Author Topic: Kanye West Says He's Ready To Pit His Album Against 50 Cent's: 'We Ain't Moving'  (Read 954 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Regardless of what 50 Cent thinks, Kanye West says he's not blinking: His album will be coming out the same day as the leader of the G-Unit.

"The date, Graduation, September 11, we ain't moving," West said Sunday night at the Beacon Theatre, where he was waiting to perform with Lil Wayne.

Kanye is embracing the friendly competition with the man he recently produced a track for. The Grammy winner says two heavyweights coming out on the same day is monumental for the game.

"I'd rather come out on a day like that, up against 50 — where people are excited about going to the stores and it's an event and people talk about it — and be #2 on that day rather than come out and be #1 on a day nobody cares about," West said. "It's about things going down in history. It's not that much exciting stuff in hip-hop right now. I think people are going to make it more than what I'm making it myself. At the end of the day, I'm making music and I'm trying to sell."

Despite its tragic significance, September 11 is also the day that Jay-Z's The Blueprint was released six years ago. West's production on the album — via songs like "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)," "The Takeover" and "Never Change" — brought him his first widespread acclaim.

"The Blueprint came out six years ago?" Kanye asked his A&R rep and friend Plain Pat. "That's monumental. This album, Graduation, I been listening to it. I like it a lot. I really believe I can take home that Album of the Year award at the Grammys. I've won my awards, but they've always been a category: 'hip-hop,' 'rap.' I wanna win Song of the Year, Album of the Year. I wanna deliver this album."

This report is provided by MTV News
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
they both doing this shit for publicity.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
had that quote in my sig for a coupla days...

personally i think Graduation will not only be a better album but will sell more aswell.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
"Can't Tell Me Nothing" has a sick beat. I fucking hate the official single "Stronger" though.

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
had that quote in my sig for a coupla days...

personally i think Graduation will not only be a better album but will sell more aswell.

is that the official cover?
if so, it sucks.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i dont know if it is official, but i like it. its something different to the usual hip hop album covers...

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
i dont know if it is official, but i like it. its something different to the usual hip hop album covers...

lol different is one way to describe it :P

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thing is, the way Kanye is decribing it, is higly unpossible. Hes basically saying that because those 2 are dropping the same day, that everyone is gonna go to the store and pick it up. That would truly be great for hip hop, at least bring some excitement, rap game been boring lately (plus the date is 9/11).

On the other hand the odds are strong that each one of them is gonna loose at minimum 400.000 copies.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
i wasnt gonna cop the kanye before but now that hes going up against 50 i will go and buy it on 9/11.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Glad to hear that Kanye is still enthousiastic about his music. Looking forward to hear the album!

Lunatic

should be interesting
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

Thing is, the way Kanye is decribing it, is higly unpossible. Hes basically saying that because those 2 are dropping the same day, that everyone is gonna go to the store and pick it up. That would truly be great for hip hop, at least bring some excitement, rap game been boring lately (plus the date is 9/11).

On the other hand the odds are strong that each one of them is gonna loose at minimum 400.000 copies.

Why do you think that?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lets say they both end up doing 400.000, which will be a huge dissapointment for them. But if, lets say Kanye dropped like he planned in August, 50 would have around lets say 200.000 more, that was spent on Kanye.

d-nice

Lets say they both end up doing 400.000, which will be a huge dissapointment for them. But if, lets say Kanye dropped like he planned in August, 50 would have around lets say 200.000 more, that was spent on Kanye.

Are you saying that because you think Kanye would take sales away from 50 and vice versa? I think the audience is a little different for both but I could see that happening.

Lunatic

Are you saying that because you think Kanye would take sales away from 50 and vice versa? I think the audience is a little different for both but I could see that happening.

i was just about 2 say the same thing
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com