Author Topic: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?  (Read 16004 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 03:21:12 AM »
We all know that beats really set the tone in terms of structure and sometimes content of songs. I think Dre's gonna emphasize the "structure" aspect of the music, and shift the paradigm away from three verses and a hook.
I was listening to Don't Get Carried Away and noticed how during Nas' verse the beat sounds different to accompany Nas' voice/flow. Like the strings get more dramatic in the background...it really differentiates Nas from Busta in the song.
What I think Dre could be moving towards for the Detox is having certain "characteristics" of the music repeat when a certain rapper comes on. I know he's expressed how he wants his final album to transcend hip hop into a more cinematic approach (this is what prog and other types of rock have been experimenting with for a long time). Attaching a certain instrument or sound to a rapper makes them more of a character and familiarizes the listener with his/her "character" so to speak. Now some of you might be put off by this, but it could be subtle things like something in the drums that is added in or a certain instrument.
Interesting things come up from this. For example, the beginning and end of the album could sound structurally and musically alike, but the middle reaches depths or heights that don't sound like the intros/finales. Or the entire album completely changes from beginning to end, but the change is gradual and suspenseful.
i really do hope dre is still using that concept, because don't get carried away is such a great song. even though i don't really like the song don't worry as much as i like don't get carried away, they are both great examples of what you just said ( with "don't worry" the beat is very different when mary J signs, then during the moments the game raps).
and if it's really true that Dre tries to work with ( almost) everybody that he has worked with in the past, the concept will work out well, because then he will have so many different kind of artists on the album and that creates a varied listening experience. besides, dre is very good at making an instrumental that matches a specific artist, so if anybody can pull this off, it's dre.

i mean, 2001 was a good album, but he still played it safe(especially when it comes to lyrics). so i don't think he should do that again, he must go further than that. i mean, "just" creating a new sound that can be recognised in every song is not enough, he should come up with a different beat structure(like you said lakers), so that transition from one song to another is more smooth ( that would mean the whole album is basically one big song, one story; not just a lot of pieces put together and mixed to have a matching sound).
i also hope the concept won't be just put on the cd, but somehow expanded in other things as well ( the booklet, an international tour, additional video material on dvd, internet), so that all those pieces tell a part of the story;it doesn't have to be a soundtrack to a movie( the direction of the music, and the subject matter would be limited that way).
as far as promoting detox, offcourse he should do the things he usually does, but he must really use the internet a lot more ( i mean, other ppl can help him with that).
unfortunately, dre is a behind the scenes type of person, so he'll probably never do record some stuff for youtube.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 08:49:08 AM »
Still think Dre should do a track called "The Final Episode".
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2007, 03:27:46 AM »
hehe, funny that you come up with these quotes again, to keep the discussion going  ;) i just felt like i didn't really had anything to add anymore in this topic.
it's just too bad that apart from us, not many have come up with something that would keep the discussion alive ( i know it's hard, that's why not just us should do it)

just to make sure that i know what this concept is all about( after checking this topic again, i got a little confused); so all of the artists that will be on detox are going to be a "character", so they do their part of the story (either by singing or rapping ), and as soon as an other character appears on a song the beat changes ( just like with the song "Don't get carried away"). ok that's pretty clear, but
So instead of just putting out a final album as a vocalist and staying behind a desk or a mix board -in essence watching others do what he still seems to like,which is rapping- he can put the album out the leap right into film,as even more visual way of expressing himself...
that quote got me a little confused. i mean, directing a movie is a lot more visual than doing detox ( i mean, yeah the music tells a story, but it's only audio. unless the whole album is a big music video, i think it's a major switch).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
yeah, but i think it's funny that not many ppl contribute to this topic; some ppl have their mouth full in the "regular" detox topics, but as soon as there is some serious discussion topic about detox, they won't reply. i'm not demanding anybody to contribute here, but if you don't post here, then at least post some constructive criticism about the album in other "serious" detox topics.

