Author Topic: Long Hair, Don't Care. Lil Wayne is the best rapper right now (ballerstatus)  (Read 331 times)

We Fly High

this article was swiped from Ballerstatus. The first part in parenthesis is my thoughts on this matter.

"Wanna know who's on my radar right now?Lil Wayne. I can tell when a rapper is feeling his rhymes , when he dives into his craft. Lil Wayne's on point. He's going for broke. That's a great place to hear an artist. I love when people aren't bullsh*tting me. When they just ain't taking my money"
-Andre 3000 . Vibe magazine.

(this thread is kinda a follow up to the recent ti vs weezy threads. i like them both, cant really decide whose really dominatin right now, but lets just say I can listen to a lot more Weezy than i can of TI. I always considered Weezy to be a rapper's rapper. Theres gotta be a reason why he is the only rapper on Andre 3000's radar. Theres gotta be a reason why Jay-Z had called him "rookie of the year". Theres gotta be a reason why he's Kanyes favorite rapper right now. Even myself, my hip hop collection is game tight, but i'm one of those old schoolers. My collection is filled with old school outkast, public enemy, roots, kool g rap,slick rick, beastie boys, black moon, de la soul, tribe... my collection is i'd say 95% pre 1999, and mostly from late 80s to mid 90's. However of the 15 or so hip hop cds that you find in my collection that are dated past the year 2000, you'll find Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 2...
but anyways on with the article......)
=============================

Lil Wayne Is The Best Rapper RIGHT NOW

Yes, it's your boy WWW-dot because I have a Way With Words, period and hell nah...no typo there. I repeat -- Lil Wayne Is The Best Rapper RIGHT NOW, excluding nobody...man, look what he embodies.

...While you're at it, look at the rappers, he's bodying.

Complex had Weezy calling himself the best, but they never went ahead and agreed. Well, I am agreeing.

Lil Wayne is the ruler of hip-hop's western hemisphere. (Weezy) F that...the world.

Before you think I'm smoking that LaLaLa, let me explain.

When ever the topic or debate (is more like it) of the best MC comes up, we're quick to look back at their catalog and see what that particular artist has done in the game. Well, I ain't doing that shit any more. See, since time doesn't go back...those are memories. What about what they're doing right now!? This is a hungry game, a hungry sport. And when it comes to that, one Weezy F. Baby is killing y'all right now. He has been having a loaded gun to these rapper's mouths and he's squeezing...

I mean, if you're an MC in the game right now, are you even trying to catch up to dude!? He's soo ahead of y'all right now. I mean, daaaamn. He's the Kobe Bryant of rap. He's ripping you rappers' hearts out, while they're still beating. Worst of all is the fact that he's telling y'all about it, while he's doing it:

"I'm a New Orleans gangster after the storm / Boy, it took about $3 million to rebuild my home / But...I'm back on defense, back in my zone / I eat rappers and go in my yard and bury their bones / Huh...My pockets all Raven Symone / That's FAT, what y'all know about that?"

Need more evidence of him telling you so? Ok, here goes:

"I am the beast / Feed me rappers or feed me beats / I'm untamed, I need a leash / I am insane, I need a shrink / I love brain, I need a leech."

And you know the SWAGGER on a scale of 1-10, stays on a 110 at all times:

"And my wrist special par but the mule is cooler / I have more jewels than your jeweler."

And he's telling you that he's in the zone. He's challenging someone to stop him!

"I'm In My Zone / My form is So Rare Man / If there's a throne, you're looking at a chairman / How You Want It / Show Me My Opponent....Show Me My Opponent."

So, who's stepping up to the plate? Looks like nobody and quick. Jay and Nas are comfortable. That leaves the young guns. As popular as guys like Game and T.I. are, they can't keep up with Wayne. The dude just records too much.

Listen, we all know what dudes like Rakim, Jay-Z and Nas have done in the game. Their work speaks for itself. Each one of the aforementioned artists possess the traits necessary to be among the best ever. But in this moment in time, Lil Wayne stands miles apart from his competition. No one is close. I respect Kanye for calling dude the best right now because hey, it is what it is.

