Author Topic: Official ATL thread(Above the Law, Not Atlanta)  (Read 16597 times)

G-Funk

Re: Finally heard Black Mafia Life
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2008, 09:24:24 AM »
Maybe I missed somethin, but lots consider "Alwayz into Somethin" dre's early work of g-funk, and this was released 1991, when NWA was still a group, how come ATL didn't argue that he stole their concept than?
sorry if this has been acknowledged already, i dont feel like readin this whole thread lol
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:27:20 AM by G-Funk »

D-Stress

« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
this thread still goin on?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
this thread still goin on?

nope that's just an illusion  ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »
Maybe I missed somethin, but lots consider "Alwayz into Somethin" dre's early work of g-funk,
and this was released 1991, when NWA was still a group, how come ATL didn't argue that he stole their concept then?
sorry if this has been acknowledged already, i dont feel like readin this whole thread lol

Here´s a interesting AboveThe Law interview.
-Cold 187um claims Dre stole concepts for Niggaz4Life from Kokane´s; Who Am i? album. (produced by Cold 187um)
-Talk about a track called "Don´t Come to the hood"
-And of course all the drama around Black Mafia Life and The Chronic.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
i still find it strange that he got rid of the tracks he had on his page a couple of months ago :P

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
i still find it strange that he got rid of the tracks he had on his page a couple of months ago :P

His whole album has basicilly leaked already so you tell me  :P

maybe shaka zulu knows, since he's an insider

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »
Fuck. This is great thread, should read this from the first post to the last sometime. Cool scans too!

D-Stress

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2008, 01:58:13 AM »
 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2008, 04:36:42 AM »
when looking back at the dubcnn interview with hutch, i wonder if he's dissing Dre on any of the songs of the new album

Chad Vader

« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2008, 02:06:51 AM »
http://fuck-tha-muthaphukkin-police.blogspot.com/2008/06/givin-up-tha-real.html
4. Another crazy story about that Po' Broke and Lonely album is that the reason Eazy-E ended up releasing it is during the lawyer wars between Interscope and Ruthless, one of the arrangements for Dr. Dre leaving, he would have to turn in a final project and help with one song for Above The Law's Black Mafia Life album.
So Dre, to be a dick, turned in the Po' Broke and Lonely album with him promoting his knew label on the intro.
In turn, Eazy to be a dick back, bleeped that shit.
However, Dre got Ruthless at the end--check this out.
When Dre went to the studio to help with that Above The Law song,
Cold 187um made the mistake of letting Dre hear the whole album.
That's where 187 says Dr. Dre "stole" some ideas and he's got some pretty good proof.
If you listen to the Black Mafia Life album, there are 3-4 songs where Dre just happened to use the same sample
(including Let Me Ride, Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat, etc.).
Now if it was just a Scartch sample or something simple that was the same that's no problem,
but Dre basically used the same main loop of the songs.

One last thing is if you own the promo tape to the Black Mafia Life album,
the outro was originally titled The Chronic Outro. Listen to that track.

They are talking about smoking chronic--and remember 187 said in a interview that Snoop was about to sign with Above The Law, but Dre snatched him up.
That's why 187 was so hurt and let Dre have it on Kokane's song
Don't Bite The Phunk which is one of the best diss songs of all time.
As scary, crazy or however you may describe it as it may be,
187 basically predicted the future and the fall of Death Row when Death Row was on top.
But Dre made it up to Big Hutch.

Around the time Dre left Death Row to form Aftermath, he brought 187 in as a producer and,
believe it or not, 187 produced most of the first Eve album when she was first at
Aftermath around 97-98 along with Mel-Man.

? 187 had a production deal with Aftermath?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2008, 02:09:07 AM »
not sure, i guess you need to check several hiphop sites and look for the gossip section ;)

by the way, Shaka Zulu, did you write this?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:36:20 AM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2008, 01:36:11 AM »
not sure, i guess you need to check several hiphop sites and look for the gossip section ;)

:P :laugh:

EVE worked with 187 so maybe..... ?

Review Rap Pages August 97

Above The Law presents...
Crime Files consists of various artists,who collectively decided to follow the norm of substituting bomb-ass bangin' beats for lyrical supremacy.
Track after track,with the exeption of a few,the message is repeated over and over; the story about how the hail of hollow points leaves your shit wide open has been narration by too many rappers,coroners and morticians. But,for the underground heads who love the finest of ganster cuts,this is a keeper. ATL caters to and strokes the egos of the strong and creates bitches of the weak at heart.
The fattest tracks,however,belong to Mad Harv Dog and E.V.E. Harv extenuates the pussy-footin' around that some so-called gangster rapppers are tryin' to the forefront. With cuts like Rest Your Neck and Full Time,Harv pillages the subconsious and coerces the act of doin' dumb shit. It doesn't matter if your thumpin' in a hoopty or sumthin' plush,you're talkin' this shit on the chin.
Contrastively,E.V.E provides the remedy that makes this album worth buying by adding a well need lady's touch to a "five outta ten" cut album. Her smooth-ass style and iconoclastic lyrics-she lets a brotha know from the git-go that GOD created her to improve on man--clearly articulate her intension to have a stranglehold on the game for years to come. On her cut,Wake Me Up,she shows and proves her dexterity by relishing her sexy-ass voice to the hook: If you give me a minute to make you understand,then wake me up.
If your looking for some true underground shit to strongarm your ass from the neck up,Crime Files will choke the shit outta ya.

-Kirk "Chocolate" Queenan-

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2008, 01:43:16 AM »

Crime Files consists of various artists,who collectively decided to follow the norm of substituting bomb-ass bangin' beats for lyrical supremacy.
Track after track,with the exeption of a few,the message is repeated over and over; the story about how the hail of hollow points leaves your shit wide open has been narration by too many rappers,coroners and morticians. But,for the underground heads who love the finest of ganster cuts,this is a keeper. ATL caters to and strokes the egos of the strong and creates bitches of the weak at heart.
The fattest tracks,however,belong to Mad Harv Dog and E.V.E. Harv extenuates the pussy-footin' around that some so-called gangster rapppers are tryin' to the forefront. With cuts like Rest Your Neck and Full Time,Harv pillages the subconsious and coerces the act of doin' dumb shit. It doesn't matter if your thumpin' in a hoopty or sumthin' plush,you're talkin' this shit on the chin.
Contrastively,E.V.E provides the remedy that makes this album worth buying by adding a well need lady's touch to a "five outta ten" cut album. Her smooth-ass style and iconoclastic lyrics-she lets a brotha know from the git-go that GOD created her to improve on man--clearly articulate her intension to have a stranglehold on the game for years to come. On her cut,Wake Me Up,she shows and proves her dexterity by relishing her sexy-ass voice to the hook: If you give me a minute to make you understand,then wake me up.
If your looking for some true underground shit to strongarm your ass from the neck up,Crime Files will choke the shit outta ya.

i didn't know that ( or forgot about it)  ;)

still, doesn't change anything from the story.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2008, 02:28:13 AM »

i didn't know that ( or forgot about it)  ;)

still, doesn't change anything from the story.

Strange that 187 never has mention this (to my knowledge),if there is some truth to what that blogger says.

if it was true, i'm sure we would have known this one way or the other

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
dre > atl
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens