Author Topic: Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements...  (Read 2701 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements...
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
^^Okay? And we're talking about tainted achievments here...This one is considered one of the biggest in the sport of basketball, a turning point for the game. And to be honest, Jordan's last shot just pretty much defined his whole career in the NBA, really. It was almost like a metaphor. That's the way he went out...It was great, but tainted (by refs), just like his whole career in the NBA...PeACe

Citizen-Y

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »
^^Okay? And we're talking about tainted achievments here...This one is considered one of the biggest in the sport of basketball, a turning point for the game. And to be honest, Jordan's last shot just pretty much defined his whole career in the NBA, really. It was almost like a metaphor. That's the way he went out...It was great, but tainted (by refs), just like his whole career in the NBA...PeACe

Byron Russell slipped.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »
^^LMFAO...You're joking, right?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »

Jordan tried his best to not let him fall but Russell was to far gone.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »
Tom Brady's tuck was much bigger than Jordan's offensive foul. Doesn't matter though, because we are talking about actual cheating in sports.  If there was a list of most famous missed called, Jordan and Brady's would be in there. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »

Jordan tried his best to not let him fall but Russell was to far gone.

What are you talking about, dude...are you okay? I thought you were just pulling my leg at first...

Russell was clearly pushed, it's insane to think otherwise...NBA Officials have reviewed this and said this themselves.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 03:08:28 PM »
the superstars will get the call or non-call 99% of the time though...its always been that way and always will be...did MJ push off? absolutely. Refs miss calls in every game,in every sport.favoritism no doubt, but its not a scandal.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
the superstars will get the call or non-call 99% of the time though...its always been that way and always will be...did MJ push off? absolutely. Refs miss calls in every game,in every sport.favoritism no doubt, but its not a scandal.

Exactly. It's a flaw in the system and why NBA officiating has fallen apart, the fact that we've come to accept that...Also, hated superstars do not get the same treatment, no matter how good they are.

Something needs to be done.

It's not in every sport, basketball is the only sport where someone falling with the closest person being 2-3 feet can be called a foul AND have it be accepted with no consequences whatsoever for the official responsible...Refs can take over the game of basketball when a player makes them mad. For example, imagine in baseball, if the pitcher said something to the umpire he didn't like, and he started calling strikes as balls...It only works this way in basketball. The officiating system in the NBA is more tainted than ANY other sport I can think of, and I'm sure you agree...PeACe

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »

Exactly. It's a flaw in the system and why NBA officiating has fallen apart, the fact that we've come to accept that...Also, hated superstars do not get the same treatment, no matter how good they are.

It's not in every sport, basketball is the only sport where someone falling with the closest person being 2-3 feet can be called a foul AND have it be accepted with no consequences whatsoever for the official responsible...Refs can take over the game of basketball when a player makes them mad. For example, imagine in baseball, if the pitcher said something to the umpire he didn't like, and he started calling strikes as balls...It only works this way in basketball. The officiating system in the NBA is more tainted than ANY other sport I can think of, and I'm sure you agree...PeACe

i agree for the most part...but even the stars who seem to not be media whores still get the calls...instead of jordan and russell,say it was Kobe and Doug Christie,i doubt the result would be different.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 03:23:02 PM »

i agree for the most part...but even the stars who seem to not be media whores still get the calls...instead of jordan and russell,say it was Kobe and Doug Christie,i doubt the result would be different.

Kobe does not get superstar calls, watch a Laker game and listen to Stu Lantz when the refs start missing obvious calls on Kobe...I'd say it's about the same with Carmelo, only I think Kobe is even less respected than Melo...Wade and LeBron, especially, for some reason, have the utmost respect of NBA officials...

Citizen-Y

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 03:27:14 PM »

Christie got called for a blocking foul after kobe swung his elboys and nailed him in the nose.

And yes I was kidding about the Jordan shot.  Ever heard of "swallow the whistle and let them play?" there you go.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 03:29:27 PM »
Great pitchers and great hitters get a lot of strikes and balls called their way.  It's especially noticeable if it's like Greg Maddux vs Cole Hamels, that's how it's always been. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 03:57:31 PM »
Great pitchers and great hitters get a lot of strikes and balls called their way.  It's especially noticeable if it's like Greg Maddux vs Cole Hamels, that's how it's always been. 

Umpires don't take over games the way NBA officials do...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
Forcing pitchers to change their location of pitches is enough for me to think that the Umpires has taking over the game. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 04:02:21 PM »
Forcing pitchers to change their location of pitches is enough for me to think that the Umpires has taking over the game. 

LOL, you just wanna rebut everything I say...This is known, no official in any league has as much power and is tolerated as much as the NBA official. Mike Mathis, who was head of the NBA officiating union for 11 years, has spoken out about this and spilled lots of detail...The umpire example is from him. I'll take his word over yours...