Author Topic: Fuck New West  (Read 1745 times)

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Fuck New West
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »
I think the new west is definitely a movement to be reckoned with. Before niggas was sayin’ New West, wasn’t nobody showin us love… If you wasn’t down with Snoop or anyone off of the NWA family tree, you wasn’t getting no shine.  I’ve never apologized for what I said on “Honestly” ft Goldie Locc. “New west coast, old niggas just retire!” That’s real shit. And it seems like right after they posted my shit up, WC was all bent out of shape. I’m just a real ass nigga tryin to get mine, just like he is.   Honestly, the movement is niggas tryin to make it without Dre.  I believe the outcome of the movement is people like Badd Lucc being put on with snoop. I actually respect WC a whole lot for putting on Dr Stank, and other people from the I.E.
New West is definitely a different sound, You got  Dirty Birdy and Stank with a sound of their own. Homeless nation, Myself, Crooked I just now being recognized by the majors. Bishop Lamont not giving into the typical, I’m from the west, look at my rag and my 64’. G. Malone refusing  “the west coast deal” with Dre. Mykestro sounding like he from everywhere, but on some dope ass westcoast, school of battlecat shit. Niggas are just making their own new sound because the “old heads” didn’t want to put us on… So we forcing our way in.
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »
I think the new west is definitely a movement to be reckoned with. Before niggas was sayin’ New West, wasn’t nobody showin us love… If you wasn’t down with Snoop or anyone off of the NWA family tree, you wasn’t getting no shine.  I’ve never apologized for what I said on “Honestly” ft Goldie Locc. “New west coast, old niggas just retire!” That’s real shit. And it seems like right after they posted my shit up, WC was all bent out of shape. I’m just a real ass nigga tryin to get mine, just like he is.   Honestly, the movement is niggas tryin to make it without Dre.  I believe the outcome of the movement is people like Badd Lucc being put on with snoop. I actually respect WC a whole lot for putting on Dr Stank, and other people from the I.E.
New West is definitely a different sound, You got  Dirty Birdy and Stank with a sound of their own. Homeless nation, Myself, Crooked I just now being recognized by the majors. Bishop Lamont not giving into the typical, I’m from the west, look at my rag and my 64’. G. Malone refusing  “the west coast deal” with Dre. Mykestro sounding like he from everywhere, but on some dope ass westcoast, school of battlecat shit. Niggas are just making their own new sound because the “old heads” didn’t want to put us on… So we forcing our way in.

I see your point of view. As for the established acts on the west, some have done they part. Snoop back in the days, WC with Tha Trapp, Daz, Kurupt, Kam and others are helping the new artists out. Now maybe for your situation directly a artist is not helping you out from that standpoint, but there are good people out there that do help. I forgot WC helped put Dr. Stank on. Just speaking from a fans perspective, I could care less if you a new artist or not, I just rock dope ass music. From Crooked to Cube,  Mkystero to WC, Problem to King Tee. If it is dope, I will bump it, and alot of people outside and inside this forum feel that way. It's all for the better meant of the coast at the end of the day and for those preaching separation and superiority I as a fan ain't trying to hear all that. Let the chips fall where they may. Mos def ain't aiming this at you, I just want to hear some dope music without hearing it is new this and old that.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 12:00:33 PM »
There really is no "new west" though. Think about all the west coast rappers that put noticable  records out recently. E-40, Ice Cube, DJ Quik, Too Short, Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, Game, Turf Talk, Mistah FAB. Out of that list, only 3 are relatively new artists (Game, FAB, Turf Talk) and only 1 of those 3 had any sort of mainstream success. Most of the people on this forum are only looking forward to generations old artists records dropping, not the newer guys.

Just the old guys? Really?

I bet a mad bunch of people here are waiting for Omar Cruz, Bishop Lamont, G. Malone, Young MayLay...

