Author Topic: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?  (Read 2099 times)

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 09:17:27 AM »
blame suge knight and his fuckin business practices.
his talent wastage is another reason. :loopaper:

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »
WE AINT FELL OFF .......JUS FOLKS BE SCARED OF ALL THE GANGBANGIN.. GANGS KILLED PAC...AND BIGGIE.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2007, 08:07:46 PM »
the fact that the majority of the rap fan base are kids from the suburbs, and the rise in female fans.

Right now, its ok to be gangsta...but not too gangsta, not a real gangsta, just gangsta enough to fool most of the fans out there. And the females like to hear that booty-shake bullshit. I can respect that for some artists. Shit, make the music the fans want to hear. Just dont be perpetratin on the record like youre a fuckin gangsta is all. People dont get it. A big percentage of these rappers on the West, are gangstas. They dont just make gangsta rap, theyre gangstas that rap. The rest of the country took that shit we started as a fad. They thought it was cool to be gangsta. Cool to be hard. So their rappers decided to play the role of gangstas and thugs also. Then when that fad went away, and the rest of the country didnt see it as "cool" anymore, where does that leave the rappers who started it? They werent bein "gangsta" cus it was a fad...they were doin it because it was who they were.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 05:31:26 PM »
the fact that dope artists like Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Jay Felony and many more cant drop albums or dont drop em often enuff.
i mean the west has its commercialized rappers reppin for them which aint bad, but noone can spit like crooked, Sly, and others but theyre not in the light but who is?

snoop
soopafly
kurupt
daz
mitchy slick
e-40
mistah fab
mac dre

and others..
but cats get tired of the same shit by them

but I can almost gurantee you cats wont get tired of traccs by say crooked why cuz he cant be fucked wit on any level period
kurupt and others cant be fucked and beat on the mic. when you can be beat your pretty much useless
now Im not sayin kurupt, snoop, mitch, xzibit arent good rappers but look at what theyre doin?  (its actually what they not doin, cuz some of the OG's arent doin shit)

take xzibit for example:
homie released a classic album bacc in what 2000 followed by man vs machine which was dope as fuck but since then, what has he done?
t.v., and other shit.
but yet he says he does this for his fans???
(how so?)

take ras kass?
aite he was in a situation and needed help, but noone was there

but all we get is snoop, game all day?

thats why I believe in O Cruz, Ya Boy, Bishop Lamont.  they spit the truth, got heat and dont sell out unlike others.

and cats are droppin mixtapes callin em albums
fuck outta wit that shit

a street album is what bishop does period!
dropp a tracc, freestyle every week, fuck is that gon do?

look at lil wayne, call him gay, call him fake, but he drops heat weekly, albums, tapes etc...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:33:53 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
And one more point bruh, there have been plenty of albums that were quality but did not sell. That was a pretty extreme statement. The shittiest record can sell with marketing and promotion. Remember this....people dont buy music, they buy hype!!!!!!!!!!!!
networth my equal,this post and the one before it was nothing but the truth,cats take heed yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2008, 07:34:31 PM »
honestly after talking to alot of big name ppl in the industry once la killed biggie new york has been pissed and all the labels main offices are in ny.so you can imagine what the anr and label rep did when a westcoast artist name came up.were slowly gaining respect back as being decent ppl and not just gangsta"s and killers.ppl really be scared of la and take it out on the coast........

SHAAD G

• 'G'
  • Tha Ace Of Diego!
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 05:42:33 AM »
BEEF amongst west coast artist, radio and the fans!

NOW CHUUUUUUCH!
"Why settle for 3 when I got the eyes of Edgerrin!
 Why tie I'd rather win.
 Line for Line I'm Better then Most!"-Mykestro

JUCYGIRL

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 06:33:06 AM »
I don't believe anyone is solely responsible for the west falling off. The whole hip hop region on the map thing is kind of like a fad, starting with the east coast,  then west, mid-west and now south. I guess we're just in the rotation, although I can't say that talent matters @ this point, due to the overwhelming unimaginative, repetitive songs receiving air play today. With songs like "Ay Bay Bay" and "Lip Gloss" it makes one stop and wonder why the media is inflicting such un-challenging and simple music to our ears, almost as if they want to keep us programmed, without any exercise for our brain's to configure.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 06:35:37 AM »
your momma

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 06:40:11 AM »
Well Westcoast music reached it's Peak....It's now  dwindling down..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

messi19

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2008, 06:41:45 AM »
I blame the outlets for playin music thats directed to lil kids. Cuz u know that all these 106 & park teeny bopers only like rappers wit swag (Wayne), the ones they think r "cute" or whateva and a rapper wit hype, cuz they always on that bandwagon shit. So these lil teeny bopers dont listen to gangsta shit, they listen to r&b-rap or club type raps.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2008, 06:44:26 AM »
I blame the outlets for playin music thats directed to lil kids. Cuz u know that all these 106 & park teeny bopers only like rappers wit swag (Wayne), the ones they think r "cute" or whateva and a rapper wit hype, cuz they always on that bandwagon shit. So these lil teeny bopers dont listen to gangsta shit, they listen to r&b-rap or club type raps.

Exactly^^^
Just as long as their flks who demand these club kinda songs, real gangtsa Music will only be played by a handful of outlets...
If it continues, then artist of the Gangsta Music will have to either make their tracks more appealing to the teeny-boppers-cuz lets be honest, they have to eat,they have to make so kind of living..

smegma

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »
It's a combination of artists, record labels and the market. Artists need to make quality music and get their deals with record labels. 95% of the 'new' rappers from the west coast is not marketable, so they won't ever drop on a major and if they do, they flop. You don't have to be Jimmy Iovine to see if someone's marketable or not. Someone like J-Kwon has less rap talent than me, but he is marketable! Bishop Lamont is now signed to a major, but if he even drops (and I don't see that happening) his sales will be low because he will not appeal to the mainstream.

As far as the music goes... these new rappers need to step their game up or just call it a wrap. The last month or so I regularly bumped my 2Unlimited albums. He may have done music of a different genre than hip hop, but Ray Slijngaard shits on these so called talented rappers from the west coast. He has a much much much better flow.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/896LYnr1qOU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/896LYnr1qOU</a>
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:09:08 AM by smegma »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2008, 07:00:19 AM »
It's a combination of artists, record labels and the market. Artists need to make quality music and get their deals with record labels. 95% of the 'new' rappers from the west coast is not marketable, so they won't ever drop on a major and if they do, they flop. You don't have to be Jimmy Iovine to see if someone's marketable or not. Someone like J-Kwon has less rap talent than me, but he is marketable! Bishop Lamont is now signed to a major, but if he even drops (and I don't see that happening) his sales will be low because he will not appeal to the mainstream.

As far as the music goes... these new rappers need to step their game up or just call it a wrap. The last month or so I regularly bump my 2Unlimited albums. He may have done music of a different genre than hip hop, but Ray Slijngaard shits on these so called talented rappers from the west coast. He has a much much much better flow.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpZSKn0yWBY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gpZSKn0yWBY</a>

Being Marketable is the selling Point These Days!
if mainstream don't like you,then it's not gon work in your favor..

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »

As far as the music goes... these new rappers need to step their game up or just call it a wrap. The last month or so I regularly bumped my 2Unlimited albums. He may have done music of a different genre than hip hop, but Ray Slijngaard shits on these so called talented rappers from the west coast. He has a much much much better flow.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/896LYnr1qOU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/896LYnr1qOU</a>

yeah Ray has flow