Author Topic: Muslims protest "Evan Almighty"....  (Read 636 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Muslims protest "Evan Almighty"....
« on: July 16, 2007, 11:06:53 AM »
Muslims call for ban on movie

KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) - Malaysian Muslims have called for a ban on the blockbuster movie "Evan Almighty," saying it is offensive to their religion, state media reported Friday.

Malaysia's influential Muslim Consumers Association (PPIM) said the comedy, which plays on the story of Noah's ark and features actor Morgan Freeman as God, was insulting to Islam.

"The movie refers to the big flood during the time of Prophet Noah, but this has been turned into a comedy which is insulting to Islam," Secretary-General Maamor Osman told news agency Bernama.

"Featuring a human being as God in the movie is also against Islam," he added.

"Evan Almighty" is the sequel to "Bruce Almighty," which was banned from cinemas here after arousing objections among conservative Muslims.

Censors eventually approved the movie for DVD and VCD release and it has since been broadcast on television.

Other foreign movies to have been banned from public screening on religious grounds include "Brokeback Mountain' and "The Passion of the Christ."

"Evan Almighty" is scheduled to be screened in Malaysian cinemas from August 23.

In it, Steve Carell plays a newly-elected congressman ordered by God to build an ark.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Muslims protest "Evan Almighty"....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:41:57 AM »
what dont these people protest?
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »
Beating women?

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »
lets strap a bomb to ourselves blow up hella people and go to heaven. you down?
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Narrator

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »
What don't the kikes protest?  Not to mention they own the entire fucking media, so when something offends them, it gets censored EVERYWHERE, not just in one country.

Real Nigga

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:09:45 PM »
What don't the kikes protest?  Not to mention they own the entire fucking media, so when something offends them, it gets censored EVERYWHERE, not just in one country.

Whoooa there blood.....sounds like you got a personal problem with jews, that has nothing to do with this topic.  but as for the conservative malaysian muslims, fuck em, their country isn't doing anything important in the world so let them have their backwards beliefs, that goes for most muslim countries.

BLACK ROYALTY

Narrator

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »
Whoooa there blood.....sounds like you got a personal problem with jews, that has nothing to do with this topic.  but as for the conservative malaysian muslims, fuck em, their country isn't doing anything important in the world so let them have their backwards beliefs, that goes for most muslim countries.

You wanna get tossed in the gas chamber with the rest of the kikes?  Keep talking that shit and that's exactly what'll happen.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:16:22 PM »
WHat about the non Muslims in Malaysia that want to see the movie?

Typical Muslim oppression. Yet they are the ones always complaining about Islamophobia.

Real Nigga

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

You wanna get tossed in the gas chamber with the rest of the kikes?  Keep talking that shit and that's exactly what'll happen.

I'm black, do you have something against us too?

BLACK ROYALTY

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 08:07:43 PM »

No, but if you stick up for kikes, you're an Uncle Tom, and you can be put to death for that.  Speak no more to the GOD.

Real Nigga

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

No, but if you stick up for kikes, you're an Uncle Tom, and you can be put to death for that.  Speak no more to the GOD.

Shouldn't real GODs be omnipotent and not so insecure about other cultures? you are a GOD right?

BLACK ROYALTY

Narrator

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »
Shouldn't real GODs be omnipotent and not so insecure about other cultures? you are a GOD right?

I am not omnipotent, but as Blackman, I am GOD.  Anyway, Allah says that I must kill anyone who disagrees with me, as I speak Allah's will on Earth.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »
malaysians have a right to do this, especially since the Muslims are influential within the commerce of malaysia, why shouldn't they be able to flex some muscle now and again...   8) quit being yehudi haters

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 02:43:01 AM »
 nobody is forcing them to watch it

ekmek

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 08:09:32 AM »
complex!