Author Topic: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?  (Read 16008 times)

HEC

Re: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:11 AM »
Chad I agree with Dre-Day, he would have been perfect to discuss this topic with now that we are all on the board and especially since only a few of us are willing to serioulsly talk about it

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2008, 05:42:20 AM »
What Mr. Porter means by "before I go back out there" is supplying beats for Dr Dre’s swan song Detox. He - along with quite a few other notable producers - have been hard at work supplying the good Doctor with a plethora of beats. Many are curious what is going on with the project but Porter can give some insight.

“He just needs that first record,” he says of the hold up on the album. “He’s got records. We’ve busted our ass and I hope Dre feels that way. We really came to the table with different things. But Dre’s going to do that record. We’re not going to do it, we’re just giving him ideas. But Andre Young is going to come with it! It’s just his last record and he’s gotta go out with a bang!”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6711/title.mr-porter-reveals-details-on-eminem-detox-solo-album-more

not sure how to interpret this, but somehow i get the feeling that the album is close to being complete (Dre just needs to pick/make the first 1single).
lol, that will probably take some time, but still  ;)

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6711/title.mr-porter-reveals-details-on-eminem-detox-solo-album-more

Denaun Porter aka Mr. Porter aka Kon Artis from D12 has been a busy man as of late. While putting in work for artists like Little Brother, Pharoahe Monch and Jay Electronica, Mr. Porter revealed to HipHopDX what he has coming up in 2008.

“I definitely am going to help get this D12 album done,” he states about working with his crew. “I got 6 songs that I’m in love with – not just because I did them but because the guys are spitting their hearts out.”

Porter also reveals a solo production album coming out this year titled Who Is John Doe.

“I’m putting out the Who Is John Doe project this year and it’s a great thing because it gives you a CD of all of the beats that didn’t make it (on other albums),” the Detroit producer explains. “It’s all chops and niggas ain’t never heard me do that. They are hearing beats that aren’t even put together. They are raggedy.”

The guest list is full of some of the Motor City's finest.

“The album has got Guilty Simpson, it’s got Black Milk, myself doing solo songs, Phat Kat. It’s got all these cats I came up to listening with Jay Dee. It’s got Slum Village. Elzhi has a solo song on there. Dwele. So I made that project for myself before I go back out there.”

What Mr. Porter means by "before I go back out there" is supplying beats for Dr Dre’s swan song Detox. He - along with quite a few other notable producers - have been hard at work supplying the good Doctor with a plethora of beats. Many are curious what is going on with the project but Porter can give some insight.

“He just needs that first record,” he says of the hold up on the album. “He’s got records. We’ve busted our ass and I hope Dre feels that way. We really came to the table with different things. But Dre’s going to do that record. We’re not going to do it, we’re just giving him ideas. But Andre Young is going to come with it! It’s just his last record and he’s gotta go out with a bang!”

The one thing that piques the curiosity of many is the whereabouts of Porter's close friend, Slim Shady.

“Eminem’s been recording, he’s always working. Me and him haven’t talked much because I have my own career.”

But although he hasn't talked as frequently with his friend as many would think, Porter did take the time to squash a few rumors that had been hovering.

“Em ain’t fat,” Porter laughs as he talks about the blond emcee from 8 Mile. “He fucked his ACL up. What people don’t know is that Em got sick around Christmas and he had pneumonia. Then he fucked his ACL up right after that and that’s a serious injury. He’s straight. He just hurt himself and he’s good. He ain’t high or fucked up somewhere. That nigga is working. I’m going to help him get his record done. I need an Eminem record in my life for my own self. I need that.“

Porter also says that Eminem is completely clean and in great spirits.

“He’s the most clear and at his brightest point. That’s my family. We bump heads because we competitors. I’m cuter than him and he hates it. Bitches love me, they love him too but he got more money than me.“

This is what I suspected. The album is pretty much done, but Dre can't decide on the singles just yet. I understand that though--if he comes with anything that's less than Still D.R.E. or Nuthin But a G Thang level, it could totally change how his album is perceived and disappoint a lot of fans and potential buyers.

