Author Topic: UGK - Underground Kingz Leak  (Read 1039 times)

d-nice

Re: UGK - Underground Kingz Leak
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2007, 11:40:56 AM »
http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Music/Album.aspx?p_id=P+++133449&a_id=R++1084388&search=UGK&sec=All%20Music&prodid=JIV711820.2

Circuit City has the album with a Limited Edition DVD. It's a little bit more than the regular album though.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
Fuckk payin $18 lol, the DVD will leak on the net soon anyway lol same with the bonus track at bestbuy, just gonna stick with the $10 one..

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2007, 11:48:24 AM »
Fuckk payin $18 lol, the DVD will leak on the net soon anyway lol same with the bonus track at bestbuy, just gonna stick with the $10 one..

I hardly ever see special edition dvds leak that much. Common's new one has one too but I have not seen it on the net yet.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »
The DVD only has 2 videos on it..Int'l Players Anthem and Game Belong To Me so its not really worth it..

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »
Damn, tracks 2-5 go HARD :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 12:28:58 PM »
The DVD only has 2 videos on it..Int'l Players Anthem and Game Belong To Me so its not really worth it..

Oh ok I thought it may have some interviews or something with it.

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
Thoughts on disc 1:

standout tracks:

--int'l players anthem
--chrome plated women
--life is 2009
--the game belongs 2 me
--quit hatin the south
--heaven

also swishas & dosha, gravy, take tha hood back (which should of only ft. slim thug & vicious, middle fingaz kinda sucked) & trill ni99as don't die are good tracks, just not as good as the 6 i mentioned^ (with swisha & dosha & trill ni99as dont die being the best of this category)

the title track is alright, kinda boring, but not bad...the like that remix is alright, nothin special

grind hard would of been better if it was just pimp & bun...

overall, the disc is a solid 8.5-9/10

Paul

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »
just listenin to the first track i choose u, bangin track but its the same willie hutch sample used for project pat - i choose u, produced by three 6 mafia, kinda spoils the track
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
just listenin to the first track i choose u, bangin track but its the same willie hutch sample used for project pat - i choose u, produced by three 6 mafia, kinda spoils the track

int'l playas anthem (I choose you) is the 1st track for you? it's pose to be #2 :-\

Paul

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »

int'l playas anthem (I choose you) is the 1st track for you? it's pose to be #2 :-\

i thought the first track was an intro , i might hav to go back, yeah its #2
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »

just makin sure i didn't hook u up with a fucked up link :P

Paul

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »

just makin sure i didn't hook u up with a fucked up link :P

na mate its all cool 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2007, 01:49:27 PM »
How is the track with Scarface?

Lunatic

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »
How is the track with Scarface?

it's very good...got a banging beat, and bun & pimp kill it (especially bun's 1st verse, easily 1 of the best verses on the entire album)

Face does his thing on the hook

my only knock on the song is Face didn't drop a verse

Lunatic

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2007, 03:35:43 PM »
d-nice: just thought i'd let u know i just saw a commercial for the UGK album, and it said the dvd included interviews with big boi, david banner, rick ross...didnt mention the videos, but the back art of the cover clearly states it also comes with 2 music videos...just thought u'd like 2 know

my thoughts on the 2nd disc: The standout tracks are not as good as they are on disc 1, but it's more consistent then disc 1...only avg-wack track is like that, which is the worse song on the cd...if it wasn't for bun & pimp's crazy ass flow on the track, it would be even worse...the beat just doesn't fit the vibe of the album

standout tracks:

--how long can it last
--still ridin dirty
--stop-n-go - this track gets a LOT of hate on the net, but i think it bumps
--real women - talib kweli murdered this shit :o
--candy
--next up
--hit the block - best swizz beats beat in a while...he didn't ruin this beat (like he does with his others) by making it 2 busy...T.I.'s verse starts off wack, but when he starts flowing fast, he begins 2 kill it

a few other good tracks, (but aren't on the level of the standouts) are cocaine (amazing concept, standout until rick ross comes in with his mediocre ass and makes it a "decent" song overall), tell me how you feel, shattered dreams, & living this life

Ain't feeling the int'l players anthem with three 6 mafia, nor the chopped and screwed version...Sounds like the 1 with three 6 wasn't really "finished"

Also, two types of bitches isn't very good..Dizzee Rascal is horrible on this shit, but damn pimpin ken is funny at the end :D

disc 2 overall: 8/10

album overall - 8.5-9/10

I think the album would of been a bit better, if they were wiser with the guest choices...i easily could of done (actually would of made the songs better) without young t.o.e., dj b-bo, middle fingaz, rick ross, & dizzee rascal

but mentioning the guests once agian, outkast, too short, slim thug, vicious, willie d (he KILLED IT), z-ro, charlie wilson, scarface, talki kweli, kool g rap, big daddy kane did there thing 8)

album of the year thus far ;)