Author Topic: How long ya been rollin with tha Connection????  (Read 2253 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: How long ya been rollin with tha Connection????
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
there was a day where i lived for this board... but its gone now... doesnt mean much tho i just move from things and boards to other places... as my interest shift from thing to thing... i love this board too.. i see myself posting here for ever... but maybe less and less as time goes on.. as my interest goes to something else...

i'll be back and forth depending on my music listening habits and a few other factors.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Al Bundy

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2007, 04:11:10 PM »
I haven't been listening to much westcoast music for a minute now but I still discuss it. Place is hella cool though imo.

everlast1986

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2007, 04:17:10 PM »
Since October. Been browsing Dubcnn for a few years though.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »

word? did you used to have a different SN back in the older days? Coulda swon you were one of the older members.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

We Fly High

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2007, 04:26:50 PM »
i was here even before nik, you know. i was lurking the dubcc.com webspace, waiting for this forum to pop-up. i was told to by dr dre, when i was hanging out in the studio with him, he remixed my song with Necro.. this was around 1999.

the classic, NIK in the studio thread... Someone please bring that thread up ahhaha.

everlast1986

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2007, 04:30:53 PM »

word? did you used to have a different SN back in the older days? Coulda swon you were one of the older members.

-T

I did make another account that I forgot about and barely used. One day I just started reading the vault and looked at the work alot of people put into that and found out how knowledgable people on here are so i made this account and shit went on from there. I found out about Dubcnn in my old ares chat room i think in like 03.

Don Seer

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2007, 04:34:08 PM »
there was a day where i lived for this board... but its gone now... doesnt mean much tho i just move from things and boards to other places... as my interest shift from thing to thing... i love this board too.. i see myself posting here for ever... but maybe less and less as time goes on.. as my interest goes to something else...

i'll be back and forth depending on my music listening habits and a few other factors.

-T
me too...

i see my girlfriend 3 or 4 nights a week.. most of those i'm staying at hers which is 20 mins outta town..

and when i'm home i skate when its sunny.. at least twice a week.. that leaves me a night or two a week at home if that..

i aint saying ya'll never contributed like that after it was created.. but the creation wasn't down to anyone else...

i pulled the worlds i was dabbling in together.. i was on the dre forum.. and i wish some characters from there had come over.. (e.g. docb never really did).. and locsta? and the fake narrator.. but outside that.. i was already doing my lil news page.. i was feeding audio to "the shiznit" and b-please for wc killaz, and cool with dpgc2000.. and on a few other forums.. and staff at NWA2k for a short time.. i was spread wide and finding it hard to keep up.. b-please wanted me to be staff at wc-killaz but i didnt have time.. the internet was a lot smaller back then.. hell rip groups like RNS served the new shit right from their irc channels.. i was into the rap music vid scene at one point too just before dubcc came about.. and other things too.. i remember getting dre's 2001 album (in late oct 99, i dropped to retail in nov 99).. from the #rns channel on efnet.. there were 1000s of people going wild in there.. shit doesnt happen like that online anymore.. they cant put themselves out in public like that no more

i tried to pull those together so i had a central place.. i'd already done it with my little news page (which i help expose chronic_overload with.. lol).. it was through all these connections i'd made that made dubcc inevitable..

the creation really was just 100% down to a conversation i had with b-please.. i'm sure its posted on here somewhere..

i can understand though.. it was a relief to bring things away from that dre forum.. shit was outta control.. it was getting attacked by KKK types n all sorts.. with no mods we were pissed off.. so i know what it meant to have a place that felt "safe"...

the moves i made were to try and maintain the integrity of the fact this is a west coast rap forum first and foremost.. thats why the DIPCC cats never got a section, or any respect..  i dont mind people who post here just about g-spot or whatever.. but if they make a nuisance and arent contributing outside a certain area.. then i'm less inclined to give a fuck..

this elitist attitude has me vexed... "OGs"  are less inclined to post so much in reponse to questions that've been asked time n time again.. which is why new blood is needed.. they're still hyped where we're more "blah" about things.. (e.g. crooked i's album, detox etc etc.. lol)... you have to nurture it to have a future..

on some throwback shit...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=7.11970;sort=last_post

the orders a bit screwed due to a fuck up by an upgrade back in the day..

about the first year n a halfs worth are arse backwards..... and the first two months are missing altogether

(p.s. nik is free)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:40:07 PM by Seer - San »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2007, 05:13:33 PM »
Good lookin' out, Seer. 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2007, 09:26:25 AM »
word, I'm not hating on new blood. at least I don't think I have.

haha, this ain't chronic overload. i remember that site.

wow old school post indeed, the original who started g-funk thread.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »
and i wish some characters from there had come over.. (e.g. docb never really did)..

Actually, DOCB has an account here, we were working on music together for a while...I last spoke to him a few months back, and he was still doing it as big as ever with the beats...True OG.

Don Seer

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »
yeah i know that .. but he's never really posted much has he..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
that dude D.O.C.B. was tight. didn't he work with that dude Nexus?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2007, 12:01:48 PM »
that dude D.O.C.B. was tight. didn't he work with that dude Nexus?

-T

Yea, but sadly, no DOCB beats made the final cut of Nexus's album when we put it together...

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »
Date Registered:     December 06, 2002, 08:11:10 AM

i think i was at school at the time, messin around on the computer like i always do.