Author Topic: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?  (Read 2050 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: WHO IS TO BLAME FOR WEST COAST MUSIC FALLING OFF?
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »
who is to blame for west coast music falling off?

Will_B

his sperm-guzzling stanism repulsed the finest West Coast-artists, and made em sick

~Styles~

• Lil Geezy
  • standard.
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
TDE is going hard, i don't know why u guys r saying all this when kendrick, q, rock, and soul is going hard with it. they'll blow up soon enough, if not at least one of them

Agreed, the Westcoast got next as they leading this new "trendy" scene/sound. Q and kendrick are both really dope..the production on Q's new joint is incredible. This is the best crop since Death Row era whether its your bag or not..

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »
eurowiggers made the west fall off by pigeon holing the music and the musicians and keeping them trapped to an old sub par standard and not being open minded to progression and change within the artform

Will_B

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »
eurowiggers made the west fall off by pigeon holing the music and the musicians and keeping them trapped to an old sub par standard and not being open minded to progression and change within the artform

They made as much shit then as they do now.

Just now everything gets leaked or people actually pay for it.

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »

Bullshit. Dumb. Lame.

Hail to the Euros! We rule fool!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »
but yall motherfuckers expected them to keep coming out with the same sound over and over and over...eventually you got motherfuckers using the moog synth on peanut butter commercials and people in lowriders doing pepsi ads and shit. you guys called for the over saturation of it.

it took yall so long to appreciate it by the time yall caught the wave the westcoast was done with it but yall never excepted anything progressive they put out and cried for more g funk

thanks alot assholes.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »
Orlando Anderson is to blame.  He killed hip-hop when he killed Pac. 
pretty sure "he kept it real and didnt let any bullshit slide" unlike that foo foo ballerina

Well I do have to admit Orlando Anderson wasn't no bitch and he was a for real street cat, nothing to be fucked with.  However, he should of given Pac a pass because Pac meant so much to people all over the world.  So you can't follow regular gang rules in a case like that.  Pac was a hero in the hood and he did too much elevate black people.  Orlando should've given him a pass.
holy shit you may be the biggest wigger in the world. "cant follow regular gang rules because he elevates black people". 99% of 2pac songs were talking about doing exactly what orlando lane did, something that 2pac himself was too much of a lying pussy to ever do

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

~Styles~

• Lil Geezy
  • standard.
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
LOL I'm interested to know this "progressive sound" that the west was trying to introduce?? Niggas got lazy and the hits dried up...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »
the progressive sound the west was moving toward was i think what dre and them were trying to do in the ghetto fabulous tango scene and shit like the beat he did with phone tap.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
i think for the most part trends just change. noone is going to be "to blame" for this techno/dubstep bullshit rap thats so big today going out of style, most people are just gonna get bored with it and some new shit will come along

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »
they will just ruin that too.

its inevitable.

~Styles~

• Lil Geezy
  • standard.
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »
Yeh Dre did switch up his sound after Death Row and yet he's still relevant today? I really don't get your point..

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »
right and because of yall bastards now dre wont even come out with detox becasue hes so confused.

the eurohonkey fanbase still want g funk the gangstas want hard shit

the homos and teenieboppers want euro pop and he wants to make everyone happy.

Will_B

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
but yall motherfuckers expected them to keep coming out with the same sound over and over and over...eventually you got motherfuckers using the moog synth on peanut butter commercials and people in lowriders doing pepsi ads and shit. you guys called for the over saturation of it.

it took yall so long to appreciate it by the time yall caught the wave the westcoast was done with it but yall never excepted anything progressive they put out and cried for more g funk

Ah fuck off :laugh:

Things come and go, and $$$ changes everything.

Mainstream Hollywood put out some of the best films in the 80's and 90's (comedy especially)
Now the industry is dead creatively speaking.

Theres no spark now, everyones just playing their role. People forgot how to make a hit, and what real samples, scratching and instruments do...just the basics...what recoding equipment you use. The lot. Big name producers instead of groups of talent coming together and bouncing off each other...competing with sounds and lyrics. Shit got stale.

If you're asking rappers to be creative and change the format up....you're giving them too much credit thinking half of those dudes are capable of more than pulling on their nutts and their caps down, and mumbling shit.

Roscoe came out of nowhere and brought something really fresh to the game. Kid was reading and writing poetry back then and never wanted to rap until he reconnected with his brother. You need thinkers and very gifted people to bring something refreshing thats just better than what everyone used to now....let alone change the game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:15:10 PM by OG Will_B #Infamous »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »