Author Topic: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?  (Read 2101 times)

messi19

Re: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »
Seems Game is the only nigga from West to enter the game after 96 to really be big now. LOL that's gotta be depressing for ya'll

Depressing cuz Game is the only one or because its Game? just asking hehe no hate ;)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 10:48:53 AM »
its not really depressing considering that its mostly due to blackballing politics...

its like mack said, "the only way to beat us is to cheat us".

its kind of like the nba changing the rules to make it easier to stop Shaq...

its all good though... we are still pressing on
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 10:50:27 AM »
Seems Game is the only nigga from West to enter the game after 96 to really be big now. LOL that's gotta be depressing for ya'll

Depressing cuz Game is the only one or because its Game? just asking hehe no hate ;)

Game is actually a dope rapper who has improved greatly as an mc since dropping documentary...but he's becoming a running joke with his his gunot campaign, with his constant love/hate thing with Dre in his songs...so even west caost fans are tired of him. He can still turn it around though..but his bipolar ass needs to wake up and realize what he's becoming a running joke

d-nice

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »
I think people are getting exposure and falling off mixed up. A artist can work with whoever. Nate Dogg has worked with east coast artist and others from other regions. My definition of falling off is musically and rappin wise you don't bring it like you used to. I don't find a problem with the music or the rhymes, every coast has rappers that have fallen off. We need more unity and support from these labels and west coast radio stations also. The talent is there the exposure is not.

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »

LOL depressing because he the only one. I like Game
And not saying it aint other nice niggas out there, but they aint gettin no shine, we aint hearing them. And niggas like Kurupt actually did fall off skillwise, and Ras Kass is just a joke now
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:31:37 AM by cyence »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »
WHAT ARTIST DO U BLAME??,AND WHATS YOUR REASON FOR BLAMING THEM??..THEY NEED TO SEE THIS AND KNOW WHAT THEY DID WRONG!!!..

I don't really blame any one artist per se...I think there were a few things (this is long, but bear w/ me):

(a). In 1995, politicians like C. Delores Tucker, Bob Dole and their ilk started their whole "gangsta rap is evil, it should be banned" schtick, and some major labels got scared and started putting pressure on artists to "clean up" their stuff (the fact that Coolio's 1995 GANGSTA'S PARADISE was mostly poppy interpolations of old R&B songs, whereas his previous CD, 1994's IT TAKES A THIEF, was more street overall, is one example of this).

i completely agree with A, how do we stop young kids from killing each other cutt off the influential music that makes westcoast rappers into idols from actions arrogant or smart.

thats what i always thought too the gov. pressured major record labels to stop supportin gangsta rap (which is westcoast rap)

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

acgrundy

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 06:18:04 PM »
The consumer is to blame

The goal of most of these artists is to sell records and make money.  They are going to make the record based on what is in demand.  I'm sure snoop could make a record that has a style much closer to doggystle, but it probably won't sell as well as a different sounding record.

The radio's are not going to play it if people don't request it, the radio's want to have as many listeners as possible that way they can charge more money for advertising.

The big stores (best buy, circuit city, walmart, target) are not going to carry someone no name rapper that has no promotion behind him.  In order to get the promotion, you gotta have music that is trendy, that will meet the consumers demands.

The bottom line is, the fans who buy this crappy ass music are the biggest to blame for the death of rap music.  A lot of you guys buy shit just due to the name of the artist, regardless of how the record sounds.  How many times do you see on here, an ad or tracklist of an album and people quickly say "I'm copping that shit for sure!" wi/o even hearing anything from the record, before any song has even leaked.  This happens mostly w/ DPG related music.

I stopped buying music in 2003.  I used to be at the record store every tuesday, and was always buying shit.  I bought every album of snoop's up until PTCTBTB...I refuse to support crappy music, and I refuse to be part of the biggest fault of the death of rap music.  I'm a huge bay area rap fan...but that hyphy movement was mutha fuckin garbage.  I'm a huge spice 1 and mc eiht fan, but they keep dropping god awful horrible albums.  Don't even get me started on rappers like 50 cent and dipshit.  I have always been a huge DJ quik fan, but dude sold out big time...fuck supporting a sell out.  I'm a huge Pac fan, but ain't no way I'm buying this remixed garbage bullshit.  Yet how many of you buy these albums just to complete your collection because you have to have every album of that artist?

duccc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »
KILL THE DJ!!!!!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
The consumer is to blame

The goal of most of these artists is to sell records and make money.  They are going to make the record based on what is in demand.  I'm sure snoop could make a record that has a style much closer to doggystle, but it probably won't sell as well as a different sounding record.

