Author Topic: Will.I.Am Has Love On The Brain For Solo Debut  (Read 168 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Will.I.Am Has Love On The Brain For Solo Debut
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:06:57 AM »
Black Eyed Peas leader will.i.am says he's "really excited and nervous at the same time" about becoming a solo artist with the Sept. 25 release of "Songs About Girls."

"I was like, 'How and why should I put out a solo project?' I could just do another Black Eyed Peas record," he tells Billboard.com. The hook, he says, was making "Songs About Girls" a semi-autobiographical conceptual piece "where all the songs could tell a story of falling in love, falling out of love, trying to get back in love, destructing love and destroying love and then starting a new situation. That journey is what makes this unique."

The first single from "Songs About Girls," a club track called "I Got It From My Mama," is currently on its way to Top 40 and Rhythm Crossover stations. The album features only one guest star, Snoop Dogg, on the electroclash-styled track "Donque."

Besides the album's 12 songs, will.i.am shot videos for eight of the tracks and stitched them together into "a movie about making a movie" that will accompany the CD. The album will also include a new digital platform developed by will.i.am and Interscope Record chief Jimmy Iovine that allows fans to share in revenues generated by sales and sharing of the player.

will.i.am plans to perform some of the "Songs About Girls" material live when Black Eyed Peas hit the road for a two-month international tour on Sept. 4 in Israel. The group will play in Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, South America and Mexico but not in North America. "There's no Black Eyed Peas record out," he explains, "and America's weird like that. If you ain't got nothing in the marketplace, (the fans) ain't showing up."

will.i.am -- who's also been producing for Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Chris Brown -- says he's about half finished with constructing tracks for the next Black Eyed Peas album, which he hopes to have out in the fourth quarter of 2008. Meanwhile, Fergie is continuing to ride high on the success of her double-platinum solo debut, "The Duchess," while group members apl.de.ap and Taboo are finishing their own solo projects.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Will.I.Am Has Love On The Brain For Solo Debut
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 10:26:28 AM »
Wills a genius, im sure it will be dope if its not too Fergilicious.

It seems so wrong to mention Chris Browns name in the same sentence as Mike and Whitney.

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »
Call me crazy, but I think this sounds cool.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »
He's so wack.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
a few things...

Will.I.Am is a very talented dude.  He doesn't necessarily make joints that I'd bump, in fact I often turn it off if I hear it.  But you can't deny the dude is talented.  And he actually does know his Hip Hop.

As far as the concept of the album, didn't Andre 3000 just make this album with "The Love Below"?'

And Fergie went double platinum?  I thought nobody could go platinum anymore because of illegal downloading?  I'll be happy when that excuse fucking dies.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 10:02:53 AM »
yeah he is def talented, will be interesting to see what direction he goes on this album

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »
will propally be worth checking out.. I hope there will be some tracks with same style as Common - I Have A Dream

StevenQBosell

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
He actually lives down the street from me here in Los Feliz.

He's a cool cat, even though I don't dig his music, he's always shown me and the dude I do music with (Zodiak Killa), much love.

He's actually a cool down to earth cat considering he has so much money, and influence... he'll still just talk to you, and has no bodyguards or nothing when he's roaming around L.A.

With that said, I think I'll give his solo shit a chance.

My wife loves that Fergie record, there's a few joints on there that aren't bad...

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 10:23:25 AM »

He's a cool cat, even though I don't dig his music, he's always shown me and the dude I do music with (Zodiak Killa), much love.

He's actually a cool down to earth cat considering he has so much money, and influence... he'll still just talk to you, and has no bodyguards or nothing when he's roaming around L.A.

My wife loves that Fergie record, there's a few joints on there that aren't bad...

Good to hear that he is a down-to-earth person.. That is how I allways thought of him..

StevenQBosell

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »

Good to hear that he is a down-to-earth person.. That is how I allways thought of him..

Actually now that I thin of it, I've knoen him before the Black Eyed Peas were a "real group"

My homeboy was dating this big tittied, video vixen named Deena, and she was there before Fergie... me and dude say all the time, "Damn you was fucking the og Fergie"

Altgough Deena couldn't sing for shit.

All the BEP except for Fergie went to my high school, John Marshall High

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
Cool to hear :)

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »

LOL @ the reasoning there  ;D

That "TASTY" bridge in Fergilicious is hot. Other than that, Fergie is corny as hell, but Will.I.Am knows how to make good tunes.