Author Topic: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?  (Read 2095 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2008, 07:23:03 AM »
People have just Outgrown "Gangsta Rap" (IMO)
I Speak for me personaly having grown up thru the entire evolution of Rap from The "SSH, GMF & The F-5" Ect... (Start of this..)
Until Now, The decline has been showing since the start.
and it's not because of lack of artists or any certain group of Rapper's, it's because the fan base just simply outgrows the movement.

Honestly having been thru the REAL era of Gangsta Rap, I Just don't feel like hearing any new rapper spit the exact same shit I heard before from a Rapper who did it already and spit it 100X better than the new Cat.

If I wanna hear Some Gangsta Shit I'll Break out my Lp's & cassete Tapes, And My later Half of the collection as Cd's and bump those..
Honestly I Feel That part of Hip-hop should just be laid to rest. Unless it's them spitting! (The OG's)

It's real hard for me to get Hyped about any New stuff be it East/West, again it's not because of Lack of Music, but quality. (IMO)
There is just Nothing out there that makes me wanna spend any money on. I'd rather just Bump my Archive instead.

Sometimes not even the Og's get me hyped anymore, Like I'm like whatever when it comes to this new Snoop album..
And it has never been like that before...

HHW & Dubcc/DubCnn one of the only reasons I even Check for Hip-Hop anymore. & maybe because it's a personal thing with Crook
cause dude's been owing us an album for a while now.. (Since Virgin crook danm!!!, lol)

IMO, The Real reason Hip Hop is falling off, Is because those WHo made it what it was are all grown up now.
(Old school Hip-Hop heads don't like change, We fucken hate it, Well I do)

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »
the youth.... who for some reason like hearing people rap about grills and rims constantly

SGV

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »
West Coast Rap is on life support cuz the West Coast fans are unable to let go. They fantasize about spending $30 on an album that's 10 years old and that they probably will never get, instead of supporting maybe a Glasses Malone or a Jay Rock (since so many West Coast fans DEMAND "Gangsta" shit). They could look for some Terrace Martin beats instead of always hoping and praying for a Battle Cat beat. West Coast fans are just stuck in the past. If they could still wear Compton hats and have Gheri Curls they would.

Shit is ridiculous. They hate to see a MAN grow up. They want grown ass men to be talking about the same shit they talked 10 years ago. Snoop has a son that's a teen. Dre is damn near 40. Same with Cube. 40's son is already rapping, think how old that makes him. W.C., Mack 10 etc. etc. have all been out for over 10 years, how can you expect them to NOT have grown? They're all in the mid to late 30s, it's time to let them go.

If you wanna see the West Coast come back, try supporting some new shit, instead of looking for a new Daz album or a new Young MC album. It's 2008, we don't have time for one hit wonders, has-beens or never-was' on the West Coast.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »
West Coast Rap is on life support cuz the West Coast fans are unable to let go. They fantasize about spending $30 on an album that's 10 years old and that they probably will never get, instead of supporting maybe a Glasses Malone or a Jay Rock (since so many West Coast fans DEMAND "Gangsta" shit). They could look for some Terrace Martin beats instead of always hoping and praying for a Battle Cat beat. West Coast fans are just stuck in the past. If they could still wear Compton hats and have Gheri Curls they would.

Shit is ridiculous. They hate to see a MAN grow up. They want grown ass men to be talking about the same shit they talked 10 years ago. Snoop has a son that's a teen. Dre is damn near 40. Same with Cube. 40's son is already rapping, think how old that makes him. W.C., Mack 10 etc. etc. have all been out for over 10 years, how can you expect them to NOT have grown? They're all in the mid to late 30s, it's time to let them go.

If you wanna see the West Coast come back, try supporting some new shit, instead of looking for a new Daz album or a new Young MC album. It's 2008, we don't have time for one hit wonders, has-beens or never-was' on the West Coast.

young mc hehehe just bust a move!  8)

everlast1986

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »
how many of these threads have we had?

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2008, 01:00:26 PM »
how many of these threads have we had?

too much lol

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »
LoL @ Niggaz Callin Outt Namez...
IMO Itz Tha Industry & Radio... 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

it is the industry but when you say the industry in reality your talkin about snoop,
member he represents this coast, he claims to be the king, how the fuck can you be a king of a coast when there is no coast?
so hes the king of a coast wit no rappers droppin?  nate dogg doin a tracc, game doin a show and droppin a album isnt a coast!

crooked I, Sly Boogy, Glasses Malone, Bishop Lamont, Yukmouth, Ya Boy, Ras Kass, Mitchy Slick, Above The Law, Omar Cruz,clyde carson droppin non-stop heat is a fuckin coast.
when these cats drop non-stop heat then you can say we have a westcoast. we can say there is a westcoast

snoop releasin a album wit soopafly and kurupt isnt westcoast!
We need a gang of artists wit talent like the list above to drop. not 1 at a time!
you got a million cats sayin go cop their album when you can get more value for a fuckin meal at Taco Bell!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2008, 05:28:36 PM »
People have just Outgrown "Gangsta Rap" (IMO)
I Speak for me personaly having grown up thru the entire evolution of Rap from The "SSH, GMF & The F-5" Ect... (Start of this..)
Until Now, The decline has been showing since the start.
and it's not because of lack of artists or any certain group of Rapper's, it's because the fan base just simply outgrows the movement.

Honestly having been thru the REAL era of Gangsta Rap, I Just don't feel like hearing any new rapper spit the exact same shit I heard before from a Rapper who did it already and spit it 100X better than the new Cat.

