Author Topic: Fuck New West  (Read 1743 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Fuck New West
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2007, 12:29:46 PM »
i will say that newer artists do need more support from the fans of the OG's. I know a lot of you do already, but we need more of you out there.

alot of these new guys were broken in by me, nima, and jay... and i would constantly hear the "you promote nobodies" from fans of the OG's.. Now a lot of those "nobodies" are starting to become "somebodies" and they will with all of your support...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

d-nice

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
i will say that newer artists do need more support from the fans of the OG's. I know a lot of you do already, but we need more of you out there.

alot of these new guys were broken in by me, nima, and jay... and i would constantly hear the "you promote nobodies" from fans of the OG's.. Now a lot of those "nobodies" are starting to become "somebodies" and they will with all of your support...

True Styles, I know I speak for alot of people, thanks to you and Dubcnn, Westcoast 2k and others in helping to break new artists and keeping us up to date with the OG's as well. God forbid we would have to have MTV or BET do that for us so these outlets really do keep they ear to the streets. Like I said earlier, I support the west coast, all of it. If it's dope, I will support it.

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 12:49:46 PM »
the whole new west thing is weird, why not...just the west? fukk all this OG rappers and BG rappers n shit, just represent the west n put out good music or mixtapes or whatever, and if you acutually good youll get fame, so what in the next 15 years fools gonna be calling it NEW NEW west?

shits funny,

Foxx

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »

EXACTLY

SGV

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2007, 01:43:29 PM »
Damn so now it is a requirement for how many cats you put on? Da Hood did quite well on the charts. The Lakers actually wanted to pick up their song L.A. 4 Ya for music to be played at the games but they had clearance issues. Tha Trapp is just starting out, I know them cats and they are grinding out there. You make it sound like these artists have to be on a major or something or put up great numbers to be fully put on. Everyone's situation is different. Glasses actually did hustle on his own to get that Sony deal but I bet if he would have been months behind getting a second deal, people would complain and say no OG's helping him. You think Mack 10 had to do that for him? So a artist is supposed to sit around and have the OG's hand feed them success. Bishop Lamont ain't waiting on Dre to create a buzz, neither is Joell Ortiz. N*gger Noize dropped right here on Dubcnn for free creating a buzz, he has done interviews. So a little bit of work has to be put in by the artists. As for the truly dope new artists that do not have a deal, I do hope OG artists or on they own that they can get a deal.

And where is Da Hood now? They didn't hit. Tha Trapp is starting out, but they still haven't hit. Dudes don't have to be on a major, but being on a major is the ONLY way the West will get noticed. Joell Ortiz made his buzz himself and then Dre jumped on it. Bishop's buzz is thanks to Dre, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure Bishop Lamont would just be another New West rapper had Dre not signed him. Now Dre needs to just put him out. Because, out West, putting out a Mixtape here and there means nothing. So until Bishop gets put on to some major records or something with nationwide spotlight on it, dude is just another Hittman.

I'm not saying OG's only job is to put people on, but they should look out for the people who are going to carry on what they created. And I'm not saying the new cats should just sit around and wait for OG's to put them on. But, since so many of the old cats have die hard fans (DPG, Cube etc.) who refuse to let them go, they (the OGs) have the ability to make or break an artist with very little effort. If Warren G came on with a brand new West Coast artist, people check for him. If that same artist tried to make noise on his own, a majorityof people would not even bother to click into the thread.

Point is, on the West Coast the power isn't held by Major labels or DJs, its held by old ass rappers who don't want to give up their chance to shine.

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 01:59:48 PM »
Damn so now it is a requirement for how many cats you put on? Da Hood did quite well on the charts. The Lakers actually wanted to pick up their song L.A. 4 Ya for music to be played at the games but they had clearance issues. Tha Trapp is just starting out, I know them cats and they are grinding out there. You make it sound like these artists have to be on a major or something or put up great numbers to be fully put on. Everyone's situation is different. Glasses actually did hustle on his own to get that Sony deal but I bet if he would have been months behind getting a second deal, people would complain and say no OG's helping him. You think Mack 10 had to do that for him? So a artist is supposed to sit around and have the OG's hand feed them success. Bishop Lamont ain't waiting on Dre to create a buzz, neither is Joell Ortiz. N*gger Noize dropped right here on Dubcnn for free creating a buzz, he has done interviews. So a little bit of work has to be put in by the artists. As for the truly dope new artists that do not have a deal, I do hope OG artists or on they own that they can get a deal.