anyway, back to the concept:
MTV
www.mtv.com/news/articles/1453255/20020403/dr-dre.jhtml
Dr.Dre;
"I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore,so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record trough a characther's eyes,"
Dre said,"And everybody that appears on my album is going to be a characther,so it's basically going to a hip hop musical"

www.hhnlive.com/features/more/239
...Recently,he's been saying he's going to release it. And while he's done this before and failed to deliver,one difference this time is that he now has a new film deal for his imprint crucial.
So instead of just putting out a final album as a vocalist and staying behind a desk or a mix board -in essence watching others do what he still seems to like,which is rapping- he can put the album out the leap right into film,as even more visual way of expressing himself...

well i like the idea of the movie thing, as long as it's more advanced than the wash ( and the soundtrack); the wash wasn't bad, but i'm expecting a bit more from a final solo project. i mean, the connection between the movie "The Wash" and the soundtrack wasn't so strong. and if it's too hard for dre to make a full movie out of detox, he could always reduce the playing time of the movie ( as long as it's not as short as murder was the case; otherwise it's impossible to make a full soundtrack off of it); that way Dre can completely expand the vibe of the story through the music. creating the story is going to be hard though; contentwise it doesn't really matter to me, it doesn't have to be revolutionary, although i hope it will be a bit more original than the wash ( but still have a good representation of each artist's/character's personality involved).

by the way, 50 cent even had his own videogame, he succesfully exploited his own story with different tools(regardless of the quality, he did a good job at promoting himself). i'm not saying that dre should make a deal with a game developer, i'm just saying that a videogame, is just another tool i can think of than can expand the vibe of detox ( so it's more than a gimmick).

Scratch; Did you have any conversation about DETOX?
Mahogany; The road Dre lead me down was like "i´m thinking about making the album like a movie,like having 16 bar jazz pieces,live instruments." So I started looking for jazz loops and found one by the group WAR,a 22-bar loop of keys. I think it just tells a story. Dre is trying to tell a story so the instruments have to do that
Scratch; So what story are you trying to tell?
Mahogany; "Bad Intensions" was about party,exess etc. In the movie "Very Bad Things",four dudes were having a bachelor party in Vegas,doing drugs,sex etc. Then something tragic happens with one of the hookers. So I was thinking it opens with one last party,and something tragic happens to make him want to DETOX
maybe it's just me, but to me the song "Bad Intentions" it not much more than a loop with a few sound effects. don't get me wrong, the song is not bad at all, but the concept wasn't worked out well through the instrumental imo. thankfully, this song is 6 years old, and we've already mentioned better songs that would fit the detox concept better.

What these comments by Dre and Ronin Ro seem to imply is that it will be a soundtrack to a actual movie,
where the artists plays a alter ego characther to go along with whatever story Dre got plans for.
This is very interesting if they manage to pull it off.
Takes a lot of work,maybe that´s what is "delaying" it?
Dre want´s this to be the album they remember him for,
so it got to be some next level shit and "just another" album might not be enough?
Maybe I´m reading to much into it?
nah you got it right; i mean, in 1999 with "2001" he did a good job(even though it wasn't as influential as the Chronic ), but he can't release another "2001" with an updated sound in 2007( i certainly expect dre to at least try to come up with something different, and i'm not just talking about the sound).

lol this topic is good, it got me hyped up for detox  :laugh: even though we don't know much about the current state of detox, it's so interesting to have all these interviews put together with our own ideas.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 02:40:06 PM by Dre-Day »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 02:42:36 AM »
anyway, back to the concept:
MTV
www.mtv.com/news/articles/1453255/20020403/dr-dre.jhtml
Dr.Dre;
"I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore,so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record trough a characther's eyes,"
Dre said,"And everybody that appears on my album is going to be a characther,so it's basically going to a hip hop musical"

www.hhnlive.com/features/more/239
...Recently,he's been saying he's going to release it. And while he's done this before and failed to deliver,one difference this time is that he now has a new film deal for his imprint crucial.

uuuuuuhhhhh,now you got me worried. The Wash is far from a classic movie and soundtrack.
Hope he don´t think along those lines,like you said,it´s not that the movie and OST was that bad but still.....
I was hoping for a more artistic vision,with the actual music playing along with the movie with the story line and little or non dialog at all. It could be animated,whatever like some shit you can put on at home in the background with images while the music is playing.
No the content don´t have to be revolutnionary,I actually would be prefer if it was abstract and artsy than some shallow corny shit.
Game? Why not? It may sound like a gimmick,but it´s the way the content is presented that matters in the end.

Yeah,that´s why the story line idea is good.
He has kind of run out of subject matter,
we don´t need to hear the same "resurection" shit that he has been using ever since The Chronic 2001 up until now.
...and good and "easy" way to go around this is to play it out in a alter ego persona.

yeah, that's why i said i was a little confused in one of my previous posts. i guess you're right, if detox would also be like a regular movie, it would have been too big an too risky ( i was already thinking, how is dre going to pull this off, he doesn't really have actors on his team?). so detox (hopefully!) will be similar to murder was the case(there wasn't much dialog in it right?), just a lot longer, that would be awesome! and that will most likely happen, and i think that's what dre had in mind when talking to mtv.
yeah a videogame would be good, because a videogame can have the same story, or it can actually tell the story before detox, or something like that. it's not required though, but like i said, it's one tool that i can think of that can expand the detox vibe, and i hope anybody else can mention a few other tools.

The Mahogany interview is like only a year old,but still...
I don´t think that Mahogany meant that they should use that track again,but a similar scenario played out.
I don´t think Mahogany is involved with record,from what I could gather so far into the production of the album,
The Core Detox team consists of writers and artists that will help Dre to articulate Dre´s idea´s;
Busta Rhymes,Stat Quo,Bishop Lamont,Eminem and The D.O.C.
yeah i don't think Mahogany is going to be involved with detox either, he's probably just one of the many producers that sold a beat to dre, which might end up on detox.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 01:33:52 PM »
im hoping it comes out sometime soon

d-nice

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 11:22:12 PM »
At this point I just want the shit to drop already. Not really worried about guests, Dre always has that covered.

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 12:49:05 AM »
limited guest appearances. i hear people saying they want this guy on a track, and that guy on a track

what for?
do u want a dre album, or a dre compilation album

having a few people on a hook and maybe 1-2 guest rappers definately.
but this is the last dre album, so i dont want verses being taken up by other people

and hopefully the production is cutting edge. something completely out of left-field.
like electronica-type hip hop beats for the West Coast!!
 8)
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 02:43:02 AM »
A before Detox video game is a good idea,that´s actually a better idea than adopting the movies story line.
The Youtube idea you came with is also great,you know how they promote movies these days where the actors stay in characther when they´re out there promoting the movies on talk shows and what not,
they can whole gang of fake ones and post them on youtube
another thing they could also do is make some awesome movie "blockbuster" like trailers like they do for those "blockbuster" movies.
You know.... Coming this summer to a hood near you...bla,bla,bla, starring bla,bla,
By the way,I have requested D-Nice (interesting poster) to come in here to join us.
yeah dre definately needs to do something with youtube(...the video with bishop lamont has been viewed 275719 times. and if dre really has something to show(i'm not talking about videos of recording a cetain beat or something like that, that's only extra material), it will probably be viewed a lot more( shouldn't be too hard, by adding a few good tags). i mean, the latest dr.dre interviews have spread across many websites, a youtube video will obviously spread even faster.
a trailer would be a good idea as well, after all, detox is probably not going to be a regular album.
i just hope that dre doesn't continue with this behind closed doors policy (when it comes to promoting detox) until detox is close to being released. sure, interscope will be willing to help out, but dre shouldn't rely too much on interscope. like i said before, i understand that dre doesn't really like the process of promotion, but he doesn't have to do it all by himself.
i know that a lot of people anticipate detox(they don't need promotion), but if dre really wants to set a trend, he needs a more diverse promotion strategy.