HEC

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2008, 07:22:31 AM »

not sure how to interpret this, but somehow i get the feeling that the album is close to being complete (Dre just needs to pick/make the first 1single).

I think it is close to done too. The same thing happened with "2001" the album was just about finished about this time that year but Dre was searching for that first single. I think we will probably start to hear some tracks leak during the summer. I am still looking for a November/December release date

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »
All I want..is Dre to put together an Album, that Other up and Coming producer will try to mimic  for the next 5-10 yrs-Just like what 2001 did..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2008, 07:43:30 AM »

I think it is close to done too. The same thing happened with "2001" the album was just about finished about this time that year but Dre was searching for that first single. I think we will probably start to hear some tracks leak during the summer. I am still looking for a November/December release date

i see, yeah november/december makes sense  ;)

so with 2001 a few tracks were leaked too?
only the singles , or?

HEC

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2008, 07:50:46 AM »

only the singles , or?

the single "Still Dre" was the last song to be finished, it leaked right around early September that year. But songs like "What's The Difference" the OG version with Hitman on it and an slightly different beat were leaked around summer time. I also remember hearing the Royce Track with the "XXXplosive" beat as well.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »

only the singles , or?

the single "Still Dre" was the last song to be finished, it leaked right around early September that year. But songs like "What's The Difference" the OG version with Hitman on it and an slightly different beat were leaked around summer time. I also remember hearing the Royce Track with the "XXXplosive" beat as well.

that's quite a few leaks  :laugh:

i can imagine that it's going to be bigger this time though ( sure Detox doesn't need much promo, but there hasn't been a slim shady LP type of album when it comes to success, to hype Detox  so  :laugh: )

he might as well drop a warmup single with a video  ;)
or a trailer like Chad once suggested  :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2008, 12:34:08 PM »
speaking of club tracks, no typical club tracks for Detox please  :P

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2008, 12:40:07 AM »
Damn, only two verses!!

Damn it would really be something if Dre put something like this on Detox, and start off right where he  ended this track

Probably never happen,Cuz Suge probably owns the rights to this song...

i don't think it will be released properly mastered, but i don't see why such a song/concept can't be used for Detox  ;)

but i think it would be too simple for Detox; it's like Neva have 2 worry  ;)

but the element of talking about his life can definitely be used in whatever concept he has planned for the whole album.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »
I want to hear a lil Detox sample, just 10 seconds....
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2008, 03:16:15 AM »
Damn, only two verses!!

Damn it would really be something if Dre put something like this on Detox, and start off right where he  ended this track

i don't think it will be released properly mastered, but i don't see why such a song/concept can't be used for Detox  ;)

but the element of talking about his life can definitely be used in whatever concept he has planned for the whole album.

? what the hell are you guys talking about?  :P (two verses? , what unmastered tracks? , what concept?)

Dr.Dre - My Life.

i quoted it from an other topic  ;)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=160576.msg1829625#msg1829625
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:52:14 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

HEC

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2008, 05:47:03 AM »
Damn, only two verses!!

? what the hell are you guys talking about?  :P (two verses? , what unmastered tracks? , what concept?)

Dr.Dre - My Life.

i quoted it from an other topic  ;)

ohhh I see  :P ;)
I was a little confused,tried to look for the original post in this thread  :P
You should have copied and posted the link to the OG thread (or post) you jacked it from as well  ;)

anyway,i got it on vinyl.
Note that it´s a promotional copy :P (yeah right  :P  :laugh:)

I can't see the pic Chad, I guess this was the promo to "My Life" that was being discussed

HEC

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2008, 09:03:38 AM »
^^^why can´t you see the pic? ^^^
anyway here´s a link to the flick;
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2453539771_e8a2d258ce_b.jpg

I can't see this one either, must be the settings on my work computer, I'll have to check it when I get home

HEC

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »
^^^why can´t you see the pic? ^^^
anyway here´s a link to the flick;
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2453539771_e8a2d258ce_b.jpg

I can't see this one either, must be the settings on my work computer, I'll have to check it when I get home

maybe they blocked flickr?

probably, there's quite a few sites I don't have access from here