Author Topic: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight  (Read 3502 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight
« on: August 02, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
I don't expect Clinton to be able to give me any coherent answers but y'all got any burning questions for Kokane? I just feel like a dick for not actually owning any of his records and am pissed that the one P-funk album i got's case was lost by my friend that I let borrow it.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

maudizzle

Re: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »
I don't expect Clinton to be able to give me any coherent answers but y'all got any burning questions for Kokane? I just feel like a dick for not actually owning any of his records and am pissed that the one P-funk album i got's case was lost by my friend that I let borrow it.

-T

Ask him if he can give you the Suga Cane album and if you can share it with me. :)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »
what is the suga kane album?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

maudizzle

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »
what is the suga kane album?

-T

An unreleased Suga Free & Kokane album...

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »
whoa how'd you get this to happen?

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »
^^ everyone loves the guy who has the best weed  8)
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »
there was always rumors on here about kokane singing on the let me ride rmx w/ george clinton, ask him if there is any truth to that.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »
there was always rumors on here about kokane singing on the let me ride rmx w/ george clinton, ask him if there is any truth to that.

word, that's a damn good question. some of those parts DO sound like Kane BUT his whole style is from GC

oh and the same chick that I met Snoop's brother through is recording with him tonight.

If anyone gives a damn, I want to do an interview with her and promote her record/post some of her music through dubcnn and shit. She's tryna make it happen, you know? i believe she either is or is about to be on some upcoming snoop and spider-loc/g-unit mixtapes. Her name is Donecia.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 06:43:46 PM »
but please believe i'm bringing some joints to smoke with dudes. hopefully my new pics will be me and Kokane/GC smokin a joint.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »
but please believe i'm bringing some joints to smoke with dudes. hopefully my new pics will be me and Kokane/GC smokin a joint.
-T

Ha! 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 09:40:13 AM »
-T

Ha! 8)

Made it happen, hopefully will have pics and an article up on dubcnn/my sig-avatar by the beginning of next week.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »

anyway, don't wanna say too much cause I hope to have the article/pics up on dubcnn in days but I chilled with Quazedelic, Josef Leimberg, George Clinton and Kokane last night at Soundscannerz studio. Was dope as fuck. Got pics with all those cats, smokin' a joint.

Anyway, Kokane said Suga Kane is not in the can and it's on hold for the project that will be discussed in what will hopefully be the article/posting on dubcnn in a few days but he said he's down with doing it with Suga Free still and that that's his homeboy etc.

Didn't get a chance to ask him about the LMR remix but in all honesty he seemed to shy away from Dre/Snoop talk. I don't think either are really fuckin' with him anymore but I don't know.

Damn, shit was extra cool. I can't wait till my homegirl sends me all the pictures and I can get all the shit up.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »

anyway, don't wanna say too much cause I hope to have the article/pics up on dubcnn in days but I chilled with Quazedelic, Josef Leimberg, George Clinton and Kokane last night at Soundscannerz studio. Was dope as fuck. Got pics with all those cats, smokin' a joint.

Anyway, Kokane said Suga Kane is not in the can and it's on hold for the project that will be discussed in what will hopefully be the article/posting on dubcnn in a few days but he said he's down with doing it with Suga Free still and that that's his homeboy etc.

Didn't get a chance to ask him about the LMR remix but in all honesty he seemed to shy away from Dre/Snoop talk. I don't think either are really fuckin' with him anymore but I don't know.

Damn, shit was extra cool. I can't wait till my homegirl sends me all the pictures and I can get all the shit up.

-T

Thats fucking dope man. Can't wait to see what you got.

Paul

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »
btw how do u meet all these guys, sounds good anyway props
funkyfreshintheflesh

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »
btw how do u meet all these guys, sounds good anyway props

Just living in Cali, is the over-all way i've seen. I'm just an hour east of L.A. Of course some shit's gonna be poppin off in my area as well.

but specifically:

-I met a girl the other night who personally knew KMG to the extent that when I said I was a fan of ATL, she put me on the phone with him

-My good friend, actually the girl in my signature picture, got a job at this smoke shop I used to work at. There's a barbecue place right next door. The barbecue next door hired snoop's cousin in law Donecia and she met my homegirl at the smokeshop asking about a weed connect which led her to calling me. we chilled and smoked and talked about dogg pound as she showed me pictures of her and all those cats.

-a week or two later she had dirty left (snoop's brother) call me cause he was looking for herb and i always know where that shit is.
chilled and smoked with him a couple times, was cool.

-donecia invited me and the two people in my sig (my homey, and the the homegirl, they're a couple) to a recording session last night. I thought G Clinton and Kokane were gonna be recording with Donecia but they were just working on Kokane's new project. So I just went as Donecia's friend, but when I met those cats Quaze and Kokane and all them I told them I was a dubcnn founding member (which is more or less true if you want to get technical/be a bitch about it) and they were like "this dude's major, we gotta be fuckin' with him." and they were cool as fuck the rest of the night. I had like two joints, Josef Leimberg kept rolling blunts so I got faded as fuck listening to George clinton funk out.

-T

westcoastavengers.com