Author Topic: Republicans abstaining from YouTube debates  (Read 539 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Republicans abstaining from YouTube debates
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 07:38:45 AM »
Ron Paul is an idiot. The US foreign policy is what is caussing Islamic terrorism??  Newsflash....Islamic terror is a widespread phenomenon. Muslims are committing terror across the globe....US, UK, Spain, Russia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. Hell, Canada broke up a huge terror cell last year of Muslims plotting attacks in that country. How many bases does Canada have in the Middle East? How many troops do they have in Iraq?

If the US disappeared tommorow, Islamic terror would still thrive.  And that fact alone proves that Ron Paul is dellusional.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 08:52:58 AM »
Ron Paul is an idiot. The US foreign policy is what is caussing Islamic terrorism??  Newsflash....Islamic terror is a widespread phenomenon. Muslims are committing terror across the globe....US, UK, Spain, Russia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. Hell, Canada broke up a huge terror cell last year of Muslims plotting attacks in that country. How many bases does Canada have in the Middle East? How many troops do they have in Iraq?

If the US disappeared tommorow, Islamic terror would still thrive.  And that fact alone proves that Ron Paul is dellusional.

Paul was simply restating what the intelligent reports said. You and most republicans make it seem like Paul just pulled the theory out of his ass.

The attack in Canada was a joke. Most of the punks arrested were a bunch of stupid kids that couldn't blow up a balloon much less a part of the city. I knew some of them personally, and they are all being quietly released with no charges. These weren't major terrorists, they were just arabic versions of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

And Tech; Guliiani may have had the crowd for the first few seconds but Paul was taking them back. One of the major reasons everyone just ignores him in the media. The other major part of his campaign that will make every republican, independant, and many democrats turn their heads and listen is the fact that he plans on eliminating income tax.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 09:58:15 AM »

You are trying to communicate with someone whose mental age seems to surpass no more than 5 shallow, you will have to dumb it down a little more than that!. By the way, what was the deal with the people arrested in canada then? i heard it was a sting operation where basicaly the RCMP dropped fertiliser off and when they were in receipt of it, they arrested them.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »
I don't balme the Republicans. Did anyone actually see the You Tube debates? They were so goofy and silly, with videos showing talking snowmen, hillbilliees, etc.

We are talking about the presidency of the United States....let's  be a little more sophisticated.

if we were more sophisticated Bush wouldn't be our president
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 08:09:20 AM »

You are trying to communicate with someone whose mental age seems to surpass no more than 5 shallow, you will have to dumb it down a little more than that!. By the way, what was the deal with the people arrested in canada then? i heard it was a sting operation where basicaly the RCMP dropped fertiliser off and when they were in receipt of it, they arrested them.

I'm not saying their wasn't any intent in any of the terror suspects, but intent and intelligence are two different things. This wasn't a group of deadly terrorists. This was a group of outcast nerds who thought it'd be cool to play Taliban. There was a far greater chance of these guys accidentally killing themselves trying to make a bomb than there was of them successfully pulling off the intended crime. I'm not sure how many are still in custody and how many are out. There were two groups involved. One group was really trying to do it the other was just part of the same mosque. Most of those kids are being released or will be soon. The one kid I do know from around the neighborhood was released a couple months after. He said they just have you sit in a dark room with no lights and no communication with anyone and you just wait. In his case it was several weeks. I can only imagine how it feels after a year plus. I know the broter of one of the other guys in there and he hasn't spoken to his brother at all since he went in, and neither has his mother or father.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »
No I understand what you are saying, but like you said it's one thing to have intent it's another thing to have the ability to carry out and execute the plans in a professional manner. Which raises questions about the RCMP's conduct in all of this, as these were just simply a gang of crazy punks, they could never do it themselves and so therefore the sting operation was not a sting operation to clear the streets of dangerous individuals and more a deliberate cynical calculated attempt at spreading the fear factor of the so called war on terror. It's also interesting to note that from reading canadian online publications, that this was all politically timed because this group had been watched for a long time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:55:40 AM by virtuoso »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »

No I understand what you are saying, but like you said it's one thing to have intent it's another thing to have the ability to carry out and execute the plans in a professional manner. Which raises questions about the RCMP's confuct in all of this, as these were just simply a gang of crazy punks, they could never do it themselves and so therefore the sting operation was not a sting operation to clear the streets of dangerous individuals and more a deliberate cynical calculated attempt at spreading the fear factor of the so called war on terror. It's also interesting to note that from reading canadian online publications, that this was all politically timed because this group had been watched for a long time.

The political timing was another key factor. Governments and media constantly band together to create a fuss and get people emotional. Rather than releasing monthly reports of where are tax dollars are going and why it needs to be spent the way it is, they just find a sensational story every so often and pump it down our throats. Whether it be blockades on supposed native land that shut down an entire town, or gunfights the day after Christmas that leave 5 wounded and one dead, or Jamaicans killing each other in the street over disprespect, or a police officer sadly being killed on the job. It's not that I don't feel for the victims in those cases but for everyone one gun shooting victim, angry native and dead cop there dozens upon dozens of early heart attacks, strokes, drownings, and vehicular homicides. Yet those stories take a back seat. People die, that's just the way life goes. At the end of the day we just have to accept, do our best to prolong it, and move on. What people don't have to accept is 30 to 50 percent of our income being stolen by the government. We don't have to accept government funded monopolies sucking the life out of industry and services. All these penalties, permits and taxes need to go, but as long as people in Toronto are too busy worrying about being shot in the street by an angry Jamaican, living near a marijuana grow op, or trying to stop carbon dioxide from destroying the planet, those burdens on our society will never go away.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:12:29 AM by Shallow »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »

Ageed +1

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 02:46:58 PM »

We are talking about the presidency of the United States....let's  be a little more sophisticated.

says the Bush fan  :D
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »
Just read earlier that the debate is still on, it's just been rescheduled.  I'll post the date in a minute. 

And there isn't a Republican candidate that would EVER want to go toe to toe with Paul in any debate.  He's won every one so far.  They're scared shitless of him.  They're not gonna praise his ideas, they're not gonna ridicule his ideas because he always comes off looking better.  Their strategy is to just ignore him and blackball him.

And yes, thus far it's only Paul and McCain as far as the big names go. 

I beg to differ. these republicans would love to go toe to toe with Paul because the ignorant home crowd theyll be debating in front of, will be too stupid to realize the ether that Paul would drop.

witness Guilianis mind numbling stupid response to Paul re: 9/11 attackers and their motivations. Guiliania disputed a proven fact  and got a standing ovation

and im not surpirsed these republicans are shook. i bet half of their electoral base doesnt even know how to upload a video onto youtube

True, but that was argueably the biggerst moment in that debate.  That got Paul a lot more exposure than he would have gotten.  And when he was asked in subsequent interviews he had his time to fully explain his stance, which when rational people hear that they can actually agree.  In the end Rudy came off looking like an uninformed dumbfuck. 

And I know Paul invited Guiliani to debate the topic 1 on 1 at a later date and Guiliani refused.  He's shook.