Author Topic: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight  (Read 3468 times)

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »
It looks like alll Tanj did was happen to meet George Clinton and Kokane through someone he knows and wanted to share his experience with the forum. Not to purposely claim dubcnn and rub it in your guys faces like what your making seem like. Just my opinion.

We Fly High

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2007, 03:45:49 PM »
Some people just have sticks up their asses, and some don't...You guys really think Kokane is all wondering about Tanjint, and contemplating if he's the founder of dubcnn or not? you honestly think he gives a shit?...I'd be surprised if he even remembers T said anything about that. Seriously, though, chill out...As far as I'm concerned, the OGs on here who helped create the dub got more claim than cats who later jumped on the boat and helped create the dubs child, dubcnn...You guys needa loosen up, kick back, and recognize. It's all supposed to be love. Newbies :grumpy:...PeACe

i know kokane doesnt give a shit. i dont care about kokane either. but if tanj was to continue doing this, eventually down the line, theres going to be some confusion/miscommunication between certain artists and our dubcnn team

People like Lil Jay who deals with Soundscanners (Quaze/Josef) heavy... when Tanj claims dubcnn which is essentially tying himself to Lil Jay as an associate, its giving Quaze and Josef the wrong impression. Believe it or not, this sort of situation has happened before, and artists were disappointed that we were not keeping our staff tight. Throughout our five year development of the website, a lot of us have worked real hard to develop these relationships with these artists. And it aint right when someone comes around and exploits these relationships.

dude i dont really care who got more claim or what, dubcc/dubcnn, Og's and newbies. its the matter of principles and facts.
Fact: Tanj is not dubcnn
Principle: Tanj should not be claiming Dubcnn, if he is not dubcnn.

I really dont know whats so hard to understand, its simple.  I'm not making this a big deal, but i just want him to acknowledge that. I believe he has, so lets keep it movin. Once again, i know that he did not intentionally try to rub it in our face and everything, i know it was a honest mistake, but i just have to point certain things out.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:53:38 PM by We Fly High »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »
+1 Tanj, its not everyday you get to meet a legend  8)

Its obvious T meant no harm and had an opportunity and just ran with it. Im just hopin this is a dead issue.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Yeah it is a dead issue... Tanj made an honest mistake, he appologized, it's cleared up!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2007, 07:42:39 PM »
I hope you guys had the audacity to NOT embarrass him...

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »
so when the hell is so called "staff" gonna put the pics and shit up?
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2007, 08:08:55 PM »
Some people just have sticks up their asses, and some don't...You guys really think Kokane is all wondering about Tanjint, and contemplating if he's the founder of dubcnn or not? you honestly think he gives a shit?...I'd be surprised if he even remembers T said anything about that. Seriously, though, chill out...As far as I'm concerned, the OGs on here who helped create the dub got more claim than cats who later jumped on the boat and helped create the dubs child, dubcnn...You guys needa loosen up, kick back, and recognize. It's all supposed to be love. Newbies :grumpy:...PeACe

i know kokane doesnt give a shit. i dont care about kokane either. but if tanj was to continue doing this, eventually down the line, theres going to be some confusion/miscommunication between certain artists and our dubcnn team

People like Lil Jay who deals with Soundscanners (Quaze/Josef) heavy... when Tanj claims dubcnn which is essentially tying himself to Lil Jay as an associate, its giving Quaze and Josef the wrong impression. Believe it or not, this sort of situation has happened before, and artists were disappointed that we were not keeping our staff tight. Throughout our five year development of the website, a lot of us have worked real hard to develop these relationships with these artists. And it aint right when someone comes around and exploits these relationships.

dude i dont really care who got more claim or what, dubcc/dubcnn, Og's and newbies. its the matter of principles and facts.
Fact: Tanj is not dubcnn
Principle: Tanj should not be claiming Dubcnn, if he is not dubcnn.

I really dont know whats so hard to understand, its simple.  I'm not making this a big deal, but i just want him to acknowledge that. I believe he has, so lets keep it movin. Once again, i know that he did not intentionally try to rub it in our face and everything, i know it was a honest mistake, but i just have to point certain things out.

lol wow dint know u workd on the dubb

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »
props T, you got the contacts. sounded like a dope experience. Whats Goerge Clinton working on tracks for?

Don Seer

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2007, 08:35:52 AM »

who died and made you the OG police?

tanjint was a dude that posted here once, fucked off for a long time and came back..
he never 'founded' this forum, and neither did you.

you are long standing members.. you can't demand respect.. you have to earn it.. you haven't earned yours..
tanjint has more respect in his little finger despite his abscence than you've earned in your entire time here..

NIK = NOT A FACTOR..

your "OG" status is the only thing you've ever done.. all you ever claim..

its sad that you signed up to a forum and are still repping that status 5/6 years later..
talking like you actually did something, like you made something..
when all you ever made, and still make is a bunch of fucking noise

who else reps OG status like that on here? or anywhere?

i signed up to ebay and paypal over 6 years ago.. does that make me special?
do they owe me something, or would they laugh in my face?

the only person who "founded" this forum is me.

i did all the work.. even way back when.. i installed the first version, paid for it, the whole damn show..

when it was stated off the back of a conversation with b-please i politically positioned the forum so that it was aligned with the biggest west coast sites of the day.. b-please gave me the leg up to have the forum represent his site.. which was on top at the time.. and the sites he was affiliated with.. from virtually nothing.

