & a skunk
"I mean the way Quik sampled that "Nights of pleasure" track is just genius this track is just soo smooth.. Good for the summer.. It has a real clean bass... and drum pattern.."

5. King t - Lets make A/V
"Once again with rob bacon on the guitar.. Smooth track.. And i mean "El Debarge" cam good on this track.. The way he went with the song was just perfection.."

6. Toni Tony tone - Lets get down
"The Track that caused me to become a big Quik fan.. The first time I heard this track I was just amazed of how good this track sounded.. And the way raphael saadiq went to the song was dope too..

7 DJ Quik - Tonite
"Tonite a classic.. I mean what more is there to say about this track.. For that time this track sounded just so advanced.."

8. DJ Quik - Youz a Ganxta
"I'm actualy bumping this track right now.. Oh man I mean just hearing those sythesizers at the begining of the track is incredible.. And I mean the way Ron Townsend played them flutes.. Whoa!.. Aswell as the guitar.. Shit.. Just a fuckin dope amazing track."
9. DJ Quik - Whateva u do
"Ima have my kids to this track right here.. Haha.. On the real.. The way Quik put this track together.. And gave it a jazzy feelin.. And with Dione Knighton & will Hudspeth on the hook.. I mean u just can't fuck wit dat..

10. Mausberg feat Quik - No more Questions
"Quik and Mausy came strong on the  track lyricaly.. And with Quik on the production is like whoa!.. The guitar is dope.. And I mean that hook.. Is incredible "Stop buggin me, cause yall muthafuckaz aint lovin me" , haha.. 
11. Debrah Cox feat Dee - One wish
"Smooth Quik Production right here.. A track u can just kick it too.. And with Dee from 2nd II none on the track to make it complete.. "
12. DJ Quik Feat AMG - Speed
"My favorite Quik & AMG Collabo right here.. I love the way Quik used that " Earth wind & fire - Mother" sample.. Just a dope fuckin track.. Pumps me up all the time..
13. DJ Quik feat AMG - Get Loaded
"Another dope quik and Amg collabo.. The piano chords on this track are just so dope amg comes hard on his verse.."

14. DJ Quik - One on 1
"Wow the way Quik used that talkbox is dope as hell.. I mean I think Quik has to be one of the best to use talkbox.. Smooth track non the less"

15. DJ Quik - Did yall feel dat
Piano Chords with bass.. Are fuckin hella dope.. I mean Quik realy made this track bump.. With all that bass.. The hook is crazy too.. With Quik usin talk box.."

16. Truth Hurts - I'm not realy lookin
"This Track kind of reminds me of pitchin ona party.. The guitar on this track is nice also the bells.. And Truth hurts bocals just made it sound better.."