Author Topic: Official ATL thread(Above the Law, Not Atlanta)  (Read 16612 times)

Chad Vader

Re: Official ATL thread(Above the Law, Not Atlanta)
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »

Above The Law; Livin like Hustlers review in The Source Magazine May 1990

Chad Vader

« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2009, 08:57:23 AM »

Above The Law; Black Mafia Life review in The Source December 1992 #39

dirdee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
does anybody know if usc was released in a longbox version? i can't remember, but since i'm from germany, i don't know for sure. maybe they removed the longboxes before shipping overseas...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »
anyoen got a link to "Black Mafia Life" and "Living Like hustlers"?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
Vocally Pimpin's also a great album

and Chad Vader, WELL OVER half the time links on this forum are dead
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chad Vader

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2009, 09:15:35 AM »
Vocally Pimpin's also a great album

and Chad Vader, WELL OVER half the time links on this forum are dead

Report dead links... The atl ones you asked for last still works.

Chad Vader

« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »

Found this while searching for some other shit.
Mellowman speaks on Cold187;

as far as Big Hutch aka Cold187 always whining about dre stealing from him and claiming this and that I find it pretty funny. Ain't Hutch in jail?  Believe me I have done my research about dre and i think I've talked to somebody about every dre track out there - someone who was involved or around when it was produced.  Ren and DOC have always said dre was the main producer on every nwa project.  I've talked to Mike Simms a few times and he and colin wolfe played most of the live instruments on the 100 miles and runnin ep and efil4zaggin.  Since its one of my favorite productions ever, I've talked to Mike about Real Niggaz Don't Die as he played guitar on it. he was in there when Dre was creating the track and putting in the Rare Earth sample, so I don't believe Hutch at all.  I'll take the word of mike and Dre over hutch any day. 
To be fair i have never met Hutch and I wasn't there when him and Dre were around, I just don't believe him.  I do know a lot of the Living Like Hustlers was near completion when Dre jumped in.  Dre added to the existing tracks that Cold 187 and ATL had put down.  The only 3 above the law tracks Dre produced on his own was The Last Song, Murder Rap and The What Cha Can Prove Untouchable remix.  Dre has always said the rest of the album was mostly Big Hutch.  Dre just did some additional production and added some things to make it better structured.  But if Hutch wants to let his jeolosy of Dre consume his life thats his problem.  The fact is Dre blew up and he didn't.  Hutch is no doubt a great producer, just listen to Deep Az the Root and Black Mafia Life. Good shit.  But Hutch needs to worry about saving his own life not sweat Dre's success.  As for Dre stealing his sound for the Chronic, even though they sampled some of the same p-funk artists there is a big difference in the sound of Black Mafia Life and The Chronic. In my opinion they don't sound anything like each other. If anything Dre was inspired by DJ Quik's just like Compton and Quiks groove 2 as he was working on The Chronic. 
The fact is no one will really know the truth about who produced what.  All the people who try to take credit for Dre are struggling and are bitter of his success.  I base my confidence in Dre never putting his name as producer when he actually wasn't on two things.  The biggeest is that I have worked with him for a lot of years.  When Dre puts his name as a producer of a track trust me Dre is the producer and main orchestrator. The other is that I have talked with artists and musicians who were there before i joined up with Dre.  They witnessed Dre building all those atomic bombs.  But if you want to believe Hutch, Daz and Suge Knight over dre, snoop, doc, em, cube, ren, game, nate dogg, 50, xzibit, busta, Jimmy Iovine and many others go ahead. 

Who was MellowMan and was he legit?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2009, 04:57:27 PM »
damn another classic atl album would be crazy but hutch aint makin the same type of heat anymore
chad, have you checked out "LIVE FROM THE GHETTO"
OR HACK, YOU CHECK THAT ALBUM OUT YET?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:02:03 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »
atls dope

Chad Vader

« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »
chad, have you checked out "LIVE FROM THE GHETTO"?

Yep;
-Cold187um; "Fresh Out The Pen" 3/5  Chad Vader's "Fresh Out The Pen" review
+
Chad Vader's 2008 review links

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
i heard fresh out the pen and real talk, that album is wack especially as far as the production
but damn live from the ghetto is fresh for real
"state of emergency" is bangin
that album gets mad play from me to this day along wit all their other albums

chad, have you checked out "LIVE FROM THE GHETTO"?

Yep;
-Cold187um; "Fresh Out The Pen" 3/5  Chad Vader's "Fresh Out The Pen" review
+
Chad Vader's 2008 review links

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mietek23

« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2009, 03:19:56 AM »
chad homie, can you up some info on above the laws time on deathrow,
i knew they had an album on the works ther, can sum1 up the traklisting, interviews done at the time etc etc?

cheers

-ehhhh,Cold 187um did a interview with a online magazine (can't remember the site) around 01-03,where he spoke on his Death Row album and what not.
Google it  ;).... If you find it,copy and paste it here  ;)

-I'm sure Kilo got the tracklist for unreleased their Death Row album,so ask him  ;)

They were supposed to drop an album called "Diary Of A Drug Dealer" on Tha Row back in 2001... I read some interviews with Hutch where he said that the album was never finished and they recorded only a couple tracks for it but I think it's bullshit - they prolly recorded enough songs to put an album out but only 2 of them were leaked, "Cheers" and "Let It Be Known" [not in full tho]. I also heard that KMG recorded a 6-tracks EP that was supposed to come out before their album as a way of promotion but don't know that for sure, may be a rumor tho...

Kilo have you ever heard of it?

bigpimpin20

« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:49 AM »
^^^
KMG released his EP; ear candy trough www.MP3.com .

you meant this one? ---> http://www.zshare.net/audio/58538153313228af/

so its from ATLs Dead Hoe days?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:53:23 AM by bigpimpin20 »

Chad Vader

« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2009, 06:25:44 AM »
^^^
KMG released his EP; ear candy trough www.MP3.com

this one? --->
www.zshare.net/audio/58538153313228af/

so its from ATLs Dead Hoe days?

yep,that's the one.

Chad Vader

Re: Finally heard Black Mafia Life
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2009, 08:14:07 AM »
What I Heard Is:
Pac Was In The Studio When NWA Were Recording Niggaz4Life,So Was Kokane,Is That True?

YES!

Here's the part where Kokane talks about hanging with Pac while NWA recorded Niggaz4Life;
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QW8NVoMHgl0&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QW8NVoMHgl0&amp;rel</a>

This interview appears on the;
Tha Westside (2002) DVD

you can order it from Amazon;
http://www.amazon.com/Tha-Westside-Mopreme/dp/B00006LPDN/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-1374017-3992708?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1194809015&sr=1-1

Dirty Red Speaks on Pac chilling in the studio while NWA recorded Niggaz4Life

Rest of the Dirty Red interview here
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:17:06 AM by Chad Vader »