Author Topic: Smokers...peep game  (Read 294 times)

Secondz Away

• Lil Geezy
Smokers...peep game
« on: July 26, 2007, 06:29:09 PM »
July 18th 2007

from the R.T.D.A. ( Retail Tobacco Dealers of America )

" As some of you may already know, the United States Senate is currently considering legislation that will excesively Tax all premium tobacco products. The proposed taxes in the current Senate Finance Committe proposal to fund expansion of the State Childrens Health Insuarnce Program (SCHIP) soley through higher tabacco taxes will have a draconian impact on the cigar industry. Indeed, it is the biggest threat to the industry since President Clinton's proposal in the early 1990s to fund universal health care on the back of the tabacco industry.

Under the current proposal, the large cigar tax rate would increase 156.4% ( from 20.719% to 53.13% of the manufacturer's selling price ) and the current tax cap would of around $0.05 per cigar would increase to an astounding 20,413% to $10 per cigar - essentially making the cap irrelevant. All large would effectively be taxed at 53.13% of the manufacturer's selling price. IN ALL OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE, NO OTHER PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO AN EXCISE TAX THAT APPROACHES THIS LEVEL. "

I know that this might not mean anything to alot of you, but people like myself that are in Cigar Industry, or the pholkz that just enjoy a good smoke. It's going to kill the cigar business, not to mention put people like myself out of work.

Fuccin Gov....You can contact your State Senetor and tell them this is bullshyt, or you can email chris@rtda.org with any questions.
"I'm Secondz Away from goin insane, I need to get away" D-Dubb

StevenQBosell

Re: Smokers...peep game
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »
hmm, it was my understanding that it was only one specific type of cigar.

I could be wrong, but I know this could be a slippery slope.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
whats the big deal? if you want cheap tobacco go live in thd 3rd world (I was buying a whole carton of 200 cigarettes for $2 in Laos and Cambodia, a single pack of 20 costs $11 in the UK) In Britain we have high taxes on tobacco it doesn't really reduce demand but it does help pay for the treatment of smoking related diseases.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 07:41:41 AM »

The income from smoking taxes covers the health costs very easily I expect. It is something I will read into, but when you consider the massive profits these companies post each and every year, it really wouldn't be a surprise.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 06:27:34 PM »
a single pack of 20 costs $11 in the UK

thats why i smoke rolling backy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 01:58:10 PM »
Would this affect Swisher Sweets?

StevenQBosell

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:32:02 PM »
Would this affect Swisher Sweets?

I don't think so, TO MY UNDERSTANDING (which could be wrong), it only applies to one certain cigar.

Again I could be wrong, but I listen to a lot of political talk radio, and this has been a topic galore...

Secondz Away

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »
this will affect anything that falls under the catagorey of "Premium Tobacco".....so I think its safe to say swisher sweets will be ok...lol

Yes It will only affect One type of cigar, the problem is....that one type of cigar......is any "Hand Rolled cigar that requies humidification"........more to the point, nothing that is machine rolled will be affected, sense it is not classified as premium tobacco. Machined rolled tobacco, like SS, black n milds, garcia vega...etc etc.....undergo a very different aging process than hand rolled......you lose alot of flavor and the quality of the leaf seriously drops....premium smokes must be maintained as were machine smokes can be stored on shelves with no concern to temp or humidity.....as were a premium hand rolled cigar will start to ruin if left un-humidified for more than 2 hours.
"I'm Secondz Away from goin insane, I need to get away" D-Dubb

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »
So Swisher Sweets,Philly Blunts and Black n Milds are not affected by this?
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Konvict

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »
NO THEY WONT BE AFFECTED ONLY PREMIUM TOBACCO CIGARS LIKE HAND ROLLED ONES YOU BUY IN A TOBACCO SHOP