Author Topic: Anyone good with TV's and speaker systems and shit?  (Read 80 times)

bez

Anyone good with TV's and speaker systems and shit?
« on: July 30, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »
We have recently bought a brand new 50inch Samsung flat screen television and four speakers. My parents are having trouble setting up the speakers to play sound out of every speaker while you are watching televison. When we are watching movies, its great. The sound comes out of all four speakers and the subwoofer, but when we watch television we can either get none to work or just two and the subwoofer, does anyone know why this is?

My parents think it is because DVDs and films have 5.1 sound and therefore all speakers will play the sound, but I disagree. I think there is definetly a way to get the sound on all speakers while just watching normal television programs. Is anyone experienced in this area that can give me some advice, and even some hints and tips on how to get the best out of the system would be great.

Cheers!

Al Bundy

Re: Anyone good with TV's and speaker systems and shit?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »
how are you hooking up the TV feed? what kind of cables?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Anyone good with TV's and speaker systems and shit?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »
Your parents might be right about the 5.1...Even if you did get them all, it would just make it louder.