Author Topic: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?  (Read 16161 times)

PsychoHustla

Re: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »
Detox serioullsy aint coming out muthafuckas why get ya hopes up?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »
so which thought has the upperhand for you; frustration due of the area 51 policy, or curiousness when it comes to the suprises that Detox will bring?

for me it's the 2nd option.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2008, 09:39:56 PM »
THe first single should feature snoop dogg nate dogg and game

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2008, 01:55:43 AM »
Trough PM´s me and Dre-Day has been discussing that the "I Dominate" track might be the first single for Detox.
Here´s why;
-First what is Bishop Lamont dominating?
-Bishop said there will be annoncement VERY SOON! in one of his last interviews. (Dre-Day find this  ;))
-The annocement might come on Dre´s birthday.....
-+ Nima said Detox is coming very,very soon. Nima might have some "exclusive" info,yet to be leaked  :D?

So let´s see how this plays out  :D :D

yeah it's just a theory, but remember this:
Dubcnn: As far as “The Reformation” is concerned, you’re going to do a video for the first single soon. Do you want to tell us anything about that?

We’re going to be going somewhere real exotic. Thanks Dre! We’re gonna be having a ball and doing something real stupid, doing something real fresh, real fun for the West Coast. [It’s] not the typical “I’m in the parking lot, I’m in front of a liquor store.” You know what I’m sayin’? That shit is pretty much played! “I’ve got a graffiti backdrop! I’m hood!” I’m 29 by the time you see this, so I ain’t no little kid. We’ve got to do things on a classier level, on a grown man level, and still be big kids and be foolish. So you’re going to enjoy it! I’m gonna leave it alone, but just to let you know, the song is called “I Dominate.” That’s what we’re going to do. We’re gonna dominate the charts, we’re gonna dominate hip-hop. You’ll see!
so like chad said, how is he going to dominate the charts when he relatively unknown to the mainstream? a dre single could help, but the best promotion you can have is to be introduced by dre on detox. the reformation might still drop before detox, but usually dre introduces somebody before releasing their soloalbum ( snoop dogg, hittman).
Eminem was an exception, but i guess that was because of interscope, and the fact that some "old" material was reused; they really want to put an album out fast.

so now this "single" is called Grown Man; i think you were onto something Chad  ;)

focus said this in an interview

How do the songs you heard compare to Dre’s most recent album 2001?

Dre is going to have his listeners understand that growing up is not being uncool. The whole “30 is the new 20” movement, we’re just trying to show that you’re not getting wack. You’re not getting uncool. The thing about it is that everybody is afraid to get older and there’s nothing you can do about that. But Dre has his finger on the pulse of the world and he knows what’s going on and we’re going to show that with his new maturity, his new music is crazy.

so no way that Grown Man is a single for the reformation; Detox is coming first, no question about that.

the aftermath camp needs to stop playing around though  :laugh:

perhaps Grown man is the tentative title for Detox' warmup single or first single ( since i don't know what the plans are with Detox).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »
I dominate and Grown Man definitely sounds like titles that would fit Dre and not Bishop.
And Reformation before Detox,common who are the kidding?

yeah lol, interscope is not stupid.

Hittman2001

« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2008, 09:58:07 AM »
I've been thinking the same thing since i heard the news about the single.  Both those titles seem more like they would be for Dre

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2008, 03:25:38 AM »
so in the DJ Skee radio interview Bishop said that Dre's making two versions of Detox and decide from there  :-\

i don't see how that would make it easier for Dre.

sounds like yet another change of plans  ::)

he can go on as long as he wants, but it seems like he changes his mind so many times, which makes me wonder if Dre will ever be satisfied with a certain version of Detox  :P
and even if he's satisfied with a certain version, that doesn't necessarily mean that this vision will be shared by others; I mean, who knows what Dre has in the vaults.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2008, 04:09:46 AM »
Dre should've just release that album in 04-05 and then if it was crap, they could've tried a comeback together with Eminem...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »
so in the DJ Skee radio interview Bishop said that Dre's making two versions of Detox and decide from there  :-\
I don't see how that would make it easier for Dre.

I think this is a interesting way to work,he actually wants to see/hear what route/concept comes out best (in his opinion).  ;)
I mean instead of setling for one route/concept.

more material=more trouble for Dre; that's what i suspect.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2008, 04:43:37 AM »
This whole thing on page 7 about Denaun saying Dre's got all these bangers and he's just waiting for the perfect single... how good does a first single for Detox actually have to be?  I mean, are people supposed to fall into orgasm upon first listen or something?  lol... I mean, it's crazy the way this thing has been biult up.  I avoided the hype for a long time, because I learned my lesson waiting for Dre's last solo album, I never believed any of these so-called "release dates" people were puttin out there, it was funny Dre had a Summer of 99 Source cover cause they thought the album was coming and it didn't come out for several more months... but now the Detox hype is really gettin to me.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:45:19 AM by Abdul-Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2008, 05:09:33 AM »

I think this is a interesting way to work,he actually wants to see/hear what route/concept comes out best (in his opinion).  ;)

It´s not like Dre don´t work anyway,so why not try to build a couple of visions/concepts instead of scrapping them?
For all we know he got 5 or more "Detox albums" in works.  :P

nah i'm just saying that, he's now "keeping" two versions, so i don't see how that would make it easier for him to choose, in compared to one.

Lucifuge

« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2008, 05:31:11 AM »
2001 has a 2 versions ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2008, 06:09:00 AM »

It´s not like Dre don´t work anyway,so why not try to build a couple of visions/concepts instead of scrapping them?
For all we know he got 5 or more "Detox albums" in works.  :P

nah i'm just saying that, he's now "keeping" two versions, so i don't see how that would make it easier for him to choose, in compared to one.

I got that  ;)
But as I said,you never know what Bishop and/or Dre is keeping away from us.  :P
Yes,it will hard for him to choose. But he should do what he feels is right,trust his instinct.  ;)

ok, but i don't trust Dre's instinct.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2008, 06:45:59 AM »
Just read this rumor over at allhiphop.com -

"I am hearing that neither 50 Cent nor Game will be on Detox. I did hear that Snoop (you know this), Bishop Lamont (you know this too), Eminem (this too), Cashis, Busta Rhymes and even Diddy will be on the final product."

Sounds good to me! Well... maybe not Diddy

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2008, 06:53:41 AM »
Just read this rumor over at allhiphop.com -

"I am hearing that neither 50 Cent nor Game will be on Detox. I did hear that Snoop (you know this), Bishop Lamont (you know this too), Eminem (this too), Cashis, Busta Rhymes and even Diddy will be on the final product."

Sounds good to me! Well... maybe not Diddy

:P