And where is Da Hood now? They didn't hit. Tha Trapp is starting out, but they still haven't hit. Dudes don't have to be on a major, but being on a major is the ONLY way the West will get noticed. Joell Ortiz made his buzz himself and then Dre jumped on it. Bishop's buzz is thanks to Dre, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure Bishop Lamont would just be another New West rapper had Dre not signed him. Now Dre needs to just put him out. Because, out West, putting out a Mixtape here and there means nothing. So until Bishop gets put on to some major records or something with nationwide spotlight on it, dude is just another Hittman.

I'm not saying OG's only job is to put people on, but they should look out for the people who are going to carry on what they created. And I'm not saying the new cats should just sit around and wait for OG's to put them on. But, since so many of the old cats have die hard fans (DPG, Cube etc.) who refuse to let them go, they (the OGs) have the ability to make or break an artist with very little effort. If Warren G came on with a brand new West Coast artist, people check for him. If that same artist tried to make noise on his own, a majorityof people would not even bother to click into the thread.

Point is, on the West Coast the power isn't held by Major labels or DJs, its held by old ass rappers who don't want to give up their chance to shine.

Some of your die hard fans are not checking for new artists. It is unfortunate that some have tunnel vision and only check for their favorites. You are not going to win over those fans regardless. And the state of the market these days even the old rappers are not selling so the labels are really not checking for new talent unless they have a huge following. There are people out there (myself for one) that do check for new music and appreciate it. Foxx, Problem, Ikuestion, Jehuniko to name a few out here on the west I enjoy their stuff lately. Thankfully there are outlets like this a others that are promoting the new. But yeah alot more can we done with the labels, the artists helping out and just the all around promotion of west coast music.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 04:36:49 PM »
fuck this topic, as long as there are songs chantin "westside this, westcoast that, cali niggas" there will b no future EXCEPT only on tha westcoast.  it wouldnt help 2 git better producers either.  music is universal- EVERYBODY cant lissen 2 tha west-west lingo just tha real shit and tha club, wen will niggas learn
I only fuck with 10's

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »
live instruments, shit is key. people are simple and miss the simple shit. live instruments, trust.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 08:43:45 PM »
all yall internet niggas crac me up

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 10:48:47 PM »
all yall internet niggas crac me up

word? Cause i've totally been impressed by street niggas like yourself.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »
The South doesn't have to say "New South" cuz the older heads put them on. Bun B puts on his team Mddl Fngz as well as supporting younger cats like Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Paul Wall, T.I. etc. on a regular basis. Pimp C put on Webbie and Boosie. Big Boi got Killer Mike, Purple Ribbon etc. 3-6 Mafia put on Frayser Boy and Lil Wyte as well as show love and support to Young Buck. It just goes on. All the South OG's show love and put on the younger cats.

The West does not do that... at all. There's a reason cats are tired of hearing these mid to late 30s cats talking all this shit, but the entire time they ain't doing nothing fresh. So if you sit here and still support these old ass rappers way harder than you would the new rappers, you can suck a dick. The West will die behind you.

Ya Boy, Omar Cruz, Game, Jay Rock, Clyde Carson, Big Rich, Balanace, F.A.B., Bishop Lamont, G.Malone, Damani, Topic etc. This is the future of the West.

Snoop, Cube, E-40, Too Short are either already in their 40s or are damn near there. Its time to let them go and begin to realize that times are changing.

$hort and e-40 are no longer west coast.  they was at one point, but turned they back on it.

you're lame so they aren't west anymore cause they don't make 90s sounding music ???????
40 and short are LEGENDS they can do what the fuck they want and they help out new cats on the regular so shut the fuck up 90s nostalgic nerd  8)

LOL.  :laugh:

your right, they are legends(e40 probably in the bay area only), however, coat tailing on lil jon is sorry.  these two have pushed and embraced a sound that magically sounds just like Crunk, but thats a bit up tempo, and tried to artificially get back into the mainstream.  its so sad because its an embarrassment to how good they were at one point.

how do you assume that ive discluded them because they dont make "90's sounding music?"  they've become sell outs by inhereting a sound from a different region and passing a it as there own.  who have they helped out when they themselves are barley going gold?  if they would have done a better job back in the day, especially $hort, the original authentic Bay sound would still be alive, and revived by the acts such as Bad-NFluenze, Ant Banks, Goldie, Father Dom, Shorty B, and etc.  And as they got more experience in the game, more artists would come from up under them. 

that is why there not "west coast."  because they have a south dominated sound and influence, they have got caught into this hyphy shit that is played.  now that we see its not realling blowing up as most hoped, it will be interesting to see how these two will react and push this sound that is modified from that of the south.

other than that bitch, go take your suburbia ass and laugh at how many times $hort says pussy in Cocktales.  and you know the first mention is gonna be more than you ever gonna have in yo whole life...beeyatch! 

