Author Topic: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?  (Read 2096 times)

TAKEMONEYENT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 115ST WATTS
Re: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »
the only reason the west started to fall is cuz major labels werent putting to much money into these rappers . . but as soon as they did e.g Game ...they reaped the rewards...... now we have alot of new talent out there and the labels are putting money behind these artists.... its just a damn shame that the rappers that came and went due to this never got to shine

-------------------------------------------ME THROWIN UP THE W - WATTS------------------------------------------------

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
another problem could cuz so many rappers are tryna to be the next big thing
you cant be the next big thing unless your crown IMO on your own
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »
in order for the west to make it the producers need to step it up and stop mimicking the south and produce some top notch shit like back in the days. there a few doing it big but niggas like daz and em need to bring it on the beat tip. and niggaz need to bring reality back to the music. also there is no powerhouse labels on the coast no more outside of aftermath compared to back in the day. just some shit with an established stable of artists and top notch producers with it's own identity.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2012, 04:58:26 AM »

lolwut

westcoastmenace

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
The consumer is to blame

The goal of most of these artists is to sell records and make money.  They are going to make the record based on what is in demand.  I'm sure snoop could make a record that has a style much closer to doggystle, but it probably won't sell as well as a different sounding record.

The radio's are not going to play it if people don't request it, the radio's want to have as many listeners as possible that way they can charge more money for advertising.

The big stores (best buy, circuit city, walmart, target) are not going to carry someone no name rapper that has no promotion behind him.  In order to get the promotion, you gotta have music that is trendy, that will meet the consumers demands.

The bottom line is, the fans who buy this crappy ass music are the biggest to blame for the death of rap music.  A lot of you guys buy shit just due to the name of the artist, regardless of how the record sounds.  How many times do you see on here, an ad or tracklist of an album and people quickly say "I'm copping that shit for sure!" wi/o even hearing anything from the record, before any song has even leaked.  This happens mostly w/ DPG related music.

I stopped buying music in 2003.  I used to be at the record store every tuesday, and was always buying shit.  I bought every album of snoop's up until PTCTBTB...I refuse to support crappy music, and I refuse to be part of the biggest fault of the death of rap music.  I'm a huge bay area rap fan...but that hyphy movement was mutha fuckin garbage.  I'm a huge spice 1 and mc eiht fan, but they keep dropping god awful horrible albums.  Don't even get me started on rappers like 50 cent and dipshit.  I have always been a huge DJ quik fan, but dude sold out big time...fuck supporting a sell out.  I'm a huge Pac fan, but ain't no way I'm buying this remixed garbage bullshit.  Yet how many of you buy these albums just to complete your collection because you have to have every album of that artist?

Exactly.

westside159

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2012, 04:23:17 AM »
The beats got generic and the rhymes got one dimensional and westcoast artist stopped being original and tried to hop on the south bandwagon crunk shit . plus that  jerking , hyphy faze was booty .

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »
TDE is going hard, i don't know why u guys r saying all this when kendrick, q, rock, and soul is going hard with it. they'll blow up soon enough, if not at least one of them

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

P.E.B ROCKS

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
I THINK WE JUST GREW UP, OUT OF THAT BLOOD AND CRIP GANGS, AND DIDN'T HAVE ANYONE TO LOOK UP TO, SO WE TURNED TO THE SOUTH, HELL SNOOP WENT.. WE JUST NEVER CAME BACK WITH HIM....

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »
we need to blame Joe.

2euce 7even

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
sean combs, jay-z, jermaine dupri and lil jon.
lil jon, not jay and puffy tho.fuck em both tho.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
Orlando Anderson is to blame.  He killed hip-hop when he killed Pac. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
pretty sure "he kept it real and didnt let any bullshit slide" unlike that foo foo ballerina

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »
pretty sure "he kept it real and didnt let any bullshit slide" unlike that foo foo ballerina

Well I do have to admit Orlando Anderson wasn't no bitch and he was a for real street cat, nothing to be fucked with.  However, he should of given Pac a pass because Pac meant so much to people all over the world.  So you can't follow regular gang rules in a case like that.  Pac was a hero in the hood and he did too much elevate black people.  Orlando should've given him a pass.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »

lolwut

lmao, it's not the same here without Enyce's incoherent responses.

Will_B

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2012, 07:52:49 AM »

Well I do have to admit Orlando Anderson wasn't no bitch and he was a for real street cat, nothing to be fucked with.  However, he should of given Pac a pass because Pac meant so much to people all over the world.  So you can't follow regular gang rules in a case like that.  Pac was a hero in the hood and he did too much elevate black people.  Orlando should've given him a pass.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know just what he means though, it's like the scene in Kiss of the Dragon when Burt Kwouk's character is killed.

Why did it have to go down like that?!!