Yeah it seems that those that writers/artists that I mentioned above is the core team for Detox
(from what I have read and seen working in the Aftermath studio recently on photo´s and video´s)
I assume that all those beat makers that has submited beats,
is a way for Dre to look for direction for the sound and the beatmaker
he feels got the sound he´s looking and wants to invite as a co-producer for the project. (This person is probably set by now)
I can´t see Dre making a kind of a compilation type of sounding album like "everybody" is doing these days,
that would be a bad direction if you ask me,
to have all kind of styles of beats will fuck up the albums consistency (like most albums these days).
yeah, it would be very bad idea if dre picked those beats from them and put it on detox. but like you said, he probably won't do that, he will just use them as an inspiration.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 09:04:24 AM »
You can't really premiere tracks on concerts these days anymore, because it first leaks on the net in video format and then the mp3 is everywhere, hence the song being played out before the album drops.

I think Dre should do like Kanye and Jay did; organize bunch of listening sessions for the press, so that all the written previews start hitting the net. Look how well that worked for this new Jay's album.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
I have a feeling that if he does too much concept wise, people won't really accept it until later because it might be too ahead of it's time, and it'll go over a lotta people's heads...so they might not appreciate it at the same level. At this point, most fans could care less about lyrics and stories, let alone a concept for an entire album....it's all about damn singles and weak ringtones now. So I'm sure Dre realizes that fans initial reception might not be as valuable in the future...but a lot of people want this album to "bring the west back", and I don't think it's gonna do that at all...so that's not something I hope for.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 01:37:14 AM »
Moved your post over here since the convo fits this thread.

DUBCNN: Exclusive Video Interview With Bishop Lamont (NEWS-Reformation/Detox
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158535.0

nice interview  :)

BISHOP LAMONT (November 2007) | Interview By: Eddie Gurrola
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bishoplamont07/
He wanted to do it like a twelve step program,like if you go to detox,
the Betty Ford Clinic,it’s a twelve step program. So it could only be twelve records.

Well i obviously prefer quality over quantity,but i do hope Dre can put a few more tracks on it though.
Bishop did confirm that Detox is going to be a concept album,which makes sense,
as some of us already predicted that in the serious Detox topic:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.0 (this thread)

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/children/parents.php

Step 1

We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable. Admit powerlessness over your ability to surrender to your love and not your control.

"Parenting is really a struggle between fear and love." The fear that our children, whom we love so much, can be harmed causes us, as parents, to attempt to control the fear by controlling our children. Managing our children through control creates bitterness in ourselves as parents, and breeds anger and rebellion in our children. The alternative is to accept that pain is a part of living, and that our children can learn from pain just as we do as adults. Admitting powerlessness over our life allows for honest parenting. Through acceptance we can share our love with our children and teach them to protect themselves.

Step 2

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Find hope in the belief that recovery is possible through faith and willingness to work on ourselves.

"Faith is the beginning of hope." The belief in a Power greater than ourselves can help us develop the faith to try new behaviors and create new visions for our families. As members of dysfunctional families, we have all kinds of learned "insanity." These behaviors directly affect our parenting. When we allow a Power greater than ourselves to work in our lives, then miracles are possible.

Step 3

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to God as we understood Him. Reach out for help and acknowledge that you are not alone.

"Asking for help is the lifeline for parents." When we turn our will and our lives over to God, we also turn our children over to His care. Letting go helps us to step aside and let a force greater than ourselves work in our lives and our children's lives. Drawing on the resources around us and attempting to find a good orderly direction helps us gain a sense of peace to meet the challenges of parenting.

Step 4

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Take stock of yourself as a parent .

