Author Topic: Official ATL thread(Above the Law, Not Atlanta)  (Read 16587 times)

Tha Psycho Hustla

Re: Finally heard Black Mafia Life
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2007, 05:55:57 AM »
Digital Underground - Same Song featuring 2Pac (Dre and Eazy appears around 02;00 and 02;55)
thnks never knew this/never saw this lol.
pac wasnt down with the whole NWA tree, if i he would, he would give them shout-outs and have them and be on the the albums with them.plus goin 2 parties with eazy and them its all made up.just gangsta-rap hype.like 2pac and eazy, kinda teacher and pupil, goin 2 parties and all that, some internet rumours pac didnt even saw eazy before or after "call it what you want"!!!!

Chad Vader

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2007, 07:19:55 AM »
Digital Underground - Same Song featuring 2Pac (Dre and Eazy appears around 02;00 and 02;55)

thnks never knew this/never saw this lol.

pac wasnt down with the whole NWA tree, if i he would, he would give them shout-outs and have them and be on the the albums with them. plus goin 2 parties with eazy and them its all made up.
just gangsta-rap hype.
like 2pac and eazy, kinda teacher and pupil, goin 2 parties and all that,
some internet rumours pac didnt even saw eazy before or after "call it what you want"!!!!

"We" obviosly wasnīt there so "we" canīt tell what went down or not,letīs just go by the information we have been given.
The Kokane interview about the track they did is posted above....

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »
someone correct me if im wrong but i think it was an interview with Bobcat, not sure thou, and he said that 2pac was around them fellas from ruthless, used to party, go to clubs.

this has been a dope thread, we need an interview with ATL

Chad Vader

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2007, 10:29:34 AM »
someone correct me if im wrong but i think it was an interview with Bobcat,
not sure thou,
and he said that 2pac was around them fellas from Ruthless,used to party and go to clubs.

I think youīre right.
I went to www.RAPTALK.net to find the Bobcat interview
so I could post that part of the interview in here but I couldnīt find it(?)
Styles whereīs the BobCat interview?
Did you take it down?

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »
ima check out the bobcat inteerview.

who e.v.e?

dope articles.

nuff respect.

DJSpin

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2007, 08:57:14 AM »
excellent read!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D~Nice

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »
Man Chad I am going to have to dust off my Source and Rap Pages collection. This was one of my favorites thread, lot of knowledge and history dropped in here.

D~Nice

« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2008, 08:29:38 PM »
Man Chad I am going to have to dust off my Source and Rap Pages collection. This was one of my favorites thread, lot of knowledge and history dropped in here.

yeah,I got to re-read all of the interviews Iīve upped myself.
I havenīt read them since they came out....
but I got SOOOOOOO much shit,will finnish up my magazines then move on to my video collection.
Iīve recorded Hip Hop related shit since 84,so believe I got some shit....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have alot of my mags still but I did not take good care of alot of them. Wish I had, alot of history in them.

Chad Vader

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »

yeah,I got to re-read all of the interviews Iīve upped myself.
I havenīt read them since they came out....
but I got SOOOOOOO much shit,will finnish up my magazines then move on to my video collection.
Iīve recorded Hip Hop related shit since 84,so believe I got some shit....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have alot of my mags still but I did not take good care of alot of them. Wish I had, alot of history in them.

Me too,when I stopped collecting them around 95.
I started to buy mags more random,The Source fell the fuck off when all the writers left.
Rap Pages was always a little eeeehhhh,but the hired a couple of the cats that left The Source,
so the picked up for while before the went out of business.
Hip Hop Connection was always kind of wak,but they went from wak to REALLY REALLY wak around 92.
So when the mags went shit,I treated them like shit too.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I read the mags while taking a bath,as is pretty evident by some of the scans.  ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:
I still support Murder Dog,Allan S. Gordon from The Source and Rap Pages write for them now.
He knows his shit. Matt Sonzala from www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com write for them too....
Speaking off him and Houston,I got some sad news for you;
It's True...RIP O.G. STYLE
http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com/2008/01/its-true-rip-og-style.html

It's true. It hath been confirmed. O.G. Style passed on to his next life yesterday night. I don't have a lot of details, but word is he was not feeling well Wednesday night and so his wife took him to the hospital where they discovered his blood pressure was quite high and his brain had begun to hemmorage. He flatlined a couple of times and went brain dead, but his wife kept him on life support until his family could come to the hospital and say their goodbyes.

O.G. Style may have only had one big hit, "Catch 'Em Slippin'," (though many would call it I KNOW HOW TO PLAY 'EM), but he continued to work and record and release music till the day he died. His was one of the first full length releases on Rap-A-Lot Records and while he may have never reached the levels of his contemporaries in the Geto Boys, he was none the less an influence and a pioneer on this here Houston scene.

He was also one of the artists in this community that I considered a friend. We didn't hang out and play ball and have dinners and shit, but when we talked I always felt like this was one of the better dudes that I had met throughout my journeys in this shit. He was always hustling his music and trying to change the game. He will be sorely missed.

He was preceeded in death by his early partner, Big Boss of the group 4 Deep. Big Boss can be seen pictured on the cover of his first album. Which led me, and many people to believe early on that O.G. Style was a group, not a groundbreaking solo MC.