If I wanna hear Some Gangsta Shit I'll Break out my Lp's & cassete Tapes, And My later Half of the collection as Cd's and bump those..
Honestly I Feel That part of Hip-hop should just be laid to rest. Unless it's them spitting! (The OG's)

It's real hard for me to get Hyped about any New stuff be it East/West, again it's not because of Lack of Music, but quality. (IMO)
There is just Nothing out there that makes me wanna spend any money on. I'd rather just Bump my Archive instead.

Sometimes not even the Og's get me hyped anymore, Like I'm like whatever when it comes to this new Snoop album..
And it has never been like that before...

HHW & Dubcc/DubCnn one of the only reasons I even Check for Hip-Hop anymore. & maybe because it's a personal thing with Crook
cause dude's been owing us an album for a while now.. (Since Virgin crook danm!!!, lol)

IMO, The Real reason Hip Hop is falling off, Is because those WHo made it what it was are all grown up now.
(Old school Hip-Hop heads don't like change, We fucken hate it, Well I do)

pretty much on point with how I feel...really just outgrown a lot of the shit that's out there...although the main reason I feel that the West Coast has fallen off is because west coast rap fans in general have an iron grip on anything Snoop related and don't look at any non-DPG related artist in the same light

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
its rap a whole
I mean look at the whole baggy pants issue
they blamin that on rap
and noone speaks up on it enuff. 
I said enuff cuz snoop, banner, others spoke but need to speak louder
and the same wit the muzik they need to pump out more muzik more often
aite do adventures of holywood, but what about doin an actual adventures of a bangin album.
but nah they focused on t.v. shows and all that
its all good but these are the same cats that are fuckin up the rap game as well as crooked, sly boogy, kam not releasin albums!

I mean think about it:
cats would rather hear kam over snoop,
but who releases a album and tapes???(not the fuckin rapper that is wanted)
cats would rather hear crooked singin a goodnight story to them than snoop, but who releases a album?
the father!

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

messi19

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »

it is the industry but when you say the industry in reality your talkin about snoop,
member he represents this coast, he claims to be the king, how the fuck can you be a king of a coast when there is no coast?
so hes the king of a coast wit no rappers droppin?  nate dogg doin a tracc, game doin a show and droppin a album isnt a coast!

crooked I, Sly Boogy, Glasses Malone, Bishop Lamont, Yukmouth, Ya Boy, Ras Kass, Mitchy Slick, Above The Law, Omar Cruz,clyde carson droppin non-stop heat is a fuckin coast.
when these cats drop non-stop heat then you can say we have a westcoast. we can say there is a westcoast

We need a gang of artists wit talent like the list above to drop. not 1 at a time!
you got a million cats sayin go cop their album when you can get more value for a fuckin meal at Taco Bell!

shut up that shit u first said doesnt make sence. Who do ppl think of when they think of WC rappers outside of the ppl on the coast itself? Game & Snoop, that means that in the recent years they have put in the most work. Game been droppin mixtapes, albums, doin shows like powerhouse, feutured on J Rock, O Cruz etc etc what more do u expect? Just cuz the other rappers aint as succesful or the whole coast isn't as popular as before doesnt mean that they aint the KINGS OF THE WEST.

Si-Chiggedy

WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2008, 07:32:41 AM »
simply: the so-called "fans" and the industry in general
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

MediumL

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
1. West needs a new sound. When 2001 dropped west music became a bit more bouncy and less funk and it was recieved relatively well. But now people have moved on and a new sound must be found. Look at the East Coast, they woulda fallen off a lot soona if it wasnt for the new energy put into their records by Kanye and Just Blaze.

2. West producers need todo some new shit. Take WC album. Albums dope no doubt but the beats coulda have come from any west coast album since 1999. Look at Timbaland, Kanye, Powlow Don etc have a diverse sound and it pulled off for them.

3. Major guys putting people on. People point the finger at Snoop and Dre but i cant help feel that Game is one of the worst culprits of this. When his 1st LP came out he shoulda looked to do a group album or release albums from Juice, Ya Boy etc. 50 pulled it off excellently and if he'd got a few Dre tracks he coulda done fine. But to this date BWS is a mixtape label that has little buzz.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

messi19

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »

3. Major guys putting people on. People point the finger at Snoop and Dre but i cant help feel that Game is one of the worst culprits of this. When his 1st LP came out he shoulda looked to do a group album or release albums from Juice, Ya Boy etc. 50 pulled it off excellently and if he'd got a few Dre tracks he coulda done fine. But to this date BWS is a mixtape label that has little buzz.

I would agree wit that shit but think about it. Game worked/helped Eastwood, Ya Boy, Jay Rock, Omar Cruz, Juice, Clyde Carson, Techniec, K-Dot, Glasses, Topic, Dubb etc etc. Without Game some of these niggas wouldnt even be mentioned here. But u right, he should put out more albums from the artists he got on BWS but at the same time dude've done alot when u think about it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »

shut up that shit u first said doesnt make sence. Who do ppl think of when they think of WC rappers outside of the ppl on the coast itself? Game & Snoop, that means that in the recent years they have put in the most work. Game been droppin mixtapes, albums, doin shows like powerhouse, feutured on J Rock, O Cruz etc etc what more do u expect? Just cuz the other rappers aint as succesful or the whole coast isn't as popular as before doesnt mean that they aint the KINGS OF THE WEST.

nah homie dont get it twisted they don big shit especially game but what Im sayin is that the industry depended on game 1 rapper. snoop 2 rappers
they are many more dope rappers that arent gettin heard wit them bein who the fuck is souljah boy, kia shine?
now they may not be as big as them since they commercial, but come on now think about it, theyve been doin this and still aint shit come out of it?
not even a fuckin album!
Cube