Author Topic: Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements...  (Read 2702 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements...
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2007, 04:05:56 PM »
Oh my fucking god. I've stated pure facts, end of fucking discussion. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2007, 04:07:27 PM »
i'd say baseball umps have more power to take over games.  they don't do instant replay for  a bad pitch call. also umps are the only reffs who decide or judge every play of the game. it's up to the ump if it's a ball or a strike. safe or out. swing or non, foul or fair.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 04:35:02 PM »
NIK, shut the fuck up.  You are a goddamned troll.  People disagree all the time.  Deal with it and quit being a bitch.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49:28 PM »
I gotta side with NIK on this 1...that jordan push was a foul
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »

LMFAO@reading the post above yours, followed by yours...Then people wonder why they're nuthuggers.

i'd say baseball umps have more power to take over games. 

ROFLMFAO. :-X

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »

LMFAO@reading the post above yours, followed by yours...Then people wonder why they're nuthuggers.

lmao irony at it's finest ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
"A ref has more power than a coach or a player to determine the outcome of a basketball game"
-Mike Mathis, NBA ref 1976-2001. Head of NBA Officiating Union for 11 years.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 05:34:45 PM »
"A ref has more power than a coach or a player to determine the outcome of a basketball game"

of course they do. But any good coach would tell their players not to worry about the refs and play their game. the calls eventually even out. refs arent anymore perfect then players or coaches. why bitch about the shit you cant control. anybody who continuously uses the refs as their scapegoat for losing has absolutely ZERO confidence in themself or their team. its so easy to blame the refs. and EVERY once in a while you can make a legit case for a ref completely blowing one. but to go on and on about the refs is just bitchmade. Whats even funnier to me is how many people whine about refs, blame them for losses....but never give them credit for victories. When one bad call is made, theres victim and a beneficiary. The guy or team who benefits never says "wow, that ref really helped us win the game". EVERY single team/player in the league has been a victim of a bad call....and has benefited from a bad call. Kind of funny how they only whine instead of praise.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »
^damn nigga you a tight poster, you a alias?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 05:47:10 PM »
the superstars will get the call or non-call 99% of the time though...its always been that way and always will be...did MJ push off? absolutely. Refs miss calls in every game,in every sport.favoritism no doubt, but its not a scandal.

Exactly. It's a flaw in the system and why NBA officiating has fallen apart, the fact that we've come to accept that...Also, hated superstars do not get the same treatment, no matter how good they are.

Something needs to be done.

It's not in every sport, basketball is the only sport where someone falling with the closest person being 2-3 feet can be called a foul AND have it be accepted with no consequences whatsoever for the official responsible...Refs can take over the game of basketball when a player makes them mad. For example, imagine in baseball, if the pitcher said something to the umpire he didn't like, and he started calling strikes as balls...It only works this way in basketball. The officiating system in the NBA is more tainted than ANY other sport I can think of, and I'm sure you agree...PeACe

Boxing has them beat.

All there is, is this Donaghy thing. Its so overdramatic. So many people are just using this as an opportunity to bash all refs. Its so stupid. The officials in the NBA probably have a harder job then any of the other officials in major sports in the US. This one ref was obviously the exception. If anybody blames him for their losses, then they need to also blame him for their victories.

As for teams in the NBA, they have it good. Look at the Oakland Raiders. Im not saying theres a conspiracy or anything. But one franchise, leads the league every single year in penalties. Over the last 15 years theyve probably gone through 10 different coaches and who knows how many different players. And damn near every single year STILL lead the league in penalties. Id imagine at least 1 or 2 of those guys came in and said...."hey, we're not gonna committ as many penalties this year". How does that even make sense? They arent a "dirty" team these days and havent been for like 30 yrs. Al Davis has had his lawsuits against the league, and I dont think they particularly care for him. But like I said, im not crying foul....but as a Raider fan I would have far more right to then any NBA franchise would.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »

thanks homie, and maybe, maybe not  ;)

Citizen-Y

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »
the superstars will get the call or non-call 99% of the time though...its always been that way and always will be...did MJ push off? absolutely. Refs miss calls in every game,in every sport.favoritism no doubt, but its not a scandal.

