Author Topic: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight  (Read 3494 times)

TRG

Re: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
man thats some awesome shit, lookin for to seeing those pics hopefully

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »
the chick in my sig took the pics, it's all up to when she gets on the computer and loads 'em up and emails 'em to me

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »
damn thats so cool

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 03:31:38 PM »
is gearge clinton really as spaced out as its made?
funkyfreshintheflesh

We Fly High

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 03:42:44 PM »
yo tanj - you cant be claiming dubcnn, you have nothing to do with it..

i'm sorry but aint nothing going up on the front page for you. bottom line you cant be frontin like youre from dubcnn, yeah you might've done something with the vault back in the days for this forum, but the forum and dubcnn are in itself different entities. and definitely dont be claiming that youre a "Founding Member"... come on dogg.. be straight with yourself. we can leave it at that, or we can let soundscanners know that you were trippin and fakin it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:56:22 PM by We Fly High »

~Lucien~

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 04:06:24 PM »
lol @ dubcnn founding member  ;D

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 04:11:54 PM »
It's like that?

Look I was the first to give Nima props and stuff when it came up if they asked, I didn't say I did anything more than I did. And I guess I should have been more clear. I'm sorry if it offends anyone but why not have more correspondents if the connections are there and easily made? It's not like I don't write stuff for the intent of dubcc members enjoyment, it's not like I don't contribute to the community and all that.  

and I want nothing on the front page for me. I don't want my name mentioned or nothing but I see no reason Kokane and this group of artists he was working with can't get a pic on that front page and a little caption mentioning Kokane's project coming up in the first quarter of 2008.  

I was just trying to help everyone while having a good time. I don't need name credit or anything, I understand my role was minimal. Anyway, Kokane asked me to have Nima call him. I PMed Nima and he can call Kokane and I'm sure Kokane's just gonna say he wants some coverage.

All I wanna do is send you guys the pictures (and there's one without me that has Kane and his people that probably be ideal for what they have in mind) and a caption for that page.

I'm sorry that it came off as fronting but as far as I saw it, I was on location and am a member of the community. I'm not trying to step on any toes, but if Kokane could get that coverage I'll leave it alone and make sure not to do that shit again. I really am sorry, didn't mean for it to come off that way.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 04:16:28 PM »
lol @ dubcnn founding member  ;D

I am and have always been a member of this community of people, and if anyone would have asked me to go into specifics that's what I would have said.

Was I not in the position to get some pictures and some information to Nima, harmlessly? I was cool,smoked people out, didn't shine a bad light on the community or anything. I do see where you're coming from but I don't think I'm as illegitimate as I feel alot of people are about to paint me as.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

~Lucien~

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »
you said it right. a member. a founding member is someone who started this site. came up with the idea of beginning a westcoast hip hop website and forum. I think you was outta line for posting that you are a founding member. but it's all good. I don't have problems with you. we all make mistakes. but this is not my problem. I'm not a DUBCNN staff member or anything.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »
When the dre2001.com board went to shit, he said "Let's start some new shit, who's with me?" and I was down. I went immediately, helped get the forum crackin', moderated the vault, contributed a bunch of info the vault and album review sections when the shit was getting started. I never said I did anything that I didn't and as internet/limited as that involvement was, involvement it was. I didn't say I owned the site, ran the site, ANYthing like that.

That said, I did make a mistake in how distinct dubcc/dubcnn is but it does say WCC is the official forum of dubcnn and all but given the nature of the organization/site I think that's a legitimate mistake and like I said, I'm sorry I was naive enough to have made it.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:13 PM »
Everyone hating on Tanjint needs to shut the hell up...Dude is part of the reason the board became what it is. As far as I'm concerned, he IS a co-founding member of this place and all the affiliates that came after...PeACe

rik

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »
Damn man, that must have been an experience! I wouldn't mind kicking it with these cats, smoking on some bomb.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 06:24:42 PM »
Everyone hating on Tanjint needs to shut the hell up...Dude is part of the reason the board became what it is. As far as I'm concerned, he IS a co-founding member of this place and all the affiliates that came after...PeACe

Props, NIK I appreicate the defense but for the record I am totally cool with WFH and Lu. I just want Kokane to get a picture and a caption on the site once my homegirl sends the pictures to me and I send 'em to Nima. I really am sorry if I offended anyone and don't want any credit. I just don't want to disappoint Kokane.

And for the record, all I meant to imply by saying founding member of dubcnn is that I have been a part of this community since the beginning. I just meant to communicate that I was an old fan of that style of music and Kokane in particular and have been involved in the dub community (which is a legitimate and true statement) since the beginning. I understand WFH's grievance; he put in alot of work on this and it looks like this kid was trying to claim his fame, jump on the bandwagon and just milk the fruits of his labors.

In actuality I was just trying to
-get some cool shit for the site. Noncentz did it, remember Shorty B? You think he didn't mention Dubcnn in his initial talks with him?
-get Kokane and those people some coverage cause they were really cool and nice.
-have a good time, and I did.

I was not trying to claim someone elses work, I didn't say I paid for the server, didn't say I was this or that...all I meant was I've been a member since the founding, hence the phrase I used. I won't use it again, sorry.

-T

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 05:04:28 AM by Tanjibility is voting to protect medical marijuana: Clinton »

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »
Damn man, that must have been an experience! I wouldn't mind kicking it with these cats, smoking on some bomb.

yeah, it was really chill. +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »
Don't trip, T...Handle your shit. 8)