Author Topic: New Raekwon Interview, talks about the new Wu album and OBCL II  (Read 398 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: New Raekwon Interview, talks about the new Wu album and OBCL II
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 11:47:30 AM »
Here's my thing.  It might be dope to have Dre's influence here and there, but if the cost is Interscope fucking up his release with no promotion and endless limbo on a release date - motherfuck all that.  And now there's comments from Rae saying that he's not getting any quality time from Dre.  How many times can we hear these same fuckin stories? I didn't like it from the get when I heard he was fuckin w/ Interscope.  Fuck Interscope, Jimmy, and Dre - go release the shit on SRC. 

I don't believe it'll ever drop on Interscope.

I agree.. what is SRC?

It's ran by the dude who ran the now defunct Loud records (Mobb Deep, Xzibit, Krayzie Bone, etc.)
What does it stand for?

SRC

Steve Rifkind is the SR...C maybe for Company?  I don't know that part for sure.  I believe SRC is putting out 8 Diagrams.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
Here's my thing.  It might be dope to have Dre's influence here and there, but if the cost is Interscope fucking up his release with no promotion and endless limbo on a release date - motherfuck all that.  And now there's comments from Rae saying that he's not getting any quality time from Dre.  How many times can we hear these same fuckin stories? I didn't like it from the get when I heard he was fuckin w/ Interscope.  Fuck Interscope, Jimmy, and Dre - go release the shit on SRC. 

I don't believe it'll ever drop on Interscope.

I agree.. what is SRC?

It's ran by the dude who ran the now defunct Loud records (Mobb Deep, Xzibit, Krayzie Bone, etc.)
What does it stand for?

SRC

Steve Rifkind is the SR...C maybe for Company?  I don't know that part for sure.  I believe SRC is putting out 8 Diagrams.
Aight, thanks

Efrain

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »
Wow, I'm utterly shocked. You mean to tell me that move to Interscope was a bad idea? Who would have imagined Raekwon being shelved on aftermath with no production attention from Dre, or label support from Jimmy?? ...oh wait a minute, everyone predicted that.

Releasing the album next summer?... independently? Yeah, right. Thanks for nothing Rae.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »
Wow, I'm utterly shocked. You mean to tell me that move to Interscope was a bad idea? Who would have imagined Raekwon being shelved on aftermath with no production attention from Dre, or label support from Jimmy?? ...oh wait a minute, everyone predicted that.

Releasing the album next summer?... independently? Yeah, right. Thanks for nothing Rae.

LOL
Sad
But
So
So
So
True

DAMN U INTERSCOPE DIE ALREADY STOP FUCKIN MY MUSIC PLAYERS OVER

StevenQBosell

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 10:37:04 PM »

lmao, that's on point... hopefully he'll even be able to release his material, like King T, and hopefully not get totally shelved like all Rakims material.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 01:23:13 AM »
What I dont understand is why everyone saw this coming except Dre and Raekwon.  Dre and Interscope only put out commercial shit, and Rae aint pop.  So why waste Raekwons time.  Dre knew this record would never drop, so why sign this cat in the first place.  Somebody needs to slap some sense into Dre.  Dre needs to just go ahead and retire.  How many times do we have to read about Dre  signing artists and then not even spending the time to record with them.  The nigga only wants to work 3 days outta the year so he might as well just make it official and retire already.