Author Topic: Sean Kingston - Sean Kingston leaked (14 J.R. Rotem tracks)  (Read 991 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Sean Kingston - Sean Kingston leaked (14 J.R. Rotem tracks)
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »
What's so bad about Beautiful Girls? Granted it pales in comparison to the song that the sample comes from but how many loves songs really stand up to Ben E King's classic. For a pop love song I like the vocal melody and the lyrics. I'll take

You're way too beautiful girl
That's why it'll never work
You'll have me suicidal, suicidal
When you say it's over
Damn all these beautiful girls
They only wanna do your dirt
They'll have you suicidal, suicidal
When they say it's over

over

Move Bitch Get Out The Way, Get Out The Way, Get Out the Way.

The kid is 17 after all.

Lol. Cuz he's a rapper who switches to T-Pain style like in a sec. The vocal sucks. I actually laughed when I saw the vid. I thought Sean Kingston was gonna be a hard ass gangsta rapper. no homo

btw,
Move Bitch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beautiful Girl

I think the vocals are fine for a reggae song. They sound honest. No one ever confused Bob Marley for David Ruffin as far as singing was concerned but he made it work. I don't know maybe it's because I grew up around a lot of Jamaicans and it's refereshing to see an american song with a reggae feel that sounds legimiately Jamaican.

You think saying "Move Bitch" followed by "Get out The Way" three times is better than the Beatiful Girls chorus?

You seem like someone that only listens to rap.

It's all about opinions, and imo it is, yes

No, I'm not

Opinions only go so far. I'm not talking about the tracks as a whole. Just to clarify fully I mean the lyrical aspect of each chorus. One is a stupid attempt at being funny while being sexist and only uses 6 words the other is a half decent attmept at pop lyrics about young love. Could you at least explain your position. Saying "it's my opinion" and leaving it at that accomplishes nothing.

The beautiful girl chorus at least conveys a real meaning. It's a young boy frustrated by his own emotions and his victimhood of the shallow aspects of society with regards to outer beauty. As well as the perpetrator aspects by the girls in that same society. The Move Bitch chorus is 6 words further asserting Luda's frustration with groupies and gold diggers and how he wants to inflict violence on them. That's why I prefer one over the other.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2007, 09:40:44 PM »
I prefer Move Bitch too.  Sure, the lyrics are deeper in Beautiful Girls, but the simple fact is that I don't like the song.  I don't like the feel of it, I don't like the production, and I don't like the vocals.  Lyrics only get you so far.  And the Move Bitch chorus is good for what it's supposed to be - a few catchy words that are quotable.  That song isn't supposed to express anything other than "you need to get the fuck out of my way and watch me shine, hater."  That's a good message too IMO.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2007, 09:58:58 PM »
JR is the best producer in the game right now, hands down. That Kingston beat is crazy! He just knows where to go with the music consistently, whereas other solid producers like Storch are hit or miss.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2007, 10:36:14 PM »
I prefer Move Bitch too.  Sure, the lyrics are deeper in Beautiful Girls, but the simple fact is that I don't like the song.  I don't like the feel of it, I don't like the production, and I don't like the vocals.  Lyrics only get you so far.  And the Move Bitch chorus is good for what it's supposed to be - a few catchy words that are quotable.  That song isn't supposed to express anything other than "you need to get the fuck out of my way and watch me shine, hater."  That's a good message too IMO.

1. I'm not talking about either track as a whole. I was talking about just the lyrics in the chorus. But how can you go wrong with the Stand By Me riff? Don't tell me you don't like Stand By Me.

2. Read the full lyrics to Luda's verse in that song. He is talking about violently attacking females. I know it's supposed to be funny. I just find it stupid. The only funny part is watching girls in clubs jump for joy and dance when it comes on. That's like seeing a bunch of black guys dancing to a country song with some guy yodeling "Move Nigger, Get Outta Ma Way, Outta Ma Way, Outta Ma Way".

3. The only reason Mobe Bitch even came up was because I was comparing the "stupidity" of Beautiful Girls to the other crap that's out there in the main stream.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2007, 11:10:42 PM »

1. I'm not talking about either track as a whole. I was talking about just the lyrics in the chorus. But how can you go wrong with the Stand By Me riff? Don't tell me you don't like Stand By Me.