Thats great, but they're never gonna drop, just like Crooked I and Sly Boogy. They don't count until they actually put real records out. Its not enough to put out mixtapes and leak singles on the net. Everybody I listed has had an actual album put out.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
New West just means a new way of thinking for West Coast artists. G. Malone even said that Kam was a part of the New West and he's been dropping shit since the early/mid 90's.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 12:42:06 PM »
this new west shit is played the fukk out

LOL @ "new west", niggas in the south of east aren't running around screaming "NEW SOUTH" liike little bitches in every song
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »

LOL @ "new west", niggas in the south of east aren't running around screaming "NEW SOUTH" liike little bitches in every song
They Also aren't running around dying for the colors they wear, attending their best friends funerals, or hanging on sunset... It's two different realities... They aren't screeming new south but their screamin, skee-skee, snap ya fingas, and "this the new dance" cmon man...
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »
by saying new west i think their saying theres a NEW MOVEMENT ON THE WESTCOAST.

i have heard a song i can remember that i think was called New new York.  Cus he was saying that alot of people in new york are copying the south so he wants to make a new new york.

i think their saying that theirs new west coast music coming out thats not gonna be snoop and ice cube and dr dre.  Its gonna be some new west coast artists.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Foxx

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 01:30:40 PM »

real talk

dudes is fags dissing the new west .  no one in the new west is hard to find , dudes stay in the hood

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 04:15:16 PM »

real talk

dudes is fags dissing the new west .  no one in the new west is hard to find , dudes stay in the hood

They might be in the hood and easy to find, but their music isnt. Their music is still in THEIR hood. Nobody is hearing shit from anybody.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »

Yeah New West really sucks. Malone, Yay Boy, all these new rappers, all really suck. Sure they might be ok rappers, but they make awful, repetitive, unoriginal tracks. I wish Sly Boogy and Crooked could bring back the west, but no label will take the chance.

dopeascanbe

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 04:59:32 PM »

real talk

They might be in the hood and easy to find, but their music isnt. Their music is still in THEIR hood. Nobody is hearing shit from anybody.

Niggas kill me talkin bout how they still in da hood, yea they still thier till they get that taste of fame, then they out like a baseball player with three strikes. 8)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 05:04:05 PM »

real talk

yeah they stay in the hood, but they also stay being wack and broke mayne
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Avalanche

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 05:33:27 PM »
lol... it's all semantics and perspective... but i agree that these sorts of things if interpreted negatively are divisive for WC hip-hop...

you'll be happy to know that St. Louis now has a lil' inter-city division going on between "Old St. Louis" and "New St. Louis"... with old being Nelly while the new is Huey...  this is no lie, check it: http://www.hiphopmusicdotcom.com/huey-vs-nelly-beef-continues-st-louis-boycott-nelly.html

i live in st. louis and nobody gives a fuck... period.

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 06:23:52 PM »
I can dig people sayin the OG's don't look out for the new artist which is somewhat true. It ain't like the old days...Cube was puttin on everybody..DJ Pooh..Dj Quik..Mausberg R.I.P. we lost a soldier right there...But Only cats I really see showin love out there now is my nigga Dresta wit Tha Young Hoggs..Wit got some hot cats on these streets hustlin from corner to corner My "Cream Team" niggas big up's..It's 2 much goin on out here 2 talk about a New West..You got 2 do 4self if a blessin comes along that's cool but it's against protocol to diss the forfathers. That's the whole idea behind bossin up..you do that mutha fuckas gone take notice. It don't take a deal from a major to be caked up..The hustler is in you!!! That's what the Westcoast is all about. That New West gimmick to me is founded on disrespect bottom line. Fuck That!! Holla at me!!

Flixx

Tha Gardena Ridah
Flixx

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »

real talk

Niggas kill me talkin bout how they still in da hood, yea they still thier till they get that taste of fame, then they out like a baseball player with three strikes. 8)

The point is nobody is getting their taste of fame, and nobody from the West is going to in the foreseeable future.