Author Topic: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?  (Read 16007 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »
if Dre were to pony up some pay to get an unreleased Pac verse to throw on there that'd be tight hopefully

it'd be dope to see some Dre solo's
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:05 PM »
People That Dont Want On It

Eminem
50 Cent
Jay-Z
G-UNIT
Pretty much anybody thats not westcoast

true homie but to bad cuz all of them will be on that album  :-\

no1wammy

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 09:31:31 PM »
Because Detox is Dre's last album, it will most likely be a double-disc album that is sure to fuck the Cadillacs, clubs and conventions good like foreplay. Dre is a bad ass producer who knows the ins and outs of beat making, but most importantly direction. A lot of producers beef on him because he steals beats, but remember that you can't be a producer if you just make beats. There needs to be coaching, instructions, rules - that's why Dre is nicknamed the Doc for a reason.

Beat handling - keep it all Dre. He did it since The Chronic and Chronic 2001. He will be coaching producers, however, so keep an eye out for some "no-namers."

Guest stars are gonna be very interesting. Most likely, it will be every choice artist that has worked with Dr. Dre throughout his music career. Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Ice Cube, MC Ren, DJ Quik, Kurupt, Daz Dillinger, The Game, Cypress Hill, Too Short, Knoc'turnal, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Bishop Lamont, Ras Kass, 40 Glocc, Lil' Eazy E, and other familiar west coast names - they'll be in it.

Who's also kicked it with the Surgeon General? Eminem, Jay-Z, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Lil' Wayne, Eve, Jadakiss, Obie Trice, 50 Cent & G-Unit, Gwen Stefani, Mary J. Blige. But do not forget - Joell Ortiz is part of the Aftermath roster, and Omar Cruz might seal one of Doc's beats on his upcoming Sign Of The Cruz album.

Suffice to say, anything can happen.

Al Bundy

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »
I don't give a fuck who is on it. As long as it's good which follows no guidelines.

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »
fuck that it aint never coming out

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »
I know we got the full length LA Times interview, but was the GQ interview ever posted?
The LA Times interview was pretty good, but the interviewer didn't ask much about Detox itself.

SAINTX3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 11:07:30 PM »
First of all, I think Dre should expand Detox over a double CD at LEAST! All these years, it's the least he can do for his fans....How about a "4 CD Set"!!!!! That would be unheard of! And just get the entire westcoast on it!!! He should get everyone back on board from Chronic 2001 PLUS add on a whole new slew of westcoast artists on top of that, and re-unite with The Game! Collaborate with DJ Quik as well as Lil Eazy-E and DJ Yella!!! How about Ice Cube?? Shit, while he's at it he should put that N.W.A. album back on the drawing board and use Lil Eazy-E in place of his late father!!! Dre needs to stop fucking around and go above and beyond anyones expectations whith this album and just really make a unrivaled, unmatchable diamond masterpiece!!!!!!

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
01 - Cinematic (Morning to night - a day in compton/california)
02 - Co Producers (Kanye, The Runners, RZA, Lil' Jon, Hi Tek, DJ Paul/Juicy J, Just Blaze, The Neptunes, Mel Man, Daz, Warren G)
03 - Guests (Snoop, Kurupt, 2Pac, Biggie, Eazy, NWA, Eminem, 50 Cent, Spider Loc, Young Buck, Game)
04 - DVD behind the scenes
05 - Remix Disc
06 - The DETOX story in the album credits (the story of the character, kinda like a comic book)
07 - Manaj and Hood Surgeon DVD

spider fucking loc and young buck? what the fucks wrong with you?

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
To actually be released.

Okka

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »
Joell Ortiz is part of the Aftermath roster

Is he really signed?

messi19

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 06:54:10 PM »
Im guessin like dude said before i think the production will be like shit he did for Jay-Z (Lost Ones, 30 Something) Snoop (Imagine) with Piano riffs and stuff like dat.

The album will probably be a double disc, if not shit is just stupid cuz he said he was gonna have people he's been workin with through out the years. And truust 50 will be on the album, with a track featuring him, Game and then Dre.

But on some real shit if it was up to me, feature wise, i'd pick:

Suge on the intro

Britney Spears (on a hook)

50 cent & G-Unit

Timbaland

Liiiil Wayne aka the best rappa alive Weezy F. Baby.

and then maybe T.I., Ja Rule., Snoop and Eminem.

LOL im just playin..

