Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Omar Cruz + New Single World Premiere!  (Read 1067 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Omar Cruz + New Single World Premiere!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 04:06:44 AM »
Props Eddie man, dope interview. And a shout out to Omar too, wish him all the success.

And Gooood daaaamn that track is tight as hell! Both the lyrics and production are top notch. BYI is going places with material like this.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »
Just checked out the interview. Like Crooked I, Omar always comes across as a very down-to-earth kinda guy. And he's articulate as well...unlike most rappers, who end practically every sentence with "you know what I mean homie?", "motherfucker this and that", ...lol, I can't stand that.

Anyways, dude seems to be a breath of fresh air on the West. Him & the B.Y.I. team actually put in thought in regards to an approach for "The Sign Of The Cruz". Definitely glad to hear that he stuck with his main producers Rome and Javie Lopez for his album. I'm digging their sound.

Btw, I found this part of the interview very interesting:

This album represents the struggle. It represents blood, sweat, and tears – not just from me, [but] from my people, my peers. We’ve just been overlooked in this game for so long that I feel that I’ve got to step up to the plate, and that’s what I’m doin’. Like I said, this album is covering a lot of subject matter you probably don’t hear on other albums today. There ain’t no steppin’ or snappin’ on this album. It’s some raw shit – street shit. I like to call it “reality rap,” because what you hear right now on the radio and in the clubs: it’s fantasy. [Other rappers] are putting a lifestyle out there that they can’t be living.

I know a lot of people think like me, [and] they’re tired of that shit, so I’m taking it back to the streets. Like I said, it’s not just for Latinos – it’s for hip-hop, period. I’m an MC – I happen to be Latino, and I’m proud of it. But I’m proud to be a respected MC [that is] respected by my peers, and I’m trying to be a force.

Cruz and the B.Y.I. team seem to have good vision of what they're aiming at with this album. Hopefully dude will get the proper recognition, not just on the West, but throughout the U.S. period.

Looking forward to find out who the surprise guests/producers are on his album 8) We all know Dr. Dre gave Omar some words of advice when he signed his deal with Interscope/Geffen, so who knows. Would be dope, that's for sure. But even if it's not Dre, I can't say I'll be disappointed. I'm sure the album itself will be worth checking out, regardless of any surprise guests.

And oh yeah: it's B.Y.I. bitch! ;D

Props on the interview Eddie. Good job 8)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »
Thanks for the great feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »
Eddie this is defently the type of interviews we need as fans of west coast music. Props for this one. So far the best interview in a while that I have read. West west you'll!!!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »
Props Eddie/Dubcnn..Y'all know what it is. The shit bangs! Props to O. Cruz...Rep for us on the West and get your paper homie....

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »
Just checked out the interview. Like Crooked I, Omar always comes across as a very down-to-earth kinda guy. And he's articulate as well...unlike most rappers, who end practically every sentence with "you know what I mean homie?", "motherfucker this and that", ...lol, I can't stand that.

Anyways, dude seems to be a breath of fresh air on the West. Him & the B.Y.I. team actually put in thought in regards to an approach for "The Sign Of The Cruz". Definitely glad to hear that he stuck with his main producers Rome and Javie Lopez for his album. I'm digging their sound.

Btw, I found this part of the interview very interesting:

This album represents the struggle. It represents blood, sweat, and tears – not just from me, [but] from my people, my peers. We’ve just been overlooked in this game for so long that I feel that I’ve got to step up to the plate, and that’s what I’m doin’. Like I said, this album is covering a lot of subject matter you probably don’t hear on other albums today. There ain’t no steppin’ or snappin’ on this album. It’s some raw shit – street shit. I like to call it “reality rap,” because what you hear right now on the radio and in the clubs: it’s fantasy. [Other rappers] are putting a lifestyle out there that they can’t be living.

I know a lot of people think like me, [and] they’re tired of that shit, so I’m taking it back to the streets. Like I said, it’s not just for Latinos – it’s for hip-hop, period. I’m an MC – I happen to be Latino, and I’m proud of it. But I’m proud to be a respected MC [that is] respected by my peers, and I’m trying to be a force.

Cruz and the B.Y.I. team seem to have good vision of what they're aiming at with this album. Hopefully dude will get the proper recognition, not just on the West, but throughout the U.S. period.

Looking forward to find out who the surprise guests/producers are on his album 8) We all know Dr. Dre gave Omar some words of advice when he signed his deal with Interscope/Geffen, so who knows. Would be dope, that's for sure. But even if it's not Dre, I can't say I'll be disappointed. I'm sure the album itself will be worth checking out, regardless of any surprise guests.

And oh yeah: it's B.Y.I. bitch! ;D

Props on the interview Eddie. Good job 8)

Yo do you know if they going to do a video for this song? Seams like you have a better inside then me. What u know?

SGV

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 10:37:42 PM »
Almost three years now that Dubcnn has been representing O.Cruz...

Muthafuckas now know who has their ears to the streets on the West for real. Next to blow.... Shouts to Lu and O Dot!

Dudes kinda slept on Javie Lopez when I was updating about his album, but I bet dudes are listening now

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 03:01:03 AM »
^^^^That's right. Rik shot me a link to download Javie's album, and dammit...dude got heat! Definitely a tight album. Omar's featured on quite a lot of songs too.

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:03 AM »
Almost three years now that Dubcnn has been representing O.Cruz...

Muthafuckas now know who has their ears to the streets on the West for real. Next to blow.... Shouts to Lu and O Dot!

Dudes kinda slept on Javie Lopez when I was updating about his album, but I bet dudes are listening now

SGV were'nt you the first one to interview O.CRUZ like 2 year's ago? Good to see you belive in O.CRUZ & B.Y.I back then. West coast defently on the come up & latinos right there this time.

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »
still bumping this rola(jam).....

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
Yo do you know if they going to do a video for this song? Seams like you have a better inside then me. What u know?

I don't know. I should holler at Ever, Rome or LuLu about it. But since I'm off on a 1-week vacation tomorrow, maybe someone else can try to hit them up at Omar's Myspace? I'm not sure whether they have an Internet connection where I'm staying at. I'll see what's up.
Anyways, while I'm gone, the rest of you make sure to keep this promo thing going, you hear? Keep bumping this thread once a day so people keep seeing Omar's name. It's all about visualisation baby 8)

Stackz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 11:54:31 AM »
wow shit is hot

this is going on my myspace for sure
Need Extra Cash??
VVV

no1wammy

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
^^^^That's right. Rik shot me a link to download Javie's album, and dammit...dude got heat! Definitely a tight album. Omar's featured on quite a lot of songs too.

Crafty, can you hook me up with that Javie Lopez mixtape too? He did two tracks: one with Earthquake Institute, the other Damani. Wanna hear them.

And I'll take over the asking for music video. I have Lulu's email address and a connection with Pass The Wire through Meka.

(Chicano Rap Source and CalifaRap are gonna be catching up. But let 'em know that Pocos Pero Locos Rewind will be right behind their asses. Hee hee!)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »
nice interview, good to hear omar saying he is making an album and not a bunch of singles.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »
anyone have this in zshare or mp3?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.