;D

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Dae One

• Super-Producer
  • 'G'
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2007, 04:56:34 AM »
Ya Know Its So Funny Cause 2 years ago no one had anything to say about the New West!!!! LOL this cracks me up. We must be doing something right cause folks keep talking about it. The O.G.'s Embrace us Now there was a time when we were on our own so We Mashed as One Till We got the Respect. Another thing Why with Hip -hop Does youe Age Matter???? Like Ya Dont talk Shit about Dave Matthews Band Or Sting George Clinton and How Old they Are Earth Wind And Fire feel me Wake Up Folks This Is Music!!!!!! The New West Is Alive And Aint dieing out SORRY HATERS!!!!!! CalTroit Coming Soon!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2007, 05:09:06 AM »
The South doesn't have to say "New South" cuz the older heads put them on. Bun B puts on his team Mddl Fngz as well as supporting younger cats like Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Paul Wall, T.I. etc. on a regular basis. Pimp C put on Webbie and Boosie. Big Boi got Killer Mike, Purple Ribbon etc. 3-6 Mafia put on Frayser Boy and Lil Wyte as well as show love and support to Young Buck. It just goes on. All the South OG's show love and put on the younger cats.

The West does not do that... at all. There's a reason cats are tired of hearing these mid to late 30s cats talking all this shit, but the entire time they ain't doing nothing fresh. So if you sit here and still support these old ass rappers way harder than you would the new rappers, you can suck a dick. The West will die behind you.

Ya Boy, Omar Cruz, Game, Jay Rock, Clyde Carson, Big Rich, Balanace, F.A.B., Bishop Lamont, G.Malone, Damani, Topic etc. This is the future of the West.

Snoop, Cube, E-40, Too Short are either already in their 40s or are damn near there. Its time to let them go and begin to realize that times are changing.

$hort and e-40 are no longer west coast.  they was at one point, but turned they back on it.

you're lame so they aren't west anymore cause they don't make 90s sounding music ???????
40 and short are LEGENDS they can do what the fuck they want and they help out new cats on the regular so shut the fuck up 90s nostalgic nerd  8)

LOL.  :laugh:

your right, they are legends(e40 probably in the bay area only), however, coat tailing on lil jon is sorry.  these two have pushed and embraced a sound that magically sounds just like Crunk, but thats a bit up tempo, and tried to artificially get back into the mainstream.  its so sad because its an embarrassment to how good they were at one point.

how do you assume that ive discluded them because they dont make "90's sounding music?"  they've become sell outs by inhereting a sound from a different region and passing a it as there own.  who have they helped out when they themselves are barley going gold?  if they would have done a better job back in the day, especially $hort, the original authentic Bay sound would still be alive, and revived by the acts such as Bad-NFluenze, Ant Banks, Goldie, Father Dom, Shorty B, and etc.  And as they got more experience in the game, more artists would come from up under them. 

that is why there not "west coast."  because they have a south dominated sound and influence, they have got caught into this hyphy shit that is played.  now that we see its not realling blowing up as most hoped, it will be interesting to see how these two will react and push this sound that is modified from that of the south.

other than that bitch, go take your suburbia ass and laugh at how many times $hort says pussy in Cocktales.  and you know the first mention is gonna be more than you ever gonna have in yo whole life...beeyatch! 

;D

damn look at this big ass essay ahhahaha looks like i hit a nerve  8)

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2007, 08:18:24 AM »
fukk puttin on substandard artists

if they're shit was really poppin, they wouldn't need a og to co-sign them, og's would be jumpin on their tracks!

dre gave you n.w.a,snoop,game and blew up xzibit

he's given back

and ya don't stop

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2007, 08:36:28 AM »
Nasty Nem.... one would think so, however, that is not entirely true.... there have been very good artists with very good music that doesnt always get put on...

on the flip side, while its good to have an o.g.'s backing, its also even better to get your own hustle on..
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