WC Killaz, and DPGC200, the original West Coast Aftershock, the Shiznit and WC2K.
(some of those members of a "west coast affiliates" group)

and i positioned things so i owned the site, and that only I had the full access passwords

I used those sites to funnel members this way.. along with that.. members came from the dre2001 forums  there was never a straight line between the two..

it was a coup.. i had the users of the biggest west coast sites of the day, plus members from some of the forums i'd been posting on coming over here too.. one of those forums being dre2001 forum (i was also posting on the dreday forums and a few more)

at some point the affiliation people were making demands.. and realised i'd snuck in the back door..
their members were listening to us over here, people couldnt tell who was from where..
(just like how today people dont understand that dubcc isnt dubcnn etc)
so they kicked the forum from the affiliates and tried to go it alone with the wc killaz forum..

so i forged new affiliations with other web sites outside their "WCA" structure..
convinced these sites to post their news here in return for an advertising spot.. in the top corner..
in my mind it kept people visiting here for their news.. as all their news was here.. why visit their sites?

then what? rud ran one of these new sites (world wide westsite) and was talking about relaunching his site with a new name..
we spoke for months abuot the right way to do things, a plan, a layout etc..
and so things didnt fall apart like so many other sites have and still do...
we made sure that he had absolute control of this new site..
oh it was called dubcnn.. yeah "i invented" the name in a chat..
and I renamed this forum dubcc inline with it a little later..
i helped out a lot in the early days, now i dont do much..
i was never meant to, my responsibility has always been keeping this forum going
and helping them if they need a tech hand

i dont remember anyone else ever helping with this?
i dont remember anyone else ever paying the bills, or staying up to all hours trying to keep this place open.

your self importance is astounding, and frankly your ego is disturbing

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:14:41 AM by Seer - San »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2007, 09:44:42 AM »
so when the hell is so called "staff" gonna put the pics and shit up?

Not their fault the pics ain't up yet, I didn't get them and send them till an hour ago.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 09:48:24 AM »

tanjint was a dude that posted here once, fucked off for a long time and came back..

you are long standing members.. you can't demand respect.. you have to earn it.. you haven't earned yours..
tanjint has more respect in his little finger despite his abscence than you've earned in your entire time here..

NIK = NOT A FACTOR..

its sad that you signed up to a forum and are still repping that status 5/6 years later..

i did all the work.. even way back when.. i installed the first version, paid for it, the whole damn show..

when it was stated off the back of a conversation with b-please i politically positioned the forum so that it was aligned with the biggest west coast sites of the day.. b-please gave me the leg up to have the forum represent his site.. which was on top at the time.. and the sites he was affiliated with.. from virtually nothing.

WC Killaz, and DPGC200, the original West Coast Aftershock, the Shiznit and WC2K.
(some of those members of a "west coast affiliates" group)

and i positioned things so i owned the site, and that only I had the full access passwords

I used those sites to funnel members this way.. along with that.. members came from the dre2001 forums  there was never a straight line between the two..

it was a coup.. i had the users of the biggest west coast sites of the day, plus members from some of the forums i'd been posting on coming over here too.. one of those forums being dre2001 forum (i was also posting on the dreday forums and a few more)

at some point the affiliation people were making demands.. and realised i'd snuck in the back door..
their members were listening to us over here, people couldnt tell who was from where..
(just like how today people dont understand that dubcc isnt dubcnn etc)
so they kicked the forum from the affiliates and tried to go it alone with the wc killaz forum..

so i forged new affiliations with other web sites outside their "WCA" structure..
convinced these sites to post their news here in return for an advertising spot.. in the top corner..
in my mind it kept people visiting here for their news.. as all their news was here.. why visit their sites?

then what? rud ran one of these new sites (world wide westsite) and was talking about relaunching his site with a new name..
we spoke for months abuot the right way to do things, a plan, a layout etc..
and so things didnt fall apart like so many other sites have and still do...
we made sure that he had absolute control of this new site..
oh it was called dubcnn.. yeah "i invented" the name in a chat..
and I renamed this forum dubcc inline with it a little later..
i helped out a lot in the early days, now i dont do much..
i was never meant to, my responsibility has always been keeping this forum going
and helping them if they need a tech hand

i dont remember anyone else ever paying the bills, or staying up to all hours trying to keep this place open.

Not dissing NIK when I say I agree with you but yeah, I agree and never said I did anything that I didn't and I'm sorry seer if that was ever the implication. I only said what I said to imply the meaning that I had been a member of the community known as dubcnn since it's original inception(which I know now even that isn't a fully informed/correct statement) and nothing else but yeah I hope and believe it's cleared up.

and NIK your phrasing's just a bit off, I think you either meant to say

"I hope you didn't have the audacity to embarass him" or "I hope you had the decency not to embarrass him" and as far as the sentiment goes,while appreciated, I believe they're gonna explain my actual status to artists in question and not say anything like I lied or deceived anyone, which is totally legit on all sides I think.

-T
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:14:16 AM by Tanjibility is voting to protect medical marijuana: Clinton »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Don Seer

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »
theres nothing there against you tanjint..

NIK always talks like he started this shit.. and talks down to newer members etc....  dudes an idiot

sooner he and other people realise that being a member on a forum for a long time doesnt make you "better".. the better

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »
LOL

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

SGV

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »

NIK = NOT A FACTOR..

LMAO @ All that! Especially the bold. I can't wait to read what NIK has to say.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
ouch!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network