Author Topic: Why is Eazy E not shouted out or saluted like other dead rappers?  (Read 756 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Why is Eazy E not shouted out or saluted like other dead rappers?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »
I dunno where yall at. But i dont remember it bein "uncool" to like Eazy just because Dre Day came out. Yeah Dre and Snoop was at the top of the charts, but Eazy was always keepin it G. All the real muthafuckas was always givin it up for Eazy and he was always way more respected in the hood then Dre was. He just wasnt as commercial. Like others on here say, he just didnt die in a "cool" way. Somehow fans get it twisted and think if you get shot youre a thug. And that only confirms that you are what you say you are on your records. But thats some silly shit considering he was more about that lifestyle then Pac or BIG was. I can understand how regular fans dont give it up as much, cus to be real "fans" can be bullshit sometimes. They like the exciting story and shit they can be overdramatic about. What i cant understand is how Hip Hop hasnt paid him more respect. If it wasnt for Eazy, Cube, Ren...shit, even Dre...and a lot of others at that time...who knows what course Hip Hop would have taken.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »
one of the reaons is the way he died (like other dudes said). His death offers no room for conspiracy theories.

He was a cool rapper, but I can't see his as a true artist (Ghostwriter...) and that's why he doesn't get the same fame like Pac and B.I.G., besides the fact that he was not commercial enough to be a star.

People who don't listen to rap/US Rap don't know him, but everybody knows Pac/Eazy. That's why it isn't popular to shout out  Eazy

How many artists over the last 15 years would you say have had ghostwriters? Its true, i dont like that shit either. Ive always written my own shit, so i appreciate what goes into it. But theres way more muthafuckas out there spittin somebody elses words then youd think.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 11:48:49 AM »
The reason why Eazy-E was not shouted out so much was because Eazy's friends could sell records on their own, without ridin on the fame of Eazy...

Dre, Cube and Bone thugs that is...

Puffy with Biggie.... Outlawz with Pac, and Fat Joe with Pun... they all saluted them in a way to get respect and fame...

u see the simular way The Game does with Eazy?
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

messi19

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »
The reason why Eazy-E was not shouted out so much was because Eazy's friends could sell records on their own, without ridin on the fame of Eazy...

Puffy with Biggie.... Outlawz with Pac, and Fat Joe with Pun... they all saluted them in a way to get respect and fame...

U tryna say he shouted him out to sell records n get respect?
Naaaw Naaw, dont think thats the case.

But i always wondered about Eazys street cred? What did they say he did
on some street shit..some even say he banged KPCC. Is that shit true?

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 01:36:39 PM »
one of the reaons is the way he died (like other dudes said). His death offers no room for conspiracy theories.

He was a cool rapper, but I can't see his as a true artist (Ghostwriter...) and that's why he doesn't get the same fame like Pac and B.I.G., besides the fact that he was not commercial enough to be a star.

People who don't listen to rap/US Rap don't know him, but everybody knows Pac/Eazy. That's why it isn't popular to shout out  Eazy

How many artists over the last 15 years would you say have had ghostwriters? Its true, i dont like that shit either. Ive always written my own shit, so i appreciate what goes into it. But theres way more muthafuckas out there spittin somebody elses words then youd think.

yeah, there are plenty more but as long as we don't know... plus Eazy wouldn't be in top 10 if he wrote his shit all by himself

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »

U tryna say he shouted him out to sell records n get respect?
Naaaw Naaw, dont think thats the case.

ofcourse there is alot of love and admiring too... but i'd say that a main factor of the saluting is for establishing their own carears..
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »
cause he wasnt a good rapper

Coming from someone with a diplomat avy and cassidy/joe budden signature, to me its funny

Cus he didn't have any real talent.

Except setting up Ruthless Records and introducing artists like Dre, Cube, Kokane, Above The Law, BG Knoccout & Dresta,... yeah no talent
And even if his CEO position dont count, how can we say he got no talent as a rapper? tracks like "Boyz N The Hood", "Eazy-Duz-It", "Real Muthaphuckin Gz", "Any Last Werdz" are certified classic

Lol if you don't think Cassidy or Joe Budden are good then you have no idea what talent is.

I respect Eazy for laying the groundwork for the entire West Coast but at the end of the day, all he did was supply the money to talented people. He used his drug money to get Dre in the studio, Dre produced him, Cube and Ren wrote his shiet, then Jerry Heller stepped in and tookover everything.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

NotoriousA.O.D.

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
i think 1)the way he died, 2)the way dre & snoop schooled him so bad there was NO comeback worthy, 3) he dicked over a lot of people i.e. all of N.W.A & 4)he hired paperboy to rap his verses and then he re-recorded the shits with paper's flow?-he would have been better served if he would have never recorded anything after efil4saggin. I know a lot of new school cats like some of the newer shit but the true schoolers, know that his best days were behind him once dre & ren left.

Are you fukin smokin crak? No worthy comebak? Please. . .Eazy mopped dre & snoop up with Real Muthaphukkin G'z and all of his diss traks. Not to menchion the shit he was speaking about dre and snoop was true. dre had more commercial success after NWA but Eazy had the streets. And that shit your speakin on about paperboy is made up bullshit. Eazy Co-wrote his shit from the NWA days and then started to write more on his own later on thats why his style switches up so much. And It's On 187um Killa and Str8 Off The Streets are better then Eazy Duz It. . .

Rest In Peace!

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 03:46:19 PM »
simple as 1 2 3 .....he didnt write his shit .....and he wasnt that great

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »

yeah, there are plenty more but as long as we don't know... plus Eazy wouldn't be in top 10 if he wrote his shit all by himself

the thing is, it isnt about him bein a lyrcal genius. Its about what he contributed to the game. Also, from what I was sayin...its crazy that hip hop itself doesnt show him as much respect. I doubt that has anything to do with ghostwritten lyrics considering most of hip hop understands how many...and also who is....buyin spits.