Exactly. It's a flaw in the system and why NBA officiating has fallen apart, the fact that we've come to accept that...Also, hated superstars do not get the same treatment, no matter how good they are.

It's not in every sport, basketball is the only sport where someone falling with the closest person being 2-3 feet can be called a foul AND have it be accepted with no consequences whatsoever for the official responsible...Refs can take over the game of basketball when a player makes them mad. For example, imagine in baseball, if the pitcher said something to the umpire he didn't like, and he started calling strikes as balls...It only works this way in basketball. The officiating system in the NBA is more tainted than ANY other sport I can think of, and I'm sure you agree...PeACe

Boxing has them beat.

All there is, is this Donaghy thing. Its so overdramatic. So many people are just using this as an opportunity to bash all refs. Its so stupid. The officials in the NBA probably have a harder job then any of the other officials in major sports in the US. This one ref was obviously the exception. If anybody blames him for their losses, then they need to also blame him for their victories.

As for teams in the NBA, they have it good. Look at the Oakland Raiders. Im not saying theres a conspiracy or anything. But one franchise, leads the league every single year in penalties. Over the last 15 years theyve probably gone through 10 different coaches and who knows how many different players. And damn near every single year STILL lead the league in penalties. Id imagine at least 1 or 2 of those guys came in and said...."hey, we're not gonna committ as many penalties this year". How does that even make sense? They arent a "dirty" team these days and havent been for like 30 yrs. Al Davis has had his lawsuits against the league, and I dont think they particularly care for him. But like I said, im not crying foul....but as a Raider fan I would have far more right to then any NBA franchise would.

The Raiders problem is Al Davis.  "Just win baby" translates into no discipline into his players.  What's Kiffen going to do if Jamarcus Russell doesn't show up on time for a meeting?  Fine him?  He'll go to Al and will tell him not to pay and "Just win baby."

Gotta love Al though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »

of course they do. But any good coach would tell their players not to worry about the refs and play their game. the calls eventually even out. refs arent anymore perfect then players or coaches. why bitch about the shit you cant control. anybody who continuously uses the refs as their scapegoat for losing has absolutely ZERO confidence in themself or their team. its so easy to blame the refs. and EVERY once in a while you can make a legit case for a ref completely blowing one. but to go on and on about the refs is just bitchmade. Whats even funnier to me is how many people whine about refs, blame them for losses....but never give them credit for victories. When one bad call is made, theres victim and a beneficiary. The guy or team who benefits never says "wow, that ref really helped us win the game". EVERY single team/player in the league has been a victim of a bad call....and has benefited from a bad call. Kind of funny how they only whine instead of praise.

You're missing the point, bro. The state of reffing in the NBA is getting worse and worse, while the game and its athletes are progressing. This is no good for the integrity of the game, and something needs to be done soon...Tim Donaghy going under the radar and even being promoted as a top ref is a perfect example. I think this is the turning point for NBA refs...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »

Yup...One of the few people who've been able to hold a logical debate with me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2007, 06:33:53 PM »

Boxing has them beat.

LMAO@thinking Donaghy is the only one...He's the only one who spoke up, man. Come on, now, you KNOW this. And don't act like the officiating in the NBA has only now been questioned as of late, people have been speaking about how horrible the league has become with its shitty system for years now...Nowadays, NBA players are adapting to refs, and it's SUPPOSED to be the other way around. The problem is people like you who sit there and tolerate this, and comments implying your acceptance of the system like "don't whine about it"...NO, I don't think the bad calls even out, since now we have a good idea of why they're being made (to cover spreads/keep scores close or distant)...PeACe
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:37:01 PM by Now_I_Know »