Author Topic: Just talked to KMG  (Read 246 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Just talked to KMG
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »
Was just chillin' with this girl that works for Unleashed Magazine and she put me on the phone with KMG. Just had a quick conversation with him about the Dre stealing BML concepts, asked if he wanted to smoke a blunt. He said he was with his daughter but he'd be down later this week. Told him I was a big G-Funk fan and an original member of dubcnn. Don't know if it'll go down, but it was cool shit.

I'd go into specifics but he didn't say anything we haven't already discussed in greater detail. Basically he was saying "fuck Tomika Wright" and wasn't even tripping off the Dre stuff. They're more concerned with not getting royalties from some video game "streets of LA" or some shit.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Al Bundy

Re: Just talked to KMG
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »
yhahahahahaha that's dope!!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 10:57:24 PM »
r they droppin new shit?

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:42:19 PM »
Tanji I didn't know you worked for dubcnn. What happened?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:10:03 AM »
Tanji I didn't know you worked for dubcnn. What happened?

not necessarily worked for but I was

-an original member

-ran the Vault back in its earliest days

and I like to think i've contributed some form of articles/writing input in my more essay like contributions to the main forum.

anyway, I was in front of the girl last night when I made the post but now that she's gone I can go into more detail. It was kinda funny, i told him what i told you guys about how I always liked Livin' Like Hustlers and just recently discovered Black mafia Life and that it's crazy that Dre used so much similarly conceptually to them with the chronic. He said "yeah man...there was even MORE. We switched out like 5 songs that were gonna be on the album because Dre pretty much stole the songs for the chronic. and yeah there's a good 2 or 3 more on BML that were pretty much done in some way on the chronic too." he didn't sound mad at all he even said "Yeah pretty much all that happened was he took some of those songs yeah but whatever."

She was saying Hutch isn't down with the gangbang stuff anymore/found jesus etc. the usual and will not be involved in ATL music for the foreseeable future. But KMG is dropping a solo record soon. Check his myspace, you'll even see that he lives in fontana, which is the city in the IE that I live in.

she even said that the studio ATL's remaining members used was in the same planned community that i live in. that's crazy to think ATL was recording in the same housing community that i live in for years.

Alot of LA's population is flowing into the IE because of overpopulation like a motherfucker. The fact that ATL and Snoop's brother each live ten minutes or less from me shows me that if anything.  The girl, Aya, said it's cause KMG(and possibly other ATL members, can't remember) is from Pomona like Suga Free and shit.

-T
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:14:59 AM by Tanjibility is voting to protect medical marijuana: Clinton »

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
^^Nice...KMG is real, but I bet he's just overexaggerating about the Dre "stealing" songs from them...Using the same samples doesn't=stealing...PeACe

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 10:10:29 AM »
bml wuz dope as fizzuck.miss dat chit.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
^^Nice...KMG is real, but I bet he's just overexaggerating about the Dre "stealing" songs from them...Using the same samples doesn't=stealing...PeACe

he may have said "took the songs" or 'took the ideas" or "used the concept" perhaps I didn't quote him 100 percent correct, but basically you know? and we don't really know how similar the songs they took off the album were, maybe they were even closer thus resulting in them being pulled.

and also, i still put alot of my faith in my theory that Dre and ATL worked on the Bml/chronic concept together before dre left. especially since KMG didn't sound mad or accusing at all when he talked about it. the same tone could have been used to say perhaps Dre just used the concepts/songs FIRST though they had all worked on said concepts/songs.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »

he may have said "took the songs" or 'took the ideas" or "used the concept" perhaps I didn't quote him 100 percent correct, but basically you know? and we don't really know how similar the songs they took off the album were, maybe they were even closer thus resulting in them being pulled.

and also, i still put alot of my faith in my theory that Dre and ATL worked on the Bml/chronic concept together before dre left. especially since KMG didn't sound mad or accusing at all when he talked about it. the same tone could have been used to say perhaps Dre just used the concepts/songs FIRST though they had all worked on said concepts/songs.

-T

G-Funk was already in its developing stages on "Efil4Zaggin"...

d-nice

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 11:40:50 AM »
Was just chillin' with this girl that works for Unleashed Magazine and she put me on the phone with KMG. Just had a quick conversation with him about the Dre stealing BML concepts, asked if he wanted to smoke a blunt. He said he was with his daughter but he'd be down later this week. Told him I was a big G-Funk fan and an original member of dubcnn. Don't know if it'll go down, but it was cool shit.

I'd go into specifics but he didn't say anything we haven't already discussed in greater detail. Basically he was saying "fuck Tomika Wright" and wasn't even tripping off the Dre stuff. They're more concerned with not getting royalties from some video game "streets of LA" or some shit.

-T

PROPS T

westkoastanostra

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »

-T

G-Funk was already in its developing stages on "Efil4Zaggin"...

the same can be said on "vocally pimpin ep"

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »
NIK, it's not just g-funk...but the chronic as an album on a conceptual level  is very similar to thatof BML

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
NIK, it's not just g-funk...but the chronic as an album on a conceptual level  is very similar to thatof BML

-T

Yes, and sampling the same sounds has something to do with that...