"Identifying our strengths and weaknesses helps us own reality. When we see how our personality traits affect our children, we realize how we project our fears onto our children, creating self-fulfilling prophecies. By doing the fourth step, we take responsibility for the things we do not like about ourselves instead of projecting them onto our children. When we look at what our family life was like before recovery, we can get a clear picture of where we were and work to avoid repeating past mistakes.

Step 5

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Learn to share your parenting issues without self-recrimination.

Sharing our inventory with God and another person helps us to see patterns that have caused us problems. The guilt from the excessive baggage of the past separates us from those we love. Sharing the things we see with our spouse, friends, and support groups allows us to find that we were not as bad a parent as we thought and we have all kinds of support and guidance available around us. Honest communication with a spouse is important so that your efforts can begin to work together for more effective parenting.

Step 6

Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Become ready to change by giving up the demand to be perfect.

"Be ready to change." Our character defects have been the way the child in us has protected itself from a hostile world. As parents, we must face the child in ourselves and tell ourselves that the time has come to give up the old patterns. We must develop new defenses to use when defenses are necessary. This involves finding new ways that do not involve denying our feelings.

Step 7

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. Make conscious changes in your parenting by identifying specific strategies for healthy parenting.

Willingness to humbly ask for help sets the stage for our spiritual growth as a parent. Since many of us grew up in alcoholic families, asking for help is especially difficult - asking with humility is even harder. We begin to make conscious changes in our parenting. Our old patterns and responses, as well as those of our children, will still occur as we begin to adjust to these changes. Change takes time; setbacks are natural. Setting firm and consistent limits and learning new ways to relate to our children will help as we adjust to the changes.

Step 8

Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Take responsibility for the effect your parenting has had on your children and learn self-forgiveness.

Learn to forgive yourself. Accepting the past as a fact and without guilt is an important part of this step. By taking responsibility for the past, we admit the truth about the past (neither judging too harshly, nor minimizing the effects). We can then commit to changing our behaviors that are harmful and follow through on our commitment. Listing new parenting strategies moves us away from guilt and into responsible action. Deciding to change helps release us from self-recrimination. We need to remember that we did not willfully harm our children; we were doing the best with what we had at the time. Now we have more. Being a recovering parent is like being a recovering alcoholic. We can let go of the shame and guilt when we accept our problem and do something about it.

Step 9

Made direct amends to such people whenever possible except when to do so would harm them or others. Make amends to your children through healthy parenting without over-compensating.

The best way to make amends to our children is by being a better parent. Our children can sense when we are trying to make up for lost time or trying to be the "super parent" because of guilt we have. Children often respond with mistrust or manipulation to our over-compensations. When we commit to be the best parent we can be, we share our lives and attention with our children. We accept each other's differences. We give permission for everyone to express their feelings. We start setting firm loving limits for our children and ourselves. It also means reaching inside to heal the child inside ourselves who cries out for love and attention.

Step 10

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Model being honest with yourself and your children and create acceptance in your family for imperfection.

Our children learn more from what we do than from what we say. This is a step of self-honesty. We must learn to accept our own imperfections and mistakes before we can teach our children that they can be imperfect and still be loved. By modeling self-honesty and self-acceptance, we demonstrate to our children how to deal with life based on "content of their character" and not how close to perfect they can get.

Step 11

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Learn to accept your limits in life and find your true spiritual path while allowing your children theirs.

As parents the hardest limit to accept is the truth that in the end our children will be on their own. By nurturing our own spirituality we, as parents, are able to guide our children toward their own path of spiritual growth. We can share our spiritual principles and values with our children best through our guidance and our example. It is easier to "Let go and let God" when we accept that in the end our children are on their own and we cannot control the choices that they will make. The ability to give thanks for each experience (because experience has made us who we are) helps us to be aware that we are part of a larger plan.

Step 12

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Reach out to other parents in the spirit of giving and community.

