Author Topic: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?  (Read 15997 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2008, 12:32:16 AM »
It'll be a hybrid of melodies (various styles of r&b/soul funk/crunk/westcoast/jazz music), concepts that won't get played out after a few listens, live instruments, and soundbreaking mixing that'll cause an industry shakedown.  detox will be groundbreaking for hip hop MUSIC and engineering, and will go un-noticed in 3 months (you'll see with Tha Carter 3 and DigiSnax).

what makes you so sure of that?

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2008, 05:52:47 AM »
I can't wait to take my unborn child to the store and buy it when this comes out.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »
I feel what Bishop i s saying about Dre...we (or at least I) do want to know what transpired with the Death Row situation, Eazy-E, 2Pac and all that...cuz we've never heard Dre speak on those situations...we've heard Suge's side, we heard what Pac was callin' Dre before his death, and we know Dre was there with Eazy at the hospital...but aside from "The Watcher", we haven't heard Dre's thoughts & feelings about everything becuz he holds that personal to him...

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip, I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit, but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken ffrom these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...

well Bruce revealed a couple of things in the rollin wit' dre book, but yeah Dre didn't speak on those issues by himself so i see your point  ;)

I feel what Bishop i s saying about Dre...we (or at least I) do want to know what transpired with the Death Row situation, Eazy-E, 2Pac and all that...cuz we've never heard Dre speak on those situations...we've heard Suge's side, we heard what Pac was callin' Dre before his death, and we know Dre was there with Eazy at the hospital...but aside from "The Watcher", we haven't heard Dre's thoughts & feelings about everything becuz he holds that personal to him...

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip,
I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit,
but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...
cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken from these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...

I feel Chronic 2001 sort of covered most of that.
The Watcher spoke on the Suge/Death Row thing,Still DRE and Forgot About Dre spoke on his rise,fall and redemption.
He touched on Eazy (barely) on What's the Difference and his brothers death on the message.

Not sure if I want to hear this again,he should write a book or do a movie about his life instead.

when taking into account that Dre faces difficulties with speaking on such personal things
and the fact that it's hard to fit in these stories with the previous plans, i'd say scrap it.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2008, 08:50:42 AM »
I hope I'm still alive when Detox drops.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip,
I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit,
but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...
cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken from these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...

The Watcher spoke on the Suge/Death Row thing,Still DRE and Forgot About Dre spoke on his rise,fall and redemption.
He touched on Eazy (barely) on What's the Difference and his brothers death on the message.

Not sure if I want to hear this again,he should write a book or do a movie about his life instead.

what was wrong with the whole alter ego plan  :P
scrap the autobiography shit, it's too predictable

i doubt Dre would take the route that Erotic seems to head for with the Black Bruce Willis;
but he can always go for a different story and write from that perspective.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 10:44:02 AM by Dre-Day »

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »
JUST HOPE IT KNOCKS.. CANT WAIT TO GET MY HEADPHONES....WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR DETOX THRU EM...

Black Gloves

« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2008, 05:10:07 PM »

lmao this Chad Vader and Dre-Day (the same person) dude is a fuckin nerd

all he does is spam the whole shit with quotes, and the million dre books he bought and the million "the serious detox thread" wearing a fuckin Star Wars
gear.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »

what was wrong with the whole alter ego plan  :P
scrap the autobiography shit, it's too predictable

i doubt Dre would take the route that Erotic seems to head for with the Black Bruce Willis;
but he can always go for a different story and write from that perspective.

Did I say that? I would love love if Dre took the alter ego route  ;) ;)

no, it was just a question in general  ;)

MediumL

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2008, 01:15:37 AM »
Theres loads of stuff Dre has yet to talk about. Most notably the VIBE award incident and The Game & 50 situation. I don't want to hear too much hos, cars and guns shit cause The Chronic did that. I'd expect Dre to be on some grown man type shit although i guess hes gotta appeal to the youngins.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Black Gloves

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2008, 01:41:25 AM »
all he does is spam the whole shit with quotes, and the million dre books he bought and the million
"the serious detox thread" wearing a fuckin Star Wars gear.

Has I ever talked to you or bothered you? NO
So stop assuming shit and do your thing with The Game.  ;)

Its DID i ever talk to you or DID/HAVE i ever bother/bothered you. Read a little more books, and a little less Dre while wearing Star Wars gears and you'll be alright ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:45:13 AM by Smoke Um »

Black Gloves

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »
all he does is spam the whole shit with quotes, and the million dre books he bought and the million
"the serious detox thread" wearing a fuckin Star Wars gear.

Has I ever talked to you or bothered you? NO
So stop assuming shit and do your thing with The Game.  ;)

Its DID i ever talk to you or DID/HAVE i ever bother/bothered you.
Read a little more books, and a little less Dre while wearing Star Wars gears and you'll be alright ;)

Whatever...  ;)
I´m buzy reading,so I will talk to you in a another life  ;)

yeah exactly what i was sayin, you're the ultimate geek ;)

it's a shame cuz i bet you're like in your 30s and shit lmao.

omg, what are you gonna do now, secretly give me bad karma like you always do to people on this site :o ::)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 02:14:18 AM by Smoke Um »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2008, 06:22:09 AM »

all he does is spam the whole shit with quotes, and the million dre books he bought and the million "the serious detox thread" wearing a fuckin Star Wars
gear.

yep, i have a few more accounts: UCC and Mackin4life for example   :nahnah2:

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2008, 09:11:34 AM »
what i really hope is that it'll never see the light of day ^^
seriously i dont understand that hype about this album.
i dont want to hate on this project but from what i heard
this will suck anyways ...

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »
what i really hope is that it'll never see the light of day ^^
seriously i dont understand that hype about this album.
i dont want to hate on this project but from what i heard
this will suck anyways ...

so you don't know much about the album, but you are convinced of what you heard  ;)
that's funny cause there isn't much known about the final product  :laugh:

D~Nice

« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »

gear.

Not the same person, and both know more about hip hop then about 90% of this board.