2. Read the full lyrics to Luda's verse in that song. He is talking about violently attacking females. I know it's supposed to be funny. I just find it stupid. The only funny part is watching girls in clubs jump for joy and dance when it comes on. That's like seeing a bunch of black guys dancing to a country song with some guy yodeling "Move Nigger, Get Outta Ma Way, Outta Ma Way, Outta Ma Way".

3. The only reason Mobe Bitch even came up was because I was comparing the "stupidity" of Beautiful Girls to the other crap that's out there in the main stream.
OK, if you're not talking about either track as a whole, cool.  I see what you're saying about the lyrics being more thoughtful, and I agree.  I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it as much.  I've never heard the "Stand By Me" riff either, so I don't know about that.

I interepreted the lyrics to Luda's verse as talking shit to haters in general, I didn't think he meant girls specifically just because he says "bitch."  I think he just means "bitch" in the sense of a loser.  It is funny, and it is stupid also.

And you're right, "Beautiful Girls" is an intelligent song for mainstream radio, rather than A-Bay-Bay or something like that.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007, 03:30:28 AM »
What's so bad about Beautiful Girls? Granted it pales in comparison to the song that the sample comes from but how many loves songs really stand up to Ben E King's classic. For a pop love song I like the vocal melody and the lyrics. I'll take

You're way too beautiful girl
That's why it'll never work
You'll have me suicidal, suicidal
When you say it's over
Damn all these beautiful girls
They only wanna do your dirt
They'll have you suicidal, suicidal
When they say it's over

over

Move Bitch Get Out The Way, Get Out The Way, Get Out the Way.

The kid is 17 after all.

Lol. Cuz he's a rapper who switches to T-Pain style like in a sec. The vocal sucks. I actually laughed when I saw the vid. I thought Sean Kingston was gonna be a hard ass gangsta rapper. no homo

btw,
Move Bitch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beautiful Girl

I think the vocals are fine for a reggae song. They sound honest. No one ever confused Bob Marley for David Ruffin as far as singing was concerned but he made it work. I don't know maybe it's because I grew up around a lot of Jamaicans and it's refereshing to see an american song with a reggae feel that sounds legimiately Jamaican.

You think saying "Move Bitch" followed by "Get out The Way" three times is better than the Beatiful Girls chorus?

You seem like someone that only listens to rap.

It's all about opinions, and imo it is, yes

No, I'm not

Opinions only go so far. I'm not talking about the tracks as a whole. Just to clarify fully I mean the lyrical aspect of each chorus. One is a stupid attempt at being funny while being sexist and only uses 6 words the other is a half decent attmept at pop lyrics about young love. Could you at least explain your position. Saying "it's my opinion" and leaving it at that accomplishes nothing.

The beautiful girl chorus at least conveys a real meaning. It's a young boy frustrated by his own emotions and his victimhood of the shallow aspects of society with regards to outer beauty. As well as the perpetrator aspects by the girls in that same society. The Move Bitch chorus is 6 words further asserting Luda's frustration with groupies and gold diggers and how he wants to inflict violence on them. That's why I prefer one over the other.

I see what you're saying. what I don't see is why u compare BG with Move Bitch. lol
A real meaning u say? As for me, it's nothing more than the usual cliche type of lyrics.

Btw, the sample is ait, I like Stand By Me

kemizt

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2007, 08:55:29 AM »
Eddie - You've never heard one of the great pop love songs of all time? If today's RnB guys could sing a quarter as good as Ben E King we'd have a much better set of songs.

And Luda makes it pretty clear with his first verse that he's talking to a female.

K.Dub - Move Bitch was just the first song that popped in my head. I was just looking for a goofy pop type chrous that was all over place. It eaily could have been In The Club or Bootyliscious. The point was that while those songs are stupid attempts that weird comedy, Kingston's at least sounded like an honest attempt at exprsseing a feeling. Like Avril Lavigne's complicated.

It's not that I think it's all that intelligent, I just think it's pretty good or a) a 17 year old and b) in today's shitty scene. I'm not saying it's Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone. Now that was an iteliigent relationship song. If you haven't heard it, hear it, read the lyrics, and hear it again. Great song that changed the music forever.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
stand by me is one of the most incredible songs of all time, sad that 80% of people who hear this song wont know of the sample