"You can't keep it unless you give it away." Sharing our experience, strength, and hope is the cornerstone of our program. We can reach of highest potential through helping others strive to better themselves. We need to be involved in our children's schools, in support groups, and in the community. Carrying the message means reaching out and offering a helping hand to other parents when needed and appropriate. It is learning to lead our children in a loving way and give the child within you all he or she needs to grow.

That the intro is called "Intervention" supports this 12 step concept.
So if it is a movie/musical that will be 12 chapters that he will go trough.
I don´t know if you noticed;
BISHOP LAMONT (November 2007) | Interview By: Eddie Gurrola
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bishoplamont07/

Dubcnn: So it’s definitely a concept-type album?
Oh yeah! I mean, it’s his last hoorah. I always tell people to make it make sense [to them,] this is gonna be his “Return Of The Jedi” in the trilogy of movies. So it’s gonna go hard! I think that’s all you’ve got to say really.
THX it!
But it’s his “Return of the Jedi.”

THX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX

THX is the trade name of a high-fidelity sound reproduction standard for
movie theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, computer speakers, gaming consoles, and car audio systems.
THX stands for Tomlinson Holman's eXperiment.
THX was developed by Tomlinson Holman at George Lucas's company Lucasfilm in 1982 to ensure that the soundtrack for the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, would be accurately reproduced in the best venues.

If you have read some of mellow-mans posts he hints on something like this.
Then I got to invest in a THX system at home,ha,ha  :laugh:
thanks for the background information  ;) yeah i remember that mellowman talked about something like this.

Dre still considering the 12 step thing ? yep Detox sure looks like it's almost finished  ::)
i understand why you're being skeptic, but there's no need to jump to a conclusion. sure, bishop knows something about detox, but he's not with dre for detox most of the time, he's probably invited to do some features, and he may have been able to listen to some tracks, but that's it. besides, just because dre is not sure about the 12 step program, doesn't mean detox is not almost finished? even if he decides to put more than 12 tracks on detox, that doesn't change anything(well unless he's going to do a double cd, but it's very unlikely that dre is going to do that). let's not forget that dre hasn't worked much more than one year in total on detox, he spent a similar amount of time on the chronic if i remember correctly. sure, the eminem album may delay detox a bit, but i don't think dre wants to delay detox for another year, after all the false release dates(yeah that wasn't smart indeed, but aside from that, i don't think we should blame dre for taking the time for his final album). don't get me wrong, i want detox to be released soon, but only if it's really finished.

I have a feeling that if he does too much concept wise, people won't really accept it until later because it might be too ahead of it's time, and it'll go over a lotta people's heads...so they might not appreciate it at the same level. At this point, most fans could care less about lyrics and stories, let alone a concept for an entire album....it's all about damn singles and weak ringtones now. So I'm sure Dre realizes that fans initial reception might not be as valuable in the future...but a lot of people want this album to "bring the west back", and I don't think it's gonna do that at all...so that's not something I hope for.
well the people who keep expecting from the veterans to bring the west back should realise that these veterans won't be around forever. and like i said in an other topic, the world is bigger than the westcoast. besides, if dre comes with another 2001 with an updated sound ppl will be disappointed ( there are a couple of arguments in this topic why he shouldn't release another 2001). like some of us said before, dre cannot prevent that ppl are going to be disappointed (the expectations are unrealistic), he can only do the best he can, and he knows that he can't come up with another 2001 ( he kind of said that in the mtv interview in 2004).

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 02:16:18 AM »
Damn, Dre got sum crazy shit coming. Hope it's gonna work. That could be dope as fuck.  8)
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 04:25:16 AM »

fuck bringing tha west back he should just make a timeless classic for all the fans of good music  8)

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 05:15:13 AM »
I just don't want him making any abrupt changes that would upset his old fans, in example singing through t-pain vocoder or doing songs for bitches. Sticking to old topics, bitches, guns and blunts, suits for me. And no gay-unit on the album.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>