The radio's are not going to play it if people don't request it, the radio's want to have as many listeners as possible that way they can charge more money for advertising.

The big stores (best buy, circuit city, walmart, target) are not going to carry someone no name rapper that has no promotion behind him.  In order to get the promotion, you gotta have music that is trendy, that will meet the consumers demands.

The bottom line is, the fans who buy this crappy ass music are the biggest to blame for the death of rap music.  A lot of you guys buy shit just due to the name of the artist, regardless of how the record sounds.  How many times do you see on here, an ad or tracklist of an album and people quickly say "I'm copping that shit for sure!" wi/o even hearing anything from the record, before any song has even leaked.  This happens mostly w/ DPG related music.

I stopped buying music in 2003.  I used to be at the record store every tuesday, and was always buying shit.  I bought every album of snoop's up until PTCTBTB...I refuse to support crappy music, and I refuse to be part of the biggest fault of the death of rap music.  I'm a huge bay area rap fan...but that hyphy movement was mutha fuckin garbage.  I'm a huge spice 1 and mc eiht fan, but they keep dropping god awful horrible albums.  Don't even get me started on rappers like 50 cent and dipshit.  I have always been a huge DJ quik fan, but dude sold out big time...fuck supporting a sell out.  I'm a huge Pac fan, but ain't no way I'm buying this remixed garbage bullshit.  Yet how many of you buy these albums just to complete your collection because you have to have every album of that artist?

real muffafuccin talk!
str8 up!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 01:39:22 AM »
Stupid music like A Bay Bay, and all that type of crap. But not all of its that, its also cause people like Celly Cell, Spice 1, Too Short, n all those type of guys all are falling off, so people expect alot from them still, but they aint bringing no more heat to the table, so all this sorta stuff gets mixed in with the A Bay Bay, so there for the west coast is falling off. BUT now adays to many cats are relieing on the OG's of the west to bring it back and arent looking at the new dudes who will be carrying the west soon, we need to focus more on the new west and less on cats like snoop, dre and them cats. Dont get me wrong we should still look forward to there shit, they havnt fallen off completely, but we need to get our act together, and put out some real music now!!!

MediumL

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 01:45:33 AM »
Well partly cause a lot of rappers are saying the same thing since The Chronic. If people wanted music on lowriders, blunts, sex, gangs, parties etc then they gonna cop Doggystyle or The Chronic or 2001. Maybe if west coast artists switch up their style they may get a bit of love. Plus I think we could do with some more really dope west coast producers. By having someone like Just Blaze, he gets an artist like Saigon and everyone wants to listen cause they love the beats.

What is odd is the fact that one hit wonders from the west arent appearing. The east has people like Mims etc but i dont see the West ever having one hit wonders anymore. I remember there were a lot during the g funk era but since then there hasnt been many.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 01:49:08 AM »
Well partly cause a lot of rappers are saying the same thing since The Chronic. If people wanted music on lowriders, blunts, sex, gangs, parties etc then they gonna cop Doggystyle or The Chronic or 2001. Maybe if west coast artists switch up their style they may get a bit of love. Plus I think we could do with some more really dope west coast producers. By having someone like Just Blaze, he gets an artist like Saigon and everyone wants to listen cause they love the beats.

What is odd is the fact that one hit wonders from the west arent appearing. The east has people like Mims etc but i dont see the West ever having one hit wonders anymore. I remember there were a lot during the g funk era but since then there hasnt been many.

Very true man. But what else is there to talk about other then Sex, drugs, gangs, money and bitches lol? Thats kinda what the west is all about, i personally would rather listen to some other real shit, but what else is there to really talk about lol!!!

MediumL

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 01:51:38 AM »

Very true man. But what else is there to talk about other then Sex, drugs, gangs, money and bitches lol? Thats kinda what the west is all about, i personally would rather listen to some other real shit, but what else is there to really talk about lol!!!

I know, cause the west coast rappers lifestyles is sex, drugs, gangs, money; so either they wait until people choose to go back to these topics or change and see if people will rock that. Anway heres a link to a west coast rapper thats really dope: http://riddlah51.imeem.com/playlist/Aj8FmHkh/
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 01:57:09 AM »

I know, cause the west coast rappers lifestyles is sex, drugs, gangs, money; so either they wait until people choose to go back to these topics or change and see if people will rock that. Anway heres a link to a west coast rapper thats really dope: http://riddlah51.imeem.com/playlist/Aj8FmHkh/

Ya but i need to be a member of this site haha, fuck it lol, do he got a myspace?

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 05:08:52 AM »
its just the nature of the industry, different types of music come and go, depends on generations etc.......

aint no one artist is to blame