Anyway y'all, dude was a legend. I know we are all still trippin' hard off the deaths of Pimp C and Big Moe, now we have this to ponder.

Everytime someone close to me passes it makes me sit back and think about myself. I have two beautiful daughters and a wife who need their daddy/husband. What can I do to ensure that I can keep my health in tact and stay alive to see my grandchildren? When I hear about dudes having heart attacks and high blood pressure, sure I think about the drugs and things, but O.G. Style never seemed to be that type of dude. To me, I have seen STRESS take a deeper toll on my friends and family than any drugs ever have. I've seen pork and red meat cause strokes and heart disease, and all these processed foods. I'm not saying these things about O.G. Style, I'm just saying in general, this is what I think about.

I've been driving back and forth to Austin a lot in the past couple months and in doing so I have stopped at my share of Whataburgers and taco joints and such. For a long time I pretty much didn't eat any fast food, but you know, when yer on the road, sometimes you gotta stop and get whatever is cheap and fast and can be eaten whilst driving. All I can think about now, besides just mourning the death of a good friend, is what a pig I have been over these past couple months and how I need to get my shit together and start paying attention.

Oh yeah, wait, I'm in Austin now, I guess that means I'm a vegan. AustinSurreal coming this week. And no, I'm not a vegan, I'm way too weak for that. All these friends and legends dying aren't making me any stronger.

REST IN PEACE O.G. STYLE! Listen to the Drum and Kick the Ballistics my brother.

If you donīt have the album you know where to find it.... ;)
Damn,there seems to be a curse on Houston Hip Hop scene  :-\ :-\

D~Nice

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
I need to get that on a disc. I have it on cassette I think. Damn I did not even know he died. RIP.

D~Nice

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
I need to get that on a disc. I have it on cassette I think. Damn I did not even know he died. RIP.

It happent a couple of days ago,there ainīt that many "old" RAL fans in here so I didnīt bother to post it.
Youīre one the few dubCC members that would care  :-\....
Anyway if the link is dead let me know and Iīll re-up it for you.....

Aight hit me on pm. HUS won't show for me yet.

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2008, 03:59:24 AM »
Fucking major props chad, these ATL scans are much appreciated

BJV

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »
the B-FLAT thing?

They mentioned the key of b-flat on Kokane's first album (Who Am I? Addictive Hiphop Muzick), I dont remember exactly in what context I'm gonna have to take a listen again sometime.

One of George Clinton's favourite albums, or so Ive read is Sly & The Family Stone's Fresh, Im also heavily into that album especially the alternate version of that shit. I saw an interview with Sly Stone from '73 or '74 where he was talking about the problems he had, he joked "I had trouble handling a b-flat there for a while".

How much funk music is played in b-flat? I play myself, I dont think I ever did anything in the key of b-flat but Im gonna check that out then :P

Oh and speaking on that first Kokane album, that has some g-funkish beats on it too, but I think that album was produced by Lay Law
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 03:29:26 PM by BJv »

Chad Vader

« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »
the B-FLAT thing?

They mentioned the key of b-flat on Kokane's first album
(Who Am I? Addictive Hiphop Muzick),

I dont remember exactly in what context I'm gonna have to take a listen again sometime.

One of George Clinton's favourite albums, or so Ive read is Sly & The Family Stone's Fresh, Im also heavily into that album especially the alternate version of that shit. I saw an interview with Sly Stone from '73 or '74 where he was talking about the problems he had, he joked "I had trouble handling a b-flat there for a while".

How much funk music is played in b-flat? I play myself, I dont think I ever did anything in the key of b-flat but Im gonna check that out then :P

can you scan or copy and paste the interview if itīs online?  ;)

Oh and speaking on that first Kokane album, that has some g-funkish beats on it too, but I think that album was produced by Lay Law

Itīs produced by Cold 187,mixed by Dr.Dre.
Indeed a dope album,also my favorite Kokane album.
In one of the interviews I posted,Cold 187 claims Dr.Dre stole concepts for Niggaz4Life from the
Who Am I? Addictive Hiphop Muzick album.

4 used & new available from $10.93
http://www.amazon.com/Addictive-Hip-Hop-Muzick-Who/dp/B000008MA7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1199921951&sr=8-1

Credits;
Who Am I? - Addictive Hip Hop Muzick Label:   Epic
http://www.discogs.com/release/507573

Bass, Guitar - Stan Jones
Co-producer - Above The Law
Co-producer, Vocals - Lay Law
Engineer - Donovan Smith (2) , Mark "The Don" Paladino
Keyboards, Mixed By, Producer, Vocals, Programmed By - Cold 187um
Mixed By - Dr. Dre
Vocals - DJ K-oss , Funkette , Go Mack , KMG , Lillian (3) , Ms. Kilo , Sweet Talk , Tha New Funkateers
Notes:   Executive Producers: Eric "Eazy-E" Wright & Laylaw

BJV

« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2008, 04:07:56 PM »
Im looking at the booklet now I dont know why I thought Lay Law did it, although he mustve been involved.

the interview.. I got it on bootleg DVD could probably rip that segment if youre interested, he gets interviewed and then does a live song on piano.