Game
Snoop
X-Z
Crooked I
NWA wit Lil-E
Nas, Scarface (or maybe Jay-Z but i dont think he would fit in) on a track
DJ Quik, MC Eith on a track
Butch Cassidy
Ice Cube, WC, Mack 10 on a track (LOL)
Bone Thugs
Bishop
DPG
Nate Dogg

and shiit then maybe give the new cats some shit instead..like Ya Boy, Jay Rock and them.

Yeah i know, im goin overboard LMAO, but like i said this is just what i woulda made cuz he gotta come with somethings that'll go ova our heads (n/h)..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:05:53 PM by messi19 »

DR. DRE

• Lil Geezy
  • AFTERMATH ENTERTAINMENT CEO/PRODUCER
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
Be patient. I'm working on a gem for you all.
Detox is coming!!
Aftermath weight bench press champion ( I see you Busta )

WestCoasta

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 07:00:40 PM »
01 - Cinematic (Morning to night - a day in compton/california)
02 - Co Producers (Kanye, The Runners, RZA, Lil' Jon, Hi Tek, DJ Paul/Juicy J, Just Blaze, The Neptunes, Mel Man, Daz, Warren G)
03 - Guests (Snoop, Kurupt, 2Pac, Biggie, Eazy, NWA, Eminem, 50 Cent, Spider Loc, Young Buck, Game)
04 - DVD behind the scenes
05 - Remix Disc
06 - The DETOX story in the album credits (the story of the character, kinda like a comic book)
07 - Manaj and Hood Surgeon DVD

spider fucking loc and young buck? what the fucks wrong with you?

if 2Pac and Biggie isn't the dumbest idea I don't know what is...

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 09:43:19 PM »
I think tuscan raiders are an undervalued benefit to the economy and all this bs about them "leeching off the system" is blown way out of proportion

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
True,ppl will be disappointed no matter when it's going to be released (the expectations are so unrealistic)
I obviously don't know how the "2004" Detox would sound like,but even back then, ppl would have been disappointed
(if it's true that the beats that were supposed to be on that Detox,were sold to other artists,I'm glad detox didn't come out in 2004).
about cancelling,he should do that if he can't release it between now&2 years I guess,cause if he's not ready soon,he'll never be ready.
but before the chronic,he also had a lot of pressure
(I mean, he was continuing to develop a different sound,he never knew it would become so popular,what if it flopped?),
even though it's different. But it didn't ruin the quality of the album.
Before The Chronic 2001,he had pressure,to prove that he didn't fall off.
So if he can't complete Detox,that means it's the first time that the pressure is too much for him to release a soloalbum.
I'm not saying it's easy,but so far,the pressure motivated Dre even more (well at least with the first 2 albums).
and yeah i noticed that the subject matter in the topic has changed a lot,but that's good,
cause i think we shouldn't give the topic starter too much attention.

It became another Detox thread ha,ha.
Maybe Jome should merge it with another one?
Like the "The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?" that´s going?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.25
There is some interesting things in the thread like the cinematic approach that no one really picked up on.
I can copy and paste in here? or Jome can merge the threads what do you think?
Yeah,but pressure is even more this time around because he got two certified SOLO albums under his belt this time around.
When he dropped the first Chronic he didn´t have a classic SOLO album to follow up,
you could argue that every top to bottom Dre produced album is a "solo" release (I know I would),
so then I guess you´re right he had to follow up a almost flawless merit.
(Straight outta Compton,Eazy Duz it,No One can do it better,100 Miles and Runnin and Niggaz4Life was all almost flawless classics).
...and on top of that Tim Dog had taken the Hip Hop scene by storm with his hit "Fuck Compton",
so yeah he had to prove that he and the entire West Coast had what takes to make tight shit. So yeah when I think about you´re right.
When it came to The Chronic 2001 it was another scenario,sure he had to follow up a classic SOLO album,
but the Hip Hop scene had doubts that he had what takes anymore.
The Aftermath and The Firm both got luke warm reviews,
even if they should NOT be credited as Dre "solo" work,hell he only produced like 5-7 tracks on each right?

yeah i guess you're right tusken when you say that the pressure for detox is so different from any other dre situation. dre has accomplished so many things, and came up with a few different sounds during his whole career, that after all those years the expectation level is so high.
but i don't think that's a reason not to release the album. i mean, saleswise it will probably do well; ppl may be disappointed at first, but may appreciate the album much more later.

and about the albums you mentioned that could be called a dre soloalbum; well any album that has dre production from top to bottom could be called a dre soloalbum yes ( basically no aftermath release fit in that category, with the exception of 2001, since it's obviously an official dre soloalbum). the aftermath compilation is very close to being one, even though it had some R&B tracks on it, most tracks had a matching sound.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:00:16 AM by Dre-Day »