Author Topic: Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements...  (Read 2663 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements...
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2007, 03:07:14 PM »
Jake, sometimes you're just completely out of it, dude. The way you tend to take your invalid thoughts so seriously, it's a mockery man...Mike Mathis was just on KLAC a few days back speaking about how much more power an NBA official obviously has and how much less they are held accountable for their actions than in any other league, and EVERYONE on the station agreed, their is no question...Same thing with his interview on ESPN Radio. Sometime I think you make up these arguments just for the sake of arguing..

lol @ NIK using the media AND ESPN when it's convieniant.

anyways dude

he's an NBA official of corse he's going to side with his profession. lol. like i said an MLB Ump is responsibile for 95% of the plays in baseball. At most NBA refs are responsible for 50%. NBA refs don't blow the whistle and decide wether a  dunk counts as a basket or not  unless it's  offensive interference or shot clock violation.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sparegeez

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2007, 11:23:02 PM »
Jake, sometimes you're just completely out of it, dude. The way you tend to take your invalid thoughts so seriously, it's a mockery man...Mike Mathis was just on KLAC a few days back speaking about how much more power an NBA official obviously has and how much less they are held accountable for their actions than in any other league, and EVERYONE on the station agreed, their is no question...Same thing with his interview on ESPN Radio. Sometime I think you make up these arguments just for the sake of arguing..

lol @ NIK using the media AND ESPN when it's convieniant.

anyways dude

he's an NBA official of corse he's going to side with his profession. lol. like i said an MLB Ump is responsibile for 95% of the plays in baseball. At most NBA refs are responsible for 50%. NBA refs don't blow the whistle and decide wether a  dunk counts as a basket or not  unless it's  offensive interference or shot clock violation.

I'm sorry Jake but I'mma have to side with NIK on this one. The refs in basketball are in more control than the umpires in baseball. If an umpire keeps on fucking up, I'm pretty sure he would be tossed in a matter of weeks. But basketball, is way to close for someone to tell if it's a foul or not.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2007, 02:33:05 PM »
Is that not a different point though?

Baseball umpires have much more opportunity in theory to control the outcome of a game, which is what Jake is saying.

NBA referees have less control over the outcome of a game, but without the necessary accountability in place, they are more likely to try and do so than maybe a Baseball umpire would.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
^exactly.

and umps make very questionable calls too.  i mean you see baseball managers arguing more with umps than you do nba head coaches arguing with refs. mostly probably because of david stern's bias towards the officials but still even before that. you see that.

i don't know MLB umps have more justification for 'fixing' games. because from their viewpoint the margin of error is so big.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »
Is that not a different point though?

Baseball umpires have much more opportunity in theory to control the outcome of a game, which is what Jake is saying.

NBA referees have less control over the outcome of a game, but without the necessary accountability in place, they are more likely to try and do so than maybe a Baseball umpire would.

That's not really true, due to the fact that umpires are way more likely to be held accountable for their actions...Something that isn't even close to being a foul can be called a foul in the NBA, with no outrage whatsoever from the NBA...and what happens if the players or coaches say something about it or bring up a concern? FINED!...Anyone who knows about the subject will understand what's going on in both leagues, and the amount of power that NBA refs are given is BLATANTLY unparallelled...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »
but see fouls arn't called on every play, even the worst officiated games don't have that. an ump can callmore potentially bad plays. he can say that a strike was a ball and claim he had a bad view point.

it's not like they're throwing umps out of games. more times in the MLB than the NBA umps are throwing out managers/players for quesionable calls than in the NBA (even with rasheed wallace still playing) . sure players and coaches get fined for speaking out, but let's use brad penny and kobe bryant as an example

if a ref had it out for kobe , he could still light it up for 40 points

however if an ump had it out for brad penny he couldn't really do anything because an ump is judging all of his plays

you know what i'm saying kobe makes a basket, it's a basket (unless it's a charge). he's not judged on whether or not it went in the hole.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
^^The difference is, the ref who had it in for Brad Penny would be held responsible...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2007, 04:06:22 PM »
elaborate? how so?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2007, 04:16:56 PM »
NBA= refs have been under fire for sabotaging games for years now, with nothing being said or done, and now THIS happens, only because the guy who did it spoke up...

MLB= still waiting to hear some ref scandals from the MLB, Jakob. Lets hear about all the uproar people have had about how terrible MLB refs are? How many championship teams have been questioned based on reffing? Eh?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
again elaborate how an MLB Umpire would be held resposible.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »
again elaborate how an MLB Umpire would be held resposible.

If an MLB umpire was clearly sabotaging a game, best believe there'd be major heat under him...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »
heat from who? the league or the media. you need to elabortate. you cann't say that the media doesn't put heat under the NBA .

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2007, 11:01:24 PM »
heat from who? the league or the media. you need to elabortate. you cann't say that the media doesn't put heat under the NBA .

Exactly...The media puts heat under the NBA and the league does nothing...When was the last time there was a majority outrage about reffing in MLB? If an MLB umpire sabotaged a game, and it was obvious, the LEAGUE would do something. Not the case in basketball.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »
This whole argument is pointless between you too. Neither of you guys are really wrong. theres just no way to prove that one official has more power then another.

Besides, who needs dirty refs when you have steroids?! lol

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »
This whole argument is pointless between you too. Neither of you guys are really wrong. theres just no way to prove that one official has more power then another.

Besides, who needs dirty refs when you have steroids?! lol

Steroids have been around for a long ass time.  McGuire and Bonds weren't the first athletes taking them.