Author Topic: Anyone here ever been to a psychologist?  (Read 606 times)

Doggystylin

Anyone here ever been to a psychologist?
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
anyone ever been to a psychologist? if so how was it? how long did you go and was it helpful?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Anyone here ever been to a psychologist?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »
If a psychologist is the same thang as a 'counselor', yeah, I used to go when I was a kid for a long ass time. I went to 4 different people in my lifetime.

I went to a lady when I was real young for a while when I was like about 4 or 5. She was for the young children.
I went to another lady when I was about 7 to like 11. I went with my family though.
I went to some wacko in 8th grade by force, for just like 2 visits.
Than after that I went to the same lady I went with my family with, for like 3 visits.

Here's my advice, if you gon' go ahead and trust me, if you're a serious non playin type of cat, it's gon' take alot of patience with these people. So shit will prolly be korny as fuck. They are real relaxed people though. If you get a good one, they will make you feel comfortable. I wish you luck on finding a somebody decent though.

But, see, I never went to a psychologist or counselor willingly, so shit may be a lil different in my eyes.

If you are going with a girlfriend or wife or kids, they'll try to make it an open environment. If you are going alone, than it's all on you. You have to make the decision to open up becuz you don't have somebody there with you to explain what's going on or what you're faults or problems are. You have to talk and speak up cuz that't the only way that can help you out. You kinda  get what I'm sayin'? I mean, it's like a 'judge for ya self' thang. If you want the help, than it most likely will  help. If you really don't want the help, it ain't gon' do nothing. Of course if my IQ was higher I could prolly do better but for now that's all I got. I wish ya luck homie!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 12:54:43 AM »
^4 counsellors!! Youz a crazy nigga. :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »
anyone ever been to a psychologist? if so how was it? how long did you go and was it helpful?

Okay... check this out... just some brief history so you'll know what lead me to my visit with the psychologist.

Fall of 95 was the best Fall season of my life, Spring of 96 was the best spring of my life, and then Summer of 96 was the best time in my entire life and I wouldn't of traded my life with anyone in the world.  I was 14 then, and about to enter highschool.

Well... As soon as I entered highschool, everything changed, it was around that same time that 2pac died, and it seemed like a lot of things were chaning in my world and in the larger world.

My grades in school had been bad for a while, so my mom started bringing me to this psychologist.  I was experiencing depression for the first time in my life as well.  I tried to share some of my feelings with the psychologist but she didn't say anything that made me feel any better, and one time she even asked if I had ever thought about killing myself, and I said "Yes".  And then she asked "Did I think of killing myself because I thought that everyone would be better off if I did?" ... and I replied that it was actually the opposite, that I wanted to kill myself, but I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want to make anybody else sad about what I had done.  So she said, "Well, then your okay."    LOL.. and that was pretty much the end of it.  She wasn't that interested in continuing any sessions, and neither was I.  She prescribed some medicine which my mom wanted me to take, and I refused to take it.

...so that's a description of my experience.  I was not impressed with her at all.  I think psychologists are bullshit and a waste of time and they only make matters worse.

If you want to feel better you should do some soul searching and read Harry Browne's, "How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World" (my new favorite book, lol).   Most psychology is just about positive thinking, but Harry Browne's book is spittin straight reality, no bullshit.   Peace.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:11:17 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Da Bloodz

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:02:04 AM »
YOU'RE BETTER OFF STAYING PSSYCHO

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
keep your mind and options open homie....shit might help you,might not. just dont let what anyone else thinks make that decision for you.

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »
I did when I was like 8 years old. My mom said I had anger problems but the truth is that I was just a kid and wanted to go out and play but I had my fucking mean ass auntie taking care of me when my mom was out working. Didn't work, I just became older.

Secondz Away

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:01:47 AM »
I passed go and went straight to a Psychiatrist.......I see him once a week, and every other week I have group therapy with an LCSW......I'm Clinical Major Depressive, with Bipolar II disorder         
 (Hypo-mania) . He's got me on Fluoxitine,Alprozolam,Lithium & Seroquel.

I guess it's helping, but I think the medicine is screwing with my head more than the Psyc. is.
"I'm Secondz Away from goin insane, I need to get away" D-Dubb

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:25:04 PM »
if you really have some major problems that make your life miserable and no doctor can help cuz its def psychosomatic then go to a psychotherapist (psychologists cant prescribe medecine, but just talk, youre better off with an psychotherapist in that case)
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »
yup i think i had 5-6 sessions when i was 14-15 years old(10 years ago), my family pretty much made me go, and it didnt do shit for me lol..

my opinion is, therapy helps alot of people, and for many others its totally worthless because of different reasons

if ure thinkin about it, u should give it a shot, u got nothing to loose and it may work out good for u

good luck

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »
I am a psychologist  ;)

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:48 PM »
I am a psychologist  ;)

i thought of becoming one and read loads of books on that subject
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:44:48 AM »
I am a psychologist  ;)

so why you decided not to become one?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:46:46 AM by Robert de Negro »

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
I am a psychologist  ;)

becuz if you study psychology youre done in 3 years and then the only thing you can do is givin advises to people and consulting...id rather be a psychotherapist cuz then i can prescribe medecine and resolve more complicated cases...but then id have to study psychology for 3 years and medecine for 6 years and i dont wanna be 30 when im done studying
how long did you study and where? and how is your career going?
[J-Live]

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 09:33:03 AM »
I am a psychologist  ;)

becuz if you study psychology youre done in 3 years and then the only thing you can do is givin advises to people and consulting...id rather be a psychotherapist cuz then i can prescribe medecine and resolve more complicated cases...but then id have to study psychology for 3 years and medecine for 6 years and i dont wanna be 30 when im done studying
how long did you study and where? and how is your career going?

I completed the first three years, so that's still the bachelor period. Next year, I'm gonna do a 1-year specialization period for clinical psychologist. After that, I'm pretty much ready for work, but I still gotta follow more internal courses then. I think the system here is a little bit different from where you live. Here, a psychologist (or a psychotherapist) will never be able to prescribe medicines. In order to do that, you gotta study medicines and become a psychiatrist.