Dude takes chances. All y'all MCs stick to that formula. (Although he was on Hov's johnson for a minute), Wayne has no formula. Case in point, dude will go from spitting French, reggae and straight hip-hop on one song! That's having no formula. He takes chances and that's why he's the best. Same goes for R. Kelly in R&B. No singer is taking chances with their music like him. Nobody in the business says whatever the fuck they want with as much conviction as Kelly and Wayne...

With Wayne, it's really not about what he says, in terms of significance because quite frankly a lot of caca spews from dude's mouth. With Wayne though, it's how he says EVERYTHING...and with heavy SWAGGER.

The way he drags out words and pronounces others are unparallel:

"I push that Masssserati to the limitttt / Six seconds through that traffic like Emmitttt."

Most importantly, when judging who's best, a trait to consider is buzzworthy level. In the last year alone and this one so far, I can't think of another MC, whose lines we have been talking about more than Lil Wayne's. And with lines like these, we'll continue talking about him:

"We can get it poppin' / Like a mac-ten / Brrrr-Dat Dat Dat on your back back back / I smack smack smack that / And I'm strapped with an automatic tongue / And it goes Brrrr-At-Dat Dat Dat"

Man, oh man...y'all better play catch up! Do something out there. It's getting ugly. Weezy is running away with your game. He got it on lock. Who can stop him?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:08:00 AM by We Fly High »

WC Iz Active

Best Rappers at the moment (no order)

Lil Wayne
Juelz Santana
Joe Budden
Cassidy

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Yeah, I think a lot of people hate on Wayne because he's different... I couldn't stand his voice on the early Cash Money shit.. but since Carter I he's been steadily getting better.. It's like Andre 3000 said, he's in a zone right now, he sounds so into what he's doing, his swagger and his delivery is crazy, he's refreshing to me.

I agree that the shit with Birdman is weird, the XXL Cover looked homo, but as far as his music dude is on top of his game right now...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck a swagger, I want a rapper who can actually spit... Chamillionaire is far better.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

You know hip hop is in trouble when we have some discussions about Lil Wayne being among the best rappers  :-X

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Yeah, I think a lot of people hate on Wayne because he's different... I couldn't stand his voice on the early Cash Money shit.. but since Carter I he's been steadily getting better.. It's like Andre 3000 said, he's in a zone right now, he sounds so into what he's doing, his swagger and his delivery is crazy, he's refreshing to me.

I agree that the shit with Birdman is weird, the XXL Cover looked homo, but as far as his music dude is on top of his game right now...

Spot on. I did a review of Wayne's "Da Drought 3" mixtape a while ago for URB, and said almost the same thing. Yeah, he can act eccentric, but the truth is no-one WANTS to be the best as much as Wayne does. I think it's great the way he's constantly trying to prove himself to the remaining doubters. You can tell he still loves Hip-Hop, and you've got to respect that kind of mentality in this, "This Is Why I'm Hot" day and age.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'd give it a year before anyone will be tired of Weezy. Hes already starting to recycle his punchlines or making them cornier by each song (Im in the water like dolphine...)

But at the moment hes on fire, especially when it comes to guest apperances.

wcsoldier

I'd give it a year before anyone will be tired of Weezy. Hes already starting to recycle his punchlines or making them cornier by each song (Im in the water like dolphine...)
lol WTF is it 4 real ? (talking about the "I'm in the water...)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Can't wait for C3 :D

kemizt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol WTF is it 4 real ? (talking about the "I'm in the water...)

Nothing, it just rhymed with an "orphine" I think  :-X

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Fuck a swagger, I want a rapper who can actually spit... Chamillionaire is far better.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Narrator

Haha, Lil Wayne is such a fag.  And so is anyone who likes him.  Of course, I already knew them Dipset Stans were closet homos all along.

RUF is the movement now, bitch!  Fuck with us and we take your hands!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You know hip hop is in trouble when we have some discussions about Lil Wayne being among the best rappers  :-X
lol,word +1...no hate but i just dont understand all the hype dude has lately

Invincible

no hate but i just dont understand all the hype dude has lately

Co-sign. I don't dislike him but  I think everyone is well overating him at the moment. The last song I liked him on was 'Hollywood Divorce'.

KURUPTION-81

wayne gets by on his swagger, he aint bad for a mainstream rapper but to say he is the best rapper right